17 Jun 2014

The Lip Product Addict TAG

Being a massive lip product hoarder I've been dying to do this tag ever since I saw it floating around last month. Some of these questions were pretty tough as I love so many different types, but I've successfully narrowed down my answers to just a few products. 

 photo P6153484_zpsfd067eee.jpg

1. Favourite Balm/Treatment

As Winter rolls around, a girl can never have enough lip balm products, especially when they are already vulnerable to having dry lips. I believe my ultimate favourite would have to be Carmex Moisture Plus followed closely by Smith's Rosebud Salve and Korres Lip Butter Glaze. Moisture Plus is my favourite purely due to the fact that it works and it has a hint of colour. If my lips are feeling dead and peeling, I whack some Moisture Plus on and within a couple of hours all is good in the world. I also love using the Rosebud Salve for overnight treatment and Lip Butter Glaze when I'm out of Moisture Plus. 

 photo P6153485_zps5307f95f.jpg

 2. Best Eye Catching Red
  This has got to be Lime Crime's Velvetines in Red Velvet. I've never received so many compliments on how much people liked my lip colour until I wore this a couple of weeks ago. The shade itself is  perfect, definitely not too warm nor cool, and although it's also matte it doesn't turn your lips into the Sahara Desert. Win/win/win situation if you ask me.

 photo P6153487_zps9b8bab27.jpg 

 3. Best Luxury and Best Drugstore

The best luxury lip products in my opinion have got to be the YSL Rouge Volupte Shine Lipsticks. The packaging alone is immaculate and when paired with shade availability and pigmentation/wear, it's definitely a winner. I currently own shade 6 Pink In Devotion.  For drugstore I have cheat and choose two brands, Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipsticks and NYX Black Label Lipsticks. Both brands offer affordable, great quality products that ensure wearers that they will never, ever suffer from dry lip syndrome. My favourites from the range is NYX's Poem and Rimmel's Kate 20.

 photo P6153492_zpsd53cd828.jpg 
4. Best MAC Lipstick

If you've been reading my blog for a while now you will already know how much i love MAC's Syrup. It's my go to 'My-Lips-But-Better' shade for any occasion and just compliments every look. It's a Lustre therefore it is a little on the quite sheer side but can be layered to provide more pigmentation/colour to the lips. This also means that it's easier and more comfortable to wear as some MAC lipsticks are a little too creamy/heavy. 

 photo P6153494_zps0f7018b1.jpg 
5. The Most Disappointing

I'm going to get a lot of critiscism about my choice here but I think my most disappointing product would have to be the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains. Now, before you get your pitchforks just let me explain. I wouldn't say I'm completely riding these products off, but they just did not meet my expectations as they were so hyped when they initially released. As much as I enjoy the concept, it just didn't appeal to me and I can't see the reason why people love it so much. 

I think the shades I purchase also impacted my decision to never reach for them.  I currently have Lovesick, which is a shade I do like, and Cherrish, which looks terrible with my skin tone. Another reason why I was disappointed was because of the smell. It's just a little too strong and overpowering for my liking.


 photo P6153495_zps256088fc.jpg

6. Liner - Yes or No?

I wouldn't say it's a necessity in anyone's makeup routine, as most people often use liner to either a) make their lipstick last longer or b) ensure that their lipstick is crisp around the edges, both of which can be achieved with or without liner. Therefore, I'll have to say no. 

7. Best Gloss

Hands down this has to go to NYX. I don't think I've ever tried a bad product from NYX, especially when it comes to lips. I was tossing up between the Butter Glosses and the Mega Shine Lip Glosses but I opted for the Mega Shine as the packaging is just so adorable! I honestly don't have anything bad to say about these as the consistency, texture and pigmentation of these glosses are fantastic.  I currently own Tea Rose and Beige.
   photo P6153498_zps34ab87c5.jpg 
8. Something Extra

Whenever I want to feel a little special I always go to my Chanel Rouge Coco Lipstick in 39 Paradis. I don't know whether or not it's because of the brand, but there's just something about this lipstick that makes you feel great when you wear it. The shade is very versatile, so it would compliment a lot of skin tones and the shade is not too 'in-your-face' either. Definitely an elegant and classic choice.

 photo P6153501_zps3242f25b.jpg


I hope you guys enjoyed my answers. If you've already completed this tag, leave a link to your post below, as I would love to read yours!





14 comments :

  1. Loved reading your answers! The Carmex moisture plus sounds amazing! I might have to give it a go when I'm in need of a stick lip balm. Love the Rimmel lipsticks too!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did the tag recently on my channel!

    Honestly, I don't care much for the Balm Stains either. I have one in Crush and I rarely wear it just because... I don't know. It's not the shade. I don't shy away from any lip colour, really. I just... the product isn't exciting for me, I guess. And it's kind of drying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so enjoyed reading this! loved all the pink shades http://maybemayhemmakeup.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, there's a few you mentioned that have been added to my list to try :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I wonder if the just kissable and the matt balm are the same... I mean you look so dissapointed and I really loved the matte one. I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved reading your answers. The Chanel lipstick looks beautiful. I personally love the Revlon balm stains because they last a long time on my lips for me. Strangely enough, I find the Nyx megashine lipglosses' scent to be too sweet for me but they definitely pack a lot of shine.

    I've also done this tag on my blog, it's a fun tag!

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you want to learn more about permanent lip augmentation treatment you can visit to permanent lip augmentation gurgaon

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all of these! NYX, Rimmel, YSL, Revlon... they all know how to do a good lip product!
    Carolyn | BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful post!
    nice products!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post! Love your choices of lippies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hear so many good things about the NYX lip glosses I should probably try one myself!
    Spencrescurls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!