24 Feb 2014

NOTD: ZOYA Indigo

(Inconsistant) Manicure Mondays is back featuring ZOYA's Indigo. Last week was a pretty dreadful week when it came to weather. Although it's supposed to be Summer here in Australia, it honestly felt like Autumn had already begun, so to compliment the weather I decided to whip out a darker polish. 

I feel as though I'm becoming very lazy when it comes to changing my nail polish, as I used to change it probably at least twice a week (due to chipping/boredom). However, since starting my full time role I find myself being much more occupied and a lot less chipping occurring, therefore only changing my nail polish once a week. Which is a double edge sword when it comes to nail polish addicts such as myself who have massive amounts of nail polish that won't be used often, but it also means my nail polish will last much longer. But I digress. 

 photo P1272643_zpscef22cc4.jpg

The one thing that intrigued me about this nail polish is the stunning micro-glitter that can be seen in the bottle. Unfortunately, it doesn't transfer onto the nails which was a big disappointment in my books. ZOYA likes to describe it as "a dark indigo blue shimmer with a pinch of holographic microglitter. A dramatic polish that resembles the night sky" which I don't agree with at all. If anything it just looks like every other navy polish.

I do have a theory though, that if I didn't pile on the Seche Vite Top Coat that the micro-glitters would be more visible but I definitely need to test it out before giving it a green light. I've seen swatches from other bloggers and have noticed the glitter showing through so this might be a good theory. 

 photo P1272635_zpsb64dc3a3.jpg
 photo P1272638_zpsfdba9354.jpg

Like with other ZOYA polishes, Indigo was a dream to apply. It went on smoothly and didn't streak or bubble. Although this was supposed to be a cream finish, I found it to be very glossy which didn't affect me at all as I love glossy polishes. Longevity wise, Indigo lasted the entire week without chipping but it did lose it's colour slightly. 

 photo P1272639_zps38c73483.jpg
 photo P1272644_zps66ad1124.jpg

I can definitely see myself wearing this nail polish on a regular basis during the Autumn/Winter season. 


19 comments :

  1. That's such a gorgeous deep blue! The polish looks quite glittery in the bottle though... does that translate to your nails? :)

    x
    Phoebe
    Eat. Live. Love. Repeat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh this nail colour is absolutely beautiful! Think I need to come out of my neutral 'comfort zone' and embrace the indigo/blue love as it looks so chic with a monochrone outfit!! Love! T xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! Blue nail polish is one of my favourites to wear, this is something I would try to get my hands on here in the UK.
    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  4. great shade! so bold and fun! i'm your new follower, happy blogging! xo http://makeupmajesty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a gorgeous nail varnish!!! Such a pretty deep blue :) x

    http://evebaber.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. A good navy is perfect for Winter! So pretttty! I've never tried Zoya but you go on about it all the time and how good it is. DAMN. I want to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This colour is very pretty! Mysterious and very elegant, simply love it!

    恵美より ♥
    emi-doll.blogspot.jp

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I usually don't love blue polish, but this one is really pretty. I have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great deep blue color. Reminds me of a dark starry night.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!