29 Mar 2014

First Haul of the Year!

I've been on my best behaviour lately and have refrained from spending copious amounts of money on makeup. Despite being on my quest to save I simply could not resist a cheeky purchase from Cherry Culture when tempted with 40% off. As much as I like to save, it's also nice to treat yourself once in a while (unlike last year when it was every week) to a few guilty pleasures. So let's get started with my first proper makeup haul of the year!

 photo P3272965_zps9531c4cf.jpg
 The main reason why I caved in to the sale was the fact I've been lusting over the Beauty Blender for over a year. Every time Cherry Culture have a 40% off sale I always seem to find out late and therefore most of the items I want to purchase are already sold out. This time around I was determined not to be stuck in that situation again and quickly snapped up The Original Beauty Blender Double the Sponge pack. 

I'm very excited to give the Beauty Blender a try and see what everyone (and their mothers) have been raving about. On first impressions though, they were a little smaller in person than what I was expecting.

 photo P3272984_zps9e833415.jpg 

I didn't want to go totally overboard in this haul but I wanted to make the most of the 40% off - which is technically evens out the terrible shipping costs Cherry Culture have in place. So the next items I knew I had to get were the Miliani Baked Blushes. Every time I see these in the blogosphere/Instagram and I always fall in love with them. The shade range is impeccable and the packaging looks incredibly chic. I honestly couldn't decide which shades to pick from as they all looked marvelous. I ended up going with their most popular shades: Dolce Pink, Rose D'Oro & Fantastico Mauve.

 photo P3272969_zps73024540.jpg
 photo P3272975_zps529908ab.jpg

And last but not least I picked up two NYX Butter Lip Glosses in the shades Peaches & Cream and Red Velvet. I've loved every single lip product I've purchased from NYX so I knew this would also be a hit. I'm a little disappointed now with the shades I picked up, I wish I went for more plum/mauve shades instead of just a pink and red.  
  photo P3272977_zps286e3701.jpg

So that's the end of my haul - let me know if you would like to see reviews on any of the items above!






16 comments :

  1. Cute haul - good on you though for being more restrained with your spending. It's hard to resist from such a good sale though! Would love to read reviews on the blushes, everybody seems to love them! Also the beauty blender, I'm using Real Techniques' version which I'm thoroughly enjoying!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great haul! The Beauty Blender almost triples in size when you get it completely wet. I love mine! I wouldn't mind seeing a review on the Milani blushes. I love blushes as you can see if you go to my blog. I hope you or anyone else will come and join me in today's post: Beth and Beauty's Funday Friday Comment Tag!

    Beth/ BethandBeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found the Milani blushes to be beautiful, but very glittery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice haul! I really want to try everything you bought.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also wanted to get The Beauty Blender during that sale, but the shipping costs was ridiculous, and I didn't need anything else, so i skipped the sale.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pink , pink and more pink :X Pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great buys! I absolutely love those blushes and lip glosses. I own two blushes from milani but I really would love luminoso!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Milani blushes! I always go straight to them when I'm on Cherry Culture!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes make a review on the blushes! They look so pretty, especially the purple :)
    http://www.pissokrisso.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish I could easily get these products!

    https://www.bloglovin.com/obsessedwiththelittlethingsinlife

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've not yet tried a beauty blender either! I think it's fair to buy something on sale when you've been lusting after it for so long :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. awesome haul!! i have two of those milani blushes they're gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a great haul! The milani blushes look gorgeous:3

    ReplyDelete
  15. awesome haul.. i would love to try these products

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!