14 Jan 2014

Review: Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Lip Plumping Gloss in Yummy Plum

Soap and Glory have one of the most cleverly designed (and the most delicious smelling) products on the market at the moment. After testing out and loving most of their bath products, I decided to test out something from their makeup line - The Sexy Mother Pucker Lip Plumping Gloss. Oh and can we all just take a moment and appreciate the name of this product and every other product that S&G have produced. 

 photo P1092551_zpsfd28bb0e.jpg


The Sexy Mother Pucker Lip Glosses promises to enhance and plump up your lips to make you have the perfect pout using Lipswell (natural plant oil infusion) and Superfill (volume maxing microspheres). 

I wouldn't necessarily say that I need this product as I do somewhat have quite full (maybe more on the medium side) lips already, but there's no harm in trying, right? I've heard so many good things about this plumping lip gloss from one of my favourite YouTuber's Fleur DeForce - saying how amazing it works for her, which instantly made me want to test it out. So of course I decided to pick one up when I was in Thailand last year as it was slightly cheaper overseas than here in Australia. The shade I choose was Yummy Plum. 


 photo P1092553_zpscb419b04.jpg

Going in with high expectations was definitely a bad idea. I wouldn't say I was completely and utterly disappointed in this product, but it didn't wow me either. 

Within 30 seconds of applying I could feel the tingling sensation on my lips. At first the feeling was on just one side of my lips and then it eventually spread all over. I would say the 'buzzing' fades away 10-12 minutes later. If you hate that weird tingling feeling, then this is definitely not the product for you as it does get a little strong. 


 photo P1092556_zps05ef5d17.jpg
 photo P1092564_zpse1ec68a8.jpg

The gloss itself is on the thicker and stickier side of things. It is one of those lip glosses that makes your hair stick to your face even with the slightest breeze. Again, not as bad as other lip glosses, but still annoying when you think about it. With stickiness though, comes longer lasting wear. I found that I could visibly see (and feel) the gloss even after 2-3 hours or wear. 

 photo P1092557_zps43299649.jpg

The colour of this Sexy Mother Plucker Lip Glosses does make up for it's disadvantages so far - Yummy Plum is a natural red-beige shade (does that even make sense?). On me, you can't really tell that I'm wearing any colour of my lips, it simply looks like a clear gloss, or as I like to call it You-Lips-But-Better (or should I say Glossier). But on more fairer ladies I would say this may look more of a brown nude. 


The scent of this is also quite intriguing. I assumed that it would have a nice plum-like scent, but to my surprise it kind of smells like chocolate/gingerbread like. Either way, I do quite like the scent. 


 photo ScreenShot2014-01-11at100855AM_zps62341f63.png

So, now for the real question - does this lip plumping gloss really work? Well on the above left swatch is when I initially applied the gloss, whereas the picture on the right is 15 minutes later after the tingling had stopped. So, if you look at the lip swatches above you can't really see any difference, which brings me to the conclusion that this doesn't give every user any extra poutiness. 


So overall, I am disappointed that the product didn't create the perfect plump lips but I do like the colour and smell of the product. I wouldn't say I regret buying this but I doubt I will ever purchase anymore in the future. 

I would love to hear your thoughts on this product if you've tried this before! 





7 comments :

  1. I have tiny lips, so I wonder if this would work for me? I like the colour of yours x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have like... the most perfect shaped lips...
    Anyway, the tingling is so weird! I don't think I could put up with that. I saw this in the stores and I was skeptical as well, seemed too good to be true. Apparently it is. Shame!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, I really do not like the tingly feeling so I definitely won't be picking this up. Silly question maybe, but where on earth do you get this in Australia? I haven't seen it anywhere and I would die to get my hands on their highly raved about Hand Food!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a same! Lovely color, too bad it has lacks the quality. Products that induce, produce, that tingly sensation are actually not that healthy for the integrity or longevity of your skin. That includes lips! Don't want to age prematurely!!
    Carolyn | BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate those tingling feeling on face :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! I also love the name of it, cool! Love the color and the packaging. I have never tried this one but upon seeing it, I wanna give it a try.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!