2 Mar 2014

Shop My Stash

I'm a creature of habit - once I get comfortable with a certain routine I stick to it without fail and completely forget about everything else and unfortunately this has happened to my makeup routine. For example, I've become so obsessed with using the L'Oreal Nutri Lift Gold Foundation that I haven't looked twice at any other foundation or I've become infatuated with using TheBalm's Bahama Mama that I've neglected all my other bronzers in my collection. 

So I decided that the 1st of March will mark the beginning of the 'Shop My Stash' series on my here on my blog, where every month or so I will post a 'Stop My Stash' post detailing what I will try and reach for more often in the upcoming weeks. Hopefully you guys will enjoy rediscovering all my forgotten products with me!

 photo P2202758_zpsf6e71bf7.jpg

Jumping right into it - as I mentioned before I've been infatuated with the L'Oreal Nutri Lift Gold Foundation lately (I've already used up more than half the bottle!!) and needed to mix things up and put my other foundations into good use. My past favourites have been the Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation and NARS Sheer Glow Foundation. I use to religiously use the Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation but then got distracted with the Garnier BB Cream which then got replaced with the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation etc. After remembering how much I loved this foundation and also noticing that I only had a tiny amount left I decided to finish it up. I've been using it again for the past week and I'm almost finished! But one thing I love about the Whipped Foundation is that it just looks better as time goes on. By the time 2pm hits it looks like you have airbrushed skin and your blush/bronzer looks exceptional. This is definitely one of the best long-wearing foundations. 

The NARS Sheer Glow foundation is actually one of my favourite foundations in my collection and not to mention one of the most expensive. For this reason I rarely use this on an everyday basis as I'm trying to increase it's lifespan. Which is actually pretty naive of me as all makeup as an expiry date no matter how often you use it. With this in mind I decided that I will make more effort in wearing this foundation, whether it be once or twice a week, so I can actually enjoy it's amazingness. What I love about Sheer Glow is that it has amazing coverage, doesn't settle into fine lines nor look heavy/cakey on the skin and it blends like a charm. Oh and you also feel fabulous when wearing it. 

I wanted to make an honourable mention to the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer. You guys already know I'm a devoted fan of the Benefit POREfessional and usually don't give any other primers a second glance, but I found this deluxe sample in my collection and remembered that I thoroughly enjoyed using this primer once upon a time. The Smashbox primer is silicone based and therefore has the ability to control my oiliness as well as ensure my makeup lasts the entire day. The only factor that it doesn't match up to when comparing to the POREfessional is the filling in pores proportion. But other than that it's superb and is a product I need to start using again. 

 photo P2202763_zpse406e1e0.jpg

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipsticks. I haven't used Revlon lipsticks in a very long and was genuinely happy when I found them in my lipstick collection. Revlon hands down have one the best drugstore lipstick ranges, one of which is the Super Lustrous range. They're creamy, pigmented, don't bleed/settle into lines and come in such a diverse range of colours - I actually cannot believe I stopped wearing them. 

 photo P2202764_zps28bc291f.jpg
 photo P2202766_zps7b1a76bf.jpg

Next we have blushers and bronzer -  we are going back to my roots when it comes to these products. Once upon a time I use to be obsessed with the products pictured below, but after the introduction of TheBalm's Bahama Mama Bronzer and my NARS Pierre Hardy Blushes/Illamasqua Blushes these products were no where to be seen. Starting with the ELF Contour Kit - I bought this as it was a supposed dupe for the NARS Orgasm blush and Laguna bronzer and fell in love with it straight away. However, I bought this (and the other products) in my 'I-must-buy-everything-the-youtubers-mention' faze and acquire all the beauty products on the market and I forgot about them gem. Both the blush and bronzer in this kit are easy to blend, highly pigmented and have great lasting power - this is definitely a product you need in your start-up kit.

Moving onto Bourjois' Delice De Poudre Chocolate Bronzing Powder - you would certainly remembering me raving about this beaut back in the early stages of my blog. I used this bronzer religiously and don't know why I stopped. The shade is very flattering and does not look muddy at all. I definitely going to be reaching for this more often now as Autumn is here and I'm going to miss my tanned complexion. 

Now we have Benefit's Posie Tint - I always forget I have this in my collection as I don't store it with my blushers but with my highlighters instead. I really need to start using this more often as it looks extremely natural and gives the cheeks a gorgeous flush of colour. It will also look more flattering than powder blushers during the colder months as it will look more dewy. 

Speaking of powder blushers, I found my Physicians Formula Happy Booster Blush and MAC Danity Blush. Both of which are great pink blushers that provide a nice flush of colour to the cheeks. The only downside I find about these blushers is that they can look overdone if your too heavy handed when applying them - therefore I usually have to go over it when my setting powder brush to tone it down. Other than that both are good and need more love and affection from yours truly. 

 photo P2202767_zpsf54e623b.jpg

Now for eyeshadows - whenever it comes to eyeshadows I will without a doubt reach for my UD Naked 2 palette as I know they will never disappoint and I love the convenience of the large mirror. But I do need to give more love to my other eyeshadow palettes that offer the same quality eyeshadows which include theBalm Shady Lady Vol. 2 and Wet N Wild Comfort Zone Palette. Both palettes offer buttery smooth eyeshadows that are unbelievably pigmented and blend super easily. What I love about the Shady Lady palette is that it does have a massive mirror and a great mixture of shades where you can create a nice neutral eye or even add a pop of colour depending on your mood. Comfort Zone is notorious for it's quality and it's affordable price - the only downside is that the packaging is a little flimsy and it doesn't have a mirror. Nevertheless both palettes will now be put on the top of list when I require eyeshadow assistance. 

And lastly we have my old love Too Faced Brow Envy Kit - since discovering that my most recent love the Master Shape Brow Pencil by Maybelline has changed formula's I have been forced to retreat back to my old brow products. One of which is the the Brow Envy Kit - I love the wax component and the ability to mix the two shades offered in the kit to make the perfect shade. I now just have to get use to using powders again as apposed to a pencil. 

 photo P2202768_zps5b785101.jpg

I hope you guys liked my first instalment of the 'Shop My Stash' series - let me know if you have any tips on how to improve these posts. Also, fingers crossed I will be able to accomplish this endeavour and not revolt back to my regular habitual products. 


20 comments :

  1. This is such a good idea! I often get stuck in the routine of using the same products and forgetting about the rest. Maybe I'll have to try something like this! You have some great picks in there and products that I also own and haven't used in quite some time. Maybe I'll break them out again!

    Lauren // Lipstick & Lacquer

    ReplyDelete
  2. looove the colours of the lipsticks! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a bad encounter with Bourjois' bronzer, he looked incredibly muddy on me :(
    at one stage, my mum thought I had dirt on my face

    LilynotLouise | Beauty and Food

    ReplyDelete
  4. I try and do this every month. I have a pretty large collection and it helps me to use up products and fall back in love with a few. Love your selection this month!

    Take Care,
    Mandy Jean
    www.mandyjeanchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm such a creature of habit too, but more so because I go to school and we're technically not allowed to wear makeup, so I can't really switch it up - but I wish I could! Gosh darn I really want to try the Nars Sheer glow - alas maybe one day! I only own one super lustrous lipstick (I'm not the hugest fan of its shade though), but I've heard tonnes about them so I'll have to have a proper look at the shades.

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg, great stuff! I'd love to grab that comfort zone palette and that blush as well as some of those lipsticks to try! I love seeing what other people have!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been meaning to try benefit's tints! I would like to buy it soon this year, cause I want to use it as a lip tint!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the products you've featured in this post!
    Overall, a very enjoyable read :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is an awesome post idea! You have so many great products :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved this post, such a good idea! I'm hopeless with shopping my stash, can't remember the last time I didn't wear my relvon colorstay foundation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea I love the posie tint by benefit.
    Now I wonder how much stuff I have in my stash that I actually bought and forgot to use it😳

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really want MAC's Dainty x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Bourjois chocolate bronzing powder! It's my favorite! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous collection and lovely photos! Love those Revlon lipsticks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You should open a online shopping cart site. Because you have so many products.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation i love it !!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Too Faced eyebrow kit looks great. I am looking for a good kit to help shape my eyebrows.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wet N Wild Comfort Zone Palette looks great. i love it ^^

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!