8 Jan 2014

Review: NARS + Pierre Hardy Boys Don't Cry and Rotonde Blush

There's nothing I like more than blushes - especially if they're from NARS. If you saw my latest haul post you would have seen that I was lucky enough to pick up two limited edition Pierre Hardy blushes for only $19 down from $58 (I think). I've been drooling over these blushes ever since I saw them pop up on the blogosphere, but I knew I wasn't going to be able to get my hands on them as I couldn't justify spending over $50 for one blush. I legitimately couldn't believe my eyes when I saw them (the last ones as well) sitting on the sale table when I stopped by Myer on boxing day. As soon as I saw them I did not let them go and ran straight for the counter. 

 photo P1072530_zpsada26a5e.jpg
Now I don't know about you but I'm such a massive sucker for intricately designed products. If a product has engraved detailing I need to have it (and then stare at it for hours before I can actually swatch it). These limited edition Pierre Hardy blushes in Boys Don't Cry and Rotonde are quite bigger than the standard range of NARS blushes with the PH blushes being 13g and the standard range being 4.8g. That's almost 3x the amount of the regular blushes. 

 photo P1072536_zps2d05e62f.jpg
 photo P1072538_zpsffe326a6.jpg

Packaging on the other hand is exactly the same as their normal range expect for the added 'Pierre Hardy' added beneath the famous NARS logo. As always, the packaging is sleek and feels great with that somewhat velvety matte texture. The mirror inside is quite big (due to the larger size of the blush) and makes these blushes perfect for travelling. Only downside to the NARS packaging is the ease of finger prints/marks that are transferred onto the product, but it is quite easy to clean off.

 photo PC282511_zps71ad34ab.jpg
 photo PC282514_zps416be2bf.jpg
 photo PC282509_zpsc910c4c1.jpg

Rotonde is a medium-dark orange (which looks remarkably like the colour of Oompa Loompas from the original Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) which is described as a 'tiger lilly' shade. 

 photo PC282510_zps9f786e69.jpg

Boys Don't Cry is a stunning coral-red that is often described as a 'pink-grapfruit'. 

As you can see in the images both blushes have a beautiful golden shimmer indented into the product. The gold pattern is actually just an overspray (to make the blush look pretty obviously) and will eventually fade into a matte powder as both Boys Don't Cry and Rotonde are matte blushes. 

 photo P1072542_zpsf626be53.jpg

Boys Don't Cry and Rotonde are very, very bold shades are can look quite scary when swatched and in the pan, but with a very light hand and a little bit of blending both look absolutely perfect on the cheek. Blending is easy-peasy for both blushes as the powder is very finely milled. The wear for both blushes is also great, I was able to visibly notice both blushes after 8 hours of wear even during the hot, steaming weather. 

I was quite scared to wear Rotonde at first as I've never owned an orange blush (I usually stick to pinks/mauves) but I was surprised to see how well it complimented my tanned complexion. It certainly doesn't make you look like a oompa loompa, unless of course you cover your entire face with the blush.

 photo P1072545_zps8d48845a.jpg

Out of the two shades I do tend to reach for Boys Don't Cry more frequently, but that is purely out of habit - both blushes are equally matched. I will admit though, that I am glad to have waited to buy these blushes on sale as I don't think they are worth the hefty $58 price tag. Well, I don't think any blush is worth $58 but for $19 these are an absolute steal. If you can find them, I certainly recommend you purchasing them as they are a staple for any makeup lovers collection. 

Have you tried NARS limited edition blushes?


13 comments :

  1. I only have 2 blushes at the moment but the colour really doesn't last throughout the day, even with a primer... I just got a new primer yesterday for my birthday though so maybe that'll help! But, I'd like to look at getting maybe a nicer blush in the future (for work and stuff) so that's good to hear that the NARS ones would make a good candidate :)! They've officially been vouched for haha thanks!

    cachoojoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the designs! Very pretty colours for summer x x

    zoeblogsbeauty

    ReplyDelete
  3. The design is so pretty! And the orange blush looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything about these products is perfect! Of coarse I love the packaging but both the colours which the shimmer going through is so pretty. I'm glad the orange shade worked well on you, I'd love to see it on xxxx

    Verity | Life of Verity

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I didn't realise these were so HUGE! Even more of a better deal! So gorgeous! Though, I have the Coral Me In blush trio from BYS and the colours look pretty similar!

    Tashi // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The designs on the blush are SOOO CUTE!! I really want to get my hands on the Boys Don't Cry!! Are they still the same price as normal NARS blushes or do they cost a little more because they are a bit bigger? :)

    Melissa | Lemonmel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, wow. They are both REALLY gorgeous, especially the more pink one.

    RIKKI //
    http://rikkipoyntermakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. woaaahhh, they looks so prettyy, nice review :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great blushes! I have never owned an orange blush, maybe it's time to change some things...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your blog
    followed
    http://minimaysi.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so jealous! These babies are on my wishlist but not sure where I'll find them now! :(
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I so would've picked both up if I saw them for $19! Guess that's what I get for not making it to Myer on Boxing Day :p Oh well. The shades do look very bright and bold but I'm sure they could be toned down to be a little less intimidating on the cheek. NARS blushes are pretty much my favourite!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!