3 May 2014

My Rimmel Lipstick Collection

Rimmel have become one of my go to brands when it comes to lipsticks. It seems enviable that every lipstick I purchase from Rimmel I become fixated with for the couple of weeks until I eventually find a new shade. I remember when Kmart had a special promotion of Rimmel lipsticks being $5 each and I crazily went to 4 different stores to find some decent shades. Unfortunately I only ended up purchasing 2 as all the stands were raided for all the decent shades, but I digress. So, I thought I would show you my somewhat small collection of Rimmel lipsticks today that I have accumulated over the past year or two.

 photo P4273219_zps3e704958.jpg

As most of you know Rimmel has quite a few different collections for their lipsticks  - Lasting Finish (available in 20 shades), Moisture Renew (available in 12 shades), Lasting Finish by Kate Moss (available in 9 shades), Spring Collection by Kate Moss (available in 5 shades) and Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss (available in 6 shades). Although I find that their selection of lipsticks is smaller compared to their counterparts Revlon and Maybelline, the quality is just as good or quite possibly even better.

Unlike other lipsticks I've tried that label themselves as 'moisturising', I truly find Rimmel lipsticks to be one of the most comfortable lip products to wear. I have no problems with dryness or flaking when I wear Rimmel lipsticks, there I can confidently wear them throughout the entire working day knowing I won't look like I have the Sahara Desert on my face. I haven't experienced any bad shades so far, as I do know some people have experience patchiness. 

From the collections I've tried, they have all been creamy and moisturising making them superb to wear. The only downfall with moisturising lipsticks is that you do need to reapply more often especially when eating and drinking is involved. Which doesn't really bother me but can be a hassle for some people. I also really enjoy the scent that the Rimmel lipsticks have - am I the only one? 

 photo P4273224_zps32abe387.jpg
 photo P4273231_zps00eb6399.jpg

As you can see from above I currently own 7 Rimmel lipsticks from the Spring Collection by Kate, Lasting Finish and one from their Show Off Lasting Finish Collection (which i believe has been discontinued?). Predictably, I stayed within my comfort zone and have acquired mostly pink toned shades that aren't too loud or bold. My favourites from the bunch would have to be Kate 16 and Asia 77 - both shades are very wearable for both day and night and seems to compliment my skin tone impeccably. 

 photo P4273225_zpse4f80113.jpg
 photo ScreenShot2014-04-27at25944PM_zps6b43e7cc.png


Kate 16 has been described by others as a bright pink coral shade, but I find it more to be a muted pink with a hint of coral undertones. Kate 20 is a vibrant, bold fuchsia pink whereas Asia 077 is the perfect mix of pink with brown undertones - it's one of the 'my lips but better' shades. Sugar Plum 86 and Drop of Sherry 58 both have frost finishes which I didn't realise when purchased them but I surprisingly like both a lot, especially Sugar Plum. Drop of Sherry is mid-toned red with golden shimmer and Sugar Plum is essentially a plum colour, or rather a berry wine shade. Pink Blush 06 is a light pink with warm undertones to make it easier for tanned ladies such as myself to pull it off. And lastly we have Tell No One 30 which is a actually my one and only 'orange' lipstick however it does have red undertones to make it a little more wearable. 

(Review for Asia and Pink Blush here)

 photo P4273234_zpsd18c94aa.jpg

Overall I'm thoroughly loving all the Rimmel lipsticks - I do need to get my hands on the Moisture Renew lipsticks as I've heard quite a few raves about them as well. These are definitely one of the best inexpensive lipsticks on the Australian market at the moment, so I highly recommend you try them out if you haven't already. Oh and I'd love to know your opinion as well if you've tried any of these lipsticks!




17 comments :

  1. I really love Rimmel's lipstick too! At the moment, I only own 3 (08, 01, 03) from Kate's Lasting Finish range but I really want to try the matte one!

    Yuen @ The Craziest Paradigm - fashion, beauty + lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo I don't have any Rimmel lipsticks! Really like the colour-payoff on your swatches though! Especially like Asia 077 - I'm a fan of neutrals/pinks so it looks like something I might wear for sure! (I really like Rimmel's shadow sticks too - nice & big with great colour pay-off too ;) )

    Cachoo Joo // CACHOO JOO

    ReplyDelete
  3. They all look great, I especially like the look of Sugarplum. I own and really like shade 16 in the Kate Moss line, and you just reminded me to whip it out and use it again! I remember years ago searching high and low for Rimmel's "airy fairy" due to many youtubers rave but couldn't find it as it was discountinued :(

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a couple of lipsticks from Rimmel and I really love them, especially because they are decently affordable. I like that they have a good mix of bold and neutral shades. I really want to try the Moisture Renews as well!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a couple of Rimmel Lipsticks and I love them! I have "Pink Blush" too and it's one of my favourites!! From your swatch of Kate 16, I might need to make a trip to the shops for that one! :D

    Melissa | Lemonmel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your lip swatches are on point! I really love Kate 20 on you and on me too :P it's my go-to shade when I'm going out but I feel like shit lol

    Sarah | More Than Adored

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also have number 16 from kate's collection

    ReplyDelete
  8. i quite like rimmel lippies and the kate collab is so killer. often celeb collabs can be really meh but that line really delivers. i have one in the shade 14. a great peachy nude.
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the swatches. Love the intensity of all the lipsticks. I really like a drop of sherry!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I Love em all! :) but my favorite shade is kate 20 :)) ^_^
    xoxo
    http://switbbydoll.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also have some rimmel lipsticks in my collection, I really like them and the price is also affordable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow lovely collection! :)
    I will try those lovely shades

    http://www.zhenxperience.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rimmel has been catching my eye lately! Wanna get the entire Kate collection! love how these look

    http://asunkissedaffair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. If you're looking for an excellent contextual ad company, I recommend you take a look at Chitika.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!