2 Apr 2014

Empties #9

It's been a little over 4 months since I've posted an empties post and I'm flabbergasted with the amount of rubbish I've accumulated! Finally being able to make this blog post was immensely cathartic – my dressing table is finally cleared of rubbish and looking spic and span. I’m very proud of what I’ve used up in the past 4 months, to which treated myself to a little online shopping a week or two ago. 

Unfortunately, my empties posts are pretty boring - I feel as though I use the same items over and over again and rarely use sample products I have received. With that being said, I'm trying not to revert back to my habits and therefore decided not to repurchase any skincare products until I have used up all the samples I currently have sitting in my draw. With that being said, let's jump straight into the post!

 photo P3222879_zps4805569f.jpg
MUK Spa Argan Oil Treatment:
This bottle actually broke on my when I was 3/4 of the way through - it was one of the saddest discoveries as it had broken in transit and leaked all through my overnight bag. I thoroughly enjoyed using this treatment and would definitely consider purchasing this in the future. I noticed that my hair looked silkier and felt smoother when using it and it made my hair less knotty. (review) Would I repurchase again? Maybe

MUK Spa Argan Oil Repair Shampoo & Conditioner:
I also loved using this shampoo and conditioner combo. It lathered beautifully, smelt amazing and it made my hair feel more nourished. The only downside is that the bottles are tiny and are a little on the pricey side retailing at $26.95 each. Would I repurchase again? Maybe, if I wanted to truly spoil myself. 

 photo P3222881_zps064b8f89.jpg

Michael Todd True Organics Intensive Eye Cream &
Michael Todd True Organics Honey and Oat Gentle Deep Pore Cleanser &
Michael Todd True Organics Citrus Cream Moisturiser:
I loved using all three of these products - MT produce my favourite skincare products on the market at the moment as they are so effective and reasonably price. If you want further reviews about these products head over to this post where I share with you my skincare routine. Would I repurchase this again? Yes.

Dr Lewins Hydrating Day Cream:
As I mentioned earlier, I'm trying to use up all my skincare samples by not repurchasing anything for the time being. The first thing to be used up is this day cream, I didn't notice anything special about this moisturiser nor anything bad. This is a good moisturiser if you don't have sensitive/acne prone skin as all it does is hydrate your skin. Would I repurchase again? Maybe. 

Philosophy Hope In A Jar Moisturiser:
I've heard a lot of rave reviews about Philosophy products, so I was quite keen to give this a try. Unfortunately, I'm sitting on the fence with Philosophy products after using Hope In A Jar. The consistency of this moisturiser was nothing like I imagined. It felt quite thick, but when you massaged on your skin it instantly disappeared like water. It honestly didn't feel like I was moisturising my face at all. With that being said though, my complexion was slightly less oily than what it usually is prior to using it - but that might be due to lack of nourishment. Would I repurchase this again? Probably not. 

 photo P3222884_zps3b87c876.jpg

Soap and Glory Hand Food:
This product needs no explanation at all. If you've never tried this hand cream - get it. Would I repurchase again? Yes, 1000 times yes. 

Australis See Ya Later Nail Polish Remover x2:
I've mentioned this nail polish remover numerous before but I'm still amazed at how easily it removes nail polish. After using up two more bottles, I've run out of pre-purchased See Ya Laters and resorted back to a Sally Hansen remover. The difference is incredible, with See Ya Later normal nail polishes are removed within a matter of seconds, however with the Sally Hansen one it takes a good 30 seconds and quite a lot of wiping. So would I repurchase again? Hell yes. 

Australis Make-Up Finishing Spritz x2:
If you've been reading my blog for a while now you will already know my obsession with this makeup setting spray. This is honestly one of the best beauty discoveries I've made. It's cheap, accessible, makes your makeup last all day and look less cakey/thick -  what more could you want? Would I repurchase again? I already have another bottle.

 photo P3222885_zps3c7b0db7.jpg

Benefit POREfessional
Okay, I'm not even going to bothered describing how I got along with this product because if you're a regular reader of this blog you will already know how freaking obsessed I am with this product. Would I repurchase? Until the end of time. 

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder
This is one of the best drugstore powders I've tried. Not only does it truly keep you looking matte but it also doesn't make you appear 'cakey'. This is truly a 10/10 product. Would I repurchase? Yes, yes, yes. 

Benefit They're Real Mascara
I cannot believe I've finished a full bottle and a sample size within a couple of months - it must be a real sign as to how much I love it. The formula of this mascara is great and the wand is magnificent. This is one of the best mascaras I've tested and the one I always go back to because it's just so darn easy to apply. Would I repurchase? YES. 

Maybelline Master Shape Eye Brow Pencil
I wrote a blog post about this product (here) a month or two ago claiming how much I loved this brow pencil.. only to discover Maybelline had change the formula of the product. To read about my agony and for a deeper review head over that post. Would I repurchase? Not anymore.

Ardell Lash Grip
I go through this like it's underwear. I love wearing falsies and this is definitely my go to eyelash adhesive. It dries fast and lasts all day long, what more could you want? Would I repurchase? Yes. 

Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation
I loved using this foundation, I was utterly obsessed with this when it initially released. I'm very sad that I've used it all up, but I'm also glad I'm able to buy a new jar as this shade was a little too pale for my skin tone. Overall this was a great medium-full coverage foundation which made my skin stay matte all day long and did not budge. Would I repurchase? Yes please!

 photo P3222889_zps30b16358.jpg

Face Of Australia Purifying Cleansing Wipes x4
I have been using these wipes for the past year or so and I'm so glad I purchased in bulk because they are truly amazing for the price. They get the most the makeup off my face without making it feel dry and tight, and it doesn't leave any oily residue on the skin. Would I repurchase? Hell yes. 

Nivea Visage Pure Natural Facial Cleansing Wipes
These wipes were pretty good as well - however they do cost a little steeper than the FOA wipes. The only factor I didn't like about these was that it made my eyes sting when I tried to remove the makeup around that area. Would I repurchase? Yes, if they were on sale. 

 photo P3222891_zpsbcbe1973.jpg

I hope you guys have enjoyed reading this empties post - I promise to start using more a more diverse range or products so that these posts will be more interesting! And of course to not slack off again and do these posts more frequently!



5 comments :

  1. Great post! I really want to try some Michael Todd products but am put off because of ordering them from the US :( I've heard nothing but good things about them, though!


    Kimberley // Kimberley's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh you used up SO many products! I am so impressed :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colorstay whipped too! I've repurchased but still haven't been able to touch it due to other opened foundations. I'll have to check out that Australis nail polish remover. I'm pretty happy with m y FOA one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you've finished up so many products I wish I could be that diligent myself! I love so many of the products you have mentioned, but in particular the Australis finishing spray. I recently bought this in the Priceline 40% sale and I think saying that I am more than impressed is an understatement!!!

    Chantalle x
    ceceandgrace.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brill post - you have definitely been busy!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!