29 Jul 2014

Empties #10

I love composing 'empties' posts, not only do you get to purge yourself of garbage that you've accumulated (even though your partner constantly tells you to chuck it out), you also feel pretty darn good at using something (especially makeup) up. I'm feeling quite invincible at the moment as I've managed to finish 3 (yes 3, you've read it correctly) foundations this time around and quite a few other drips and drabs. However, to celebrate my victory I of course put through an order online that consisted of 4  brand spanking new foundations - ahh and the vicious circle continues. I have noticed I'm becoming increasingly slack when it comes to empties posts - maybe it's due to the fact that I have an attention span of a goldfish so I'm never able to continuously use a product until I've finished it, but I am concentrating on being more determined to do so from now on. Alas, here's my formidable empties post!

 photo P7253639_zps93f1facf.jpg
Let's begin with base products, as I mentioned earlier I've been able to finish 3 foundations, well 2 foundations and a BB Cream - close enough(!), and two concealers. I feel as though my concealer collections is becoming a little out of control as of late so I'm glad I'm able to toss these away and dive into my a few of my other products. Foundation wise, I'm feeling a little bored with the products I currently have, hence the uncontrollable need to buy 4 new foundations. However, if you guys are interested in a foundation collection I would be happy to compose one - just let me know!

 photo P7253647_zps81dd3369.jpg 
Garnier Miracle Skin Perfecter BB Cream for Oily/Combo Skin - Medium
I believe this is my second tube of this and I'm still loving it. The only sucky thing about this product is that it's only available in 2 shades (light and medium) and the medium shade does not suit me during the Winter time and Light just makes me look like a ghost. Other than that, I have no complaints, it works great with my oily/combo skin and has great lasting power. Would I repurchase? Hell yes, I've already done it once, I'd definitely do it again.
Full review here.

L'oreal Paris Nutrilift Gold Anti-Ageing Serum Foundation - 180 Golden Beige 
Oh dear lord. I didn't think I could love a foundation more than I love this one right now. I'm also pretty sure I used up this foundation faster than any other I've owned. Words simply cannot describe how much I loved this foundation, as you can see I cannot even put together a well written sentence. Alright, let's dial it back a little - this foundation has definitely become one of my holy grail foundations. I cannot even begin to explain to you how well this foundation worked with my skin. Not only is the coverage flawless (without making you look cakey), it lasts all day long and looks as good at the beginning of the day after 8 hours of wear. Everytime I wore this foundation I would legit receive compliments on my complexion, so I certainly believe I have found a winner. The only downside to this foundation is the price - it retails for $40 here in Australia and that's pretty hefty for a drugstore foundation - but for the quality I definitely believe it's worth it. I highly recommend you try out this foundation if you haven't already - trust me you'll have no regrets. Would I repurchase? Without a doubt.

Revlon ColorStay for Oily/Combo Skin - 250 Fresh Beige 
We all know how wonderful Colorstay is, almost everybody in the entire freaking universe has tried, and loved, ColorStay and I'm definitely no different. This is a staple product in my makeup collection - whenever I'm looking for a foundation that needs to withstand anything and everything and needs to last all day, I look no more further than Revlon's ColorStay. It's fantastic, it does everything a foundation needs to do and is just magnificent. I'm pretty sure I don't need to explain to you guys about ColorStay as you've already tried this foundation or have read enough about this foundation to last a lifetime. Would I repurchase? I already have! 

Garnier Roll-On Anti Dark Circle Concealer - Medium
I loved this concealer once upon a time but since venturing out and testing out a few others I've come to the realisation that yes, this is a very good concealer but definitely not my holy grail. The consistency is a little on the runny side but the coverage is very buildable. However, I still tend to notice the darkness under my eyes even though I've put on 3 layers. I think this is a great concealer for those who don't have really dark under eye circles (lucky you) and just want to brighten up that area a little. Would I repurchase? Maybe, if I desperately needed a concealer.
Full review here.

Benefit Fake Up Concealer - Medium
I also use to love this concealer. It covered everything and it was so hydrating and easy to blend. Come to think of it, I still really enjoy using this concealer but I just cannot bring myself to spend $35 here in Australia to buy it, but one day when I have enough money and travel to the US I will definitely be stocking up on this as it's only around the $20 mark! Would I repurchase? If on sale then hell yes.
Full review here.

 photo P7253645_zps14f44f95.jpg

RPR Do Organics Rescue Leave In Treatment*
I wasn't sure how I was going to get along with this product at first as I've never tried any other products from this brand before. I received this Leave In Treatment along with the Shampoo and Conditioner, unfortunately the Shampoo/Conditioner did not get along at all and therefore will not be making an appearance in my Empties post as I wasn't able to 'finish it'. The Leave In Treatment on the other hand was delightful. I initially thought it would be very heavy and would weigh my hair down but it was quite light and if anything made my hair feel extra soft and smooth. I'm sad I finished up the bottle and would definitely consider buying this product in the future!

Batiste Dry Shampoo - Blush 
This product has been featured in 90% of my empties post - I will not bore you to death with another mini review. Would I repurchase? Always have, Always will. 

Michael Todd True Organics Cleanse and Tone - One Step Cleanser and Toner 
I normally love Michael Todd products, everything I've tried previously has worked marvelously, but I guess every brand has to have a few not so impressive products. I don't usually use a cleanser/toner combo, I usually use a Cleanser and then a Toner in another step, so to use a combo like this product was a little weird. But not only that I also just felt as though it just doesn't work as well as the 2-step method. My skin definitely didn't feel as clean as it usually would and I did notice more frequent break outs whilst using this product. So all-in-all this is a no go product. Would I repurchase? No.

QV Face Moisturising Day Cream 
I'm going to keep it short and simple and say this is hands down best face cream ever. It's extremely hydrating but non-greasy and it sinks into the skin within seconds! Oh and it has SPF - this day cream just ticks all the boxes for me. Ugh, just go out and try this day moisturiser and you will know what I'm talking about. Would I repurchase? In a heartbeat.

 photo P7253649_zps9e84ab3b.jpg

Carmex Moisturising Lip Balm 
I've said it once and I'll say it again - this is by far one of my favourite lip balms. It's been featured quite a few times on See It, Love It, Swatch It mainly on tag posts e.g The One and Only Tag, The Lip Product Addict Tag etc. It's extremely moisturising and can fix chapped lips within a day oh and it gives you a subtle flush of colour, what more could you ask for?! Would I repurchase? Yes, yes, yes.

Rimmel London ScandalEyes Mascara  
So, I was out shopping one day and realised I needed a new mascara as I was dangerously running low, I saw that Rimmel was on sale and choose a random mascara hoping that it would be decent. Boy, oh boy was I wrong. This was an awful mascara, which saddens me to say as I love Rimmel Products, but it did absolutely nothing for me. There was no lengthening nor volumising, all it seemed to do is make my lashes, and the area surrounding, black. The brush was massive which was it extremely difficult to use as well. Ahh, just bad. Stay away from this mascara. Would I repurchase? No, I would not accept this mascara even if someone paid me to.

Essence Get BIG!Lashes Mascara
This mascara was tolerable, definitely not as painful as the Rimmel mascara but nothing spectacular either.  Application was simple, and there was slight voluminous and lengthening aspects but it didn't last very long at all. I believe I paid $4 for this so no complaints here. Would I repurchase? Probably not.

Benefit They're Real Mascara
Now here's a mascara that actually works. This is one of my favourite, and most used, mascaras - pretty sure there has been at least one in every empties post so far. It lengthens, adds volume and does not make you have panda eyes. It's a fantastic mascara that everyone needs to try at least once in their lifetime. Would I repurchase? YES.

Australis Makeup Finishing Spritz 
Another product on my favourites list is the Australis Finishing Spritz. I initially only bought this product as I wanted to see if finishing sprays were worth getting into, as I wanted to try the UD All Nighter Spray, but since getting my hands on this bad boy I have not looked back. I believe this is my 3rd bottle and I don't see myself gravitating away from this product anytime soon. It makes your makeup last twice as long (if not more) and it settles everything down to make it look flawless. For example, if you went a little overboard with the foundation/powder just spritz a little this on and you will look airbrushed within minutes! Would I repurchase? Yes!

 photo P7253651_zps6b35d80a.jpg

Ardell Lashgrip Eyelash Adhesive 
This is a staple product in my collection. I cannot use any other lash glue besides this one from Ardell - it works great and doesn't come off like other glues I've used in the past. It's inexpensive and quite accessible as well - all in all a great product. Would I repurchase? Yes.

Maybelline Mastershape Eye Brow Pencil - Deep Brown 
This is without a doubt one of the most disappointing products I've owned. If you've been reading my posts for a while you will know exactly what I'm talking about, but if not for full details of my misery and review about the product click here. Would I repruchase? No.

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil - Rockstar
I've heard many amazing things about the 24/7 Glide On Pencils but I never really looked into it. When I was lucky enough to win a giveaway a couple of months ago I also received a 24/7 pencil in Rockstar and I've been using it everyday since. It seriously does glide on effortlessly and the pigmentation is immaculate. The staying power is also tremendous - I mean who needs a gel/liquid liner when you have a simple pencil liner! Would I repurchase? I will definitely be looking into buy a couple of these in the future!


That's enough from me, I hope you guys enjoyed this quick empties post! I would love to hear your thoughts if you've tried any of these products! 


10 comments :

  1. Amazing empties Dawn! I'm really impressed with how many makeup products you finished up hehe! I've never tried anything from QV but that day cream sounds really amazing! Same goes for the L'oreal foundation, though I'm not sure I could fork out $40 for a drugstore foundation!!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good job! I have the Rimmel Rockin Curves mascara and the brush is gigantic!! What's up with that! Love the They're Real mascara and that brush :) I've also got the Essence one, for $4 I didn't think it was too bad so I'm willing to for out another $4 or so to try some of their others. I've always wanted to try the Australis finishing spray and now I really want to try it! sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Great empties post and such an impressive amount of make-up! There is no way I could finish so many foundations in one go. I feel like living in Australia is such a burden when it comes to make-up, $40 for a drug store foundation? Wow! I really want to try that L'Oreal foundation after hearing your thoughts on it, but dat price tag tho! I feel the same about that Garnier concealer, it was one of the first ones I ever tried and it's great but there is definitely better ones out there. I actually tried the UD All Nighter Spray before the Australis one and the Australis one is just as good if not better. I'm on my second bottle! Great post!

    Chantalle x
    ceceandgrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang, you make me really want to try the L'oreal foundation now! The Australis Finishing Spritz sounds great, I always have trouble with looking too powdery but I always had the impression that finishing spritz was just expensive water xD Might check it out!

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving They're real mascara too! It's become a HG for me!

    Ms Jelena xx
    | facebook | instagram | twitter | pinterest |

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't like the Essence Get Big Lashes mascara. The brush was too big and the formula was so-so. It wasn't really volumizing either. I think it would work better who have thicker and/or longer lashes already.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also adore the Garnier BB cream and ardell lash glue :)
    Cheers to also having a partner who complains about collecting a basket of rubbish LOL!
    Awesome empties, look forward to reading the next one..
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. That UD pencil though! I got a set for my birthday and seriously haven't had to buy any other eye liner pencils since - they're amazing!! But ooo that's too bad about the scandaleyes... I was going to buy one of 'em to try them out but now I dunno :S - Empties posts are quite helpful! :)

    Cat ♥ Cachoo Joo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job, Dawn! Don't you always feel so much better about how much you were able to use up after look at all your empties. As you mentioned, it's a bit of a pain to hold onto them until you take a photo, but such an feeling of accomplishment, like "I actually finished something!" Okay so many not that dramatic...
    And HOLY HELL. $40 for L'oreal? I died.
    Carolyn | BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many empties! I use a few of those products myself :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!