5 Mar 2014

Getting Ready For Autumn/Winter with Arbonne


I seriously cannot wrap my head around that it's Autumn already, like where the hell did Summer go?! I’m definitely not looking forward to the ghastly winds and heavy rain that is coming but it also means that snuggle-season is on it’s way – too cheesy? With the colder months charging in it also means that it is socially allowed to wear dark coloured makeup (although I personally believe it’s permitted 365 days a year) so you don’t get gawked and eyeballed at by every person you walked past. With that in mind, Arbonne  have provided some products that highlight the upcoming season filled with rich hues that invoke glamour and stylish intrigue.

For those who are unaware of Arbonne they are an organ/vegan company who offer a wide variety of products ranging from cosmetics, skincare and health care. Arbonne pride themselves on being parabens/phthalates free and not testing on animals – which is a win-win situation for me!

 photo P2262833_zps4e944dd5.jpg

I was recently provided with two products from their collection including an eyeshadow in Divine Plum* and a lip polish in the shade Raisin* which are both superb colours for Autumn. 

First let's start off with the packaging, similarly with other Arbonne products the packaging cannot be faulted. Not only does it look stylish and elegant it is also well crafted to be very user friendly. For example, the eyeshadow is a breeze to open - with just a click of the button the lid opens. One of my biggest pet peeves is when you have a eyeshadow/powder/blush that is impossible to open and you physically need to open it with two hands (and with force). As for the lip polish, it has a doe foot applicator which makes applying with precision simple. 

 photo P2262841_zpsdd9a79e1.jpg

Eyeshadow in Divine Plum RRP $27:

I will be honest with you, I was a little intimidated by the purple eyeshadow at first but after swatching and testing it out in a makeup look I was surprised to how much I liked it. The first thing I noticed about this Divine Plum is the soft, buttery smooth texture (similar to Urban Decay) it had. However, the second thing I noticed was the interesting scent it emitted. Now I wouldn't know where to begin on how to describe it but it's definitely not something you want smeared over your eyelids. Luckily for us, the smell does disappear after a couple minutes, but believe me it was a bit of a turn off. Other than that, I'm very impressed with the quality of this eyeshadow. The pigmentation was good (better when applied over a primer or base) and the longevity was even better. The eyeshadow didn't crease nor fade even with 7 hours of wear. However, what drew me to this eyeshadow the most was the colour. Divine Plum is seriously the perfect way to describe this shade - it is a beautiful plum/mauve with flecks of glitter (however the glitter is not very visible when applied on the lids) that compliments all eye colours. 

I will definitely be reaching for this eyeshadow whenever I feel the need to eyeshadow. 

 photo P2262834_zps2c683150.jpg
 photo P2262846_zpsb6e2800a.jpg

Lip Polish in Raisin RRP $37:

The description of this product provided on the Arbonne website states "luscious lip polish glides on silky smooth and delivers superior shine without the stickiness", and I couldn't agree more. I was a little disappointed to see that I had received to what appeared to be a lipgloss as lipglosses are one of my least favourite makeup items. The reason why I don't gravitate towards them is because they always seem to fade away within the first hour of application and they just make everything stick to your face at the most inconvenient moments. I was happily surprised however when I tested out Raisin and discovered that it wasn't sticky at all and the pigmentation was intense. I find that most lipglosses that do have more pigmentation come with more stickiness but this is definitely not the case when it comes to Arbonne Lip Polishes. Although, I wouldn't call Raisin a hybrid product (the fusion of a lipstick and lipgloss) it's quality is definitely comparable with the added bonus of it smelling like spearmint. Longevity wise it lasted 4 hours on me before it began to fade (although it did stain my lips a little) without drinking/eating. I only factor I can fault this product on is the price - $37 is pretty hefty for a lipgloss but I guess you get what you pay for in terms of quality, and if you look at it this way MAC Lip Glasses retail for $35 here in Australia and are smaller in size. 

 photo P2262843_zps875791a3.jpg

Overall, I'm thoroughly impressed with these Arbonne makeup products. This was the first time I had the opportunity testing out their cosmetics and I can assure you this definitely won't be the last. 

Let me know what your picks for the upcoming  Autumn/Winter season (or if you live in the Northern Hemisphere, what were your favourites) as I would love to add more products into my collection!



12 comments :

  1. oooh this look lovely!!

    www.duskdarling.com
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3931762

    ReplyDelete
  2. That eyeshadow looks divine!!
    And the lip polish is intriguing as well. I love the color!
    I've never heard of Arbonne before but I hope we get access to the brand soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That plum shade is beautiful - reminds me of what they were doing with eyes at the Burberry show recently - on point!!! T xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That eyeshadow shade is right up my alley. And that lippie is SO gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The gloss! Goodness, it's straight up gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my first time to hear about this brand but I am impressed with the colors especially the eyeshadow. I wanna try it for the shade is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOh, I love their Lip Polishes! And every shade looks so different on everyone.. this is super pretty! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, the gloss is absolutely marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never tried them. I use Nivea with SPF for my lips in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i've always been intrigued by argonne, i wish they had a store so you could go in and swatch their products first hand. have you tried their foundation and face primer yet?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great products with good pigment payoff! I really like the Eyeshadow in Divine Plum color.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!