15 Mar 2014

The Blogger Love Tag!

I've been wanting to do a TAG post for quite some time now, but nothing had really caught my eye until I stumbled across The Blogger Love Tag! I was also tagged by the lovely Sarah from More Than Adored so that's even more reason for me to do it.

I'll be honest with you now though, I was a little hesitant in publishing this post as I don't think my answers would be as interesting as other posts I've seen. But nevertheless I will try my best and incorporate a variety of blogs that I enjoy reading.

 photo Untitlffed_zps6e780cfd.jpg



What was the first blog you ever came across? 


I can't give a definite answer for this question but I'm pretty sure one of the very first blogs I stumbled across was Jen's blog From Head To Toe. After discovering her blog, I ended up watching all her YouTube videos and also finding a multitude of other beauty YouTubers and then the obsession began. I also remember being obsessed with Adrienne's blog The Sunday Girl as well, I mean she posts about 3 blog posts a day, talk about blogging beast. 


Favourite beauty blog reads


This question always puts me off as I want to list so many bloggers, but I can never seem to remember all the blogs I love until 5 days later, I must have been a gold fish in my past life. Here's a couple from the top of my head: 




 Best blogging friend


Although I have met a tonne of amazing people by joining the blogging community, I am sad to say that I actually don't have a "blogging best friend". I do think it is my own fault though as I don't put in as much effort with my peers, but I would definitely like to change that and focus more on creating some friendships! So who wants to be my friend?! (Just kidding.. not really)


Name a blog that enables your purchases


Pretty much all the blogs I'm currently following enables me to buy. Whenever I see a rave review about a particular product, I will instantly become intrigued. If I then see another rave review about the same product I will subconsciously add it onto my never ending makeup wishlist. But there are a few specific blogs that do make me want to purchase instantly and that is Lena over at Sleep and Water (the photos themselves make your want to buy) and Mishelle from Mishelle's Sleepy Time


5 blogs everyone should be reading! 


 

Your favourite way to read blogs


I personally love scrolling through my blogger dashboard and reading all the latest posts from the blogs I'm following through GFC, I find it so simple, quick and easy by doing it this way. I also love using Bloglovin' to read the blogs that cannot be followed by GFC and also browsing through their 'Find Blogs' section and discovering brand new blogs! 


Bloggers that inspire you


There are many bloggers that inspire me, whether it be their blog layout, their photography skills or even the types of posts they blog about. But the one that does inspire me the most is Zoe from Zoella - her photos are phenomenal and her posts/YouTube videos are beautifully written and hilarious to boot. 


Favourite blog design/look 


This was a hard question to answer, but there is one blog at the moment that I'm obsessed with and that is Gemma's blog Miss Makeup Magpie - the header of her blog is so creative and adorable!

What is your favourite thing about blogging?


Everything about blogging is fantastic. It let's you be creative in your own way and allows you to truly express yourself in ways you wouldn't normally. For me personally, I believe blogging has made me more articulate and constantly makes me think outside the box. Blogging also gives you the opportunity to communicate with those who also share the same passion as you, which is truly one of the best aspects of all. 


Name a blogger you would most like to see write a book in the future!


This has hands down got to be Lena over at Sleep and Water - everything she writes is perfectly written and honest.. and hopefully the book will include some photos as her photography skills are immaculate.


I hope you guys enjoyed reading this post and didn't find my answers too mundane. Feel free to do this tag if you haven't already - I would love to see who your favourite blogs are!



10 comments :

  1. Thank you for the mention! :D I will be your friend! Haha, I also totally agree that Lena should write a book. She is so professional and articulate in her writing, and her reviews always show the positives and negatives.

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading this! And I really want to build some friendships too, as much as I comment a lot, I feel like I'm not that close with any bloggers. I'll be your friend too ;) Haha. Thanks so much for the mention!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed reading your answers - I found them super interesting! Lots I agree with too :) Jen from From Head to Toe was definitely one of the first bloggers I encountered, I think I might have been Googling some kind of Revlon eyeshadow quad? Then I found she was Asian and had a similar eye shape to me and that was pretty cool. I'm still old school and also prefer to read most of my blogs via GFC on Blogger - I sometimes gravitate toward Bloglovin' but the ol' dashboard is still my favourite way :) And blogs have enabled so many of my purchases - I can't remember the last time the Internet wasn't involved somehow in my purchasing decisions when it comes to makeup (or much else, really) :p Thank you so much for the really sweet mentions too :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lena from sleepandwater and Coco from TBM are such awesome writers! I enjoy reading both blogs equally, and I love yours as well (: I've moved towards bloglovin but I preferred GFC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woooo! SO glad you decided to do it :D I loved your answers. I agree that Lena should write a book - it'd be perfect .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice post!
    Thank you for sharing us new blogs!
    Have a fab weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome post and gave me a whole new list of new blogs to read!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you very much for the mention :) you've featured some of my favourite blogs here!
    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So honoured to be included in your reading list! And I love blogging for the same reasons as you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just saw this tag now, babe! Thank you thank you for including me in your list of favorites. Very honored!!! ♥ Doing this tag soon!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!