2 Feb 2014

NOTD: Models Own Disco Mix

Are you in the mood to let loose and party? You will be when you wear this glittery Models Own nail polish in Disco Mix. Although I find glitter polishes are a massive hassle to remove, I simply cannot pass the chance to wear this stunner on the weekend (even if I'm sitting at home watching movies by myself). 

I picked Disco Mix (and Fuzzy Peach) whilst overseas in Thailand for about $10 each. 

 photo PA292028_zps121e5c7f.jpg


The polish is incredibly beautiful - it is the perfect mix of purple, turquoise and pink flecks. I'm wearing 3 coats in the pictures but you could get away with 2 thick coats. I've only ever worn this polish by itself, but I've heard through the grapevine that Disco Mix looks great layered over other polishes as well. 

 photo PA292040_zps687d7881.jpg
 photo PA292038_zps436e21e4.jpg

Consistency wise, I would give this polish a 4/5. I've used this polish on several different occasions now and I find that the more times I use it the gloopier and thicker the consistency becomes. I now have to literally close the bottle and shake it in between applications as it can become too difficult to apply. But other than that I have no complaints. 

Oh and it lasted 5 days (with Seche Vite) before any major chipping started. 

 photo PA292033_zps3faf38a6.jpg
 photo PA292031_zps4eda77ed.jpg

If you're looking for a fancy, feel-good glitter polish, then look no further than Models Own Disco Mix. I really want to try out more Models Own polishes, so if you're a massive Models Own fan please let me know what your favourite shades are!



9 comments :

  1. So darn pretty, although like you I despise removing glitter polishes! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, nice shade :)) i like this nail polish

    http://prettypurple92.weebly.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This polish is such a pretty shade! I really must try Models Own products.. I keep seeing good reviews about their polishes.

    Kimberley x

    www.kimberleysbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous little polish! I love that mixture of blues and pinks! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty polish :) It's similar to Finger Paint's "Movie In The Park" polish, I wear it all the time in summer! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Defs a feel good polish. It screams party! Don't think we have Model's Own readily available in Oz though, do we?

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOOOOH I love this :) what a great colour combination of glitter!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!