30 Nov 2015

JORD Wood Watch Review

I don't know about you guys but I'm a little obsessed with watches. I already have 4 in my collection and I don't think I'm going to be stopping any time soon (pun intended). All four of my watches are currently stainless steel, but I've always been intrigued by wood watches as they look modern and just extremely cool. So when I was contacted by JORD (pronounced 'yord') I was screaming at the top of lungs and doing a happy dance.

 photo PB176799_zpsdtf3najt.jpg

Did I hear you guys ask 'Who's JORD?' well here's the quick run down: JORD is a team of artists who focus their days on creating timepieces that are modeled after a modern lifestyle. The JORD team value sustainability, efficiency, experimental living and strive to make people understand that moments are bigger than minutes and your watch should tell more than time. Womens Wooden Watches to suit all styles. 
 photo PB176798_zpstlazmlbk.jpg
 photo PB176804_zps6pii9q8k.jpg

I choose the JORD Wood Watch in Dark Sandalwood from the Fieldcrest Series (RRP $129) - I was happily surprised when this arrived in the post as it was much lighter and more breathtaking in person than on the website. Being made from real wood I was a little skeptical about it suiting my person style, thinking it would be a little bulky, but it's actually quite dainty and sleek. The dark sandalwood makes it very easy to style as well, as I love to wear neutral colours all year round. The clasp is made of stainless steel and the watch is very comfortable to wear on your wrist, no pinching at all!

Features:
  • scratch-resistant mineral glass
  • deployment buckle with push buttons
  • case width: 39mm
  • case thickness: 11mm
  • lug ends: 49mm
  • band thickness: 20mm
  • band length: 205mm
 photo PB176785_zpsllos1y1u.jpg
 photo PB196844_zpswass16w0.jpg

As you can see from the above photo, it's already in my everyday routine - makeup, watch and then out the door. If you're looking to treat yourself or a loved one, I would definitely recommend a picking up a JORD watch - they are unique, timeless and a great conversation starter!

3 comments :

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!