20 Jan 2014

NOTD: ZOYA Valerie

Hello Manicure Mondays - I have a quick post for you guys today as I've been too preoccupied lately to sit down and write a creative blog post. It was my 22nd birthday (I'm getting old) a couple of days ago and therefore I haven't had the chance to do anything else besides celebrate and relax (and sing Taylor Swift's 22 over and over again). 

Anyways, today's post will feature ZOYA's Valerie nail varnish. Unfortunately, due to the lighting and the use of excessive amounts of Seche Vite Top Coat you can't clearly see the true beauty of this polish. 


 photo PC152432_zpsda1d4ee0.jpg


ZOYA's Valerie is from the 2010 Fire and Ice Collection. If I was a nail polish colour, Valerie would be me. I mean, it's burgundy/purple, sparkly, has fuchsia and gold flecks of shimmer and is a duochrome- there's just nothing more beautiful. This is definitely one of the most unique shades I've seen in a while. 

 photo PC152438_zps647d032f.jpg
 photo PC152434_zps6a0814f9.jpg

The consistency of this polish is also spectacular. It's wasn't thick nor gloopy, it was actually on the thin side which is surprising as it does encompass many dense elements. Valerie only needed two coats to achieve full opacity. 

I mean, just look at the photo below and tell me you didn't just fall in love with a nail polish.


 photo PC152441_zps22c37ea9.jpg

 photo PC152436_zpsd98240c8.jpg

The only mistake I did make when sporting this lovely shade is sloshing on too much top coat, next time I will know better. With the Seche Vite Top Coat I was able to wear Valerie for 5 days without any wear or tear before I removed it and changed it to another colour. 


I strongly urge you to get your hands on this shade before they all disappear - your life will become better when you have this, ha. 

 photo IMG_1314_zps8bb72d7a.jpg


And to end this post, I also wanted to quickly sneak in a photo from my birthday the other day - the most adorable cupcakes from my bf's sister!


8 comments :

  1. Still gorgeous anyway!

    How do you find the longevity of Zoya? I've only ever used Essie, Chanel and Dior polish and sometimes they underwhelm me in terms of wear (except for Essie :)).

    x
    Phoebe
    www.eatliveloverepeat.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have a similar shade to this (Nicole by OPI Shoot for the Maroon) which I really like. I love these sorts of complex polishes with a number of different finishes within it. I would love to try some Zoya polishes - they have absolutely gorgeous shades!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love shades like this! the duo chrome in the first shot looks so perfect. i've never tried zoya polishes but i've heard so many good things about them. i'm glad i stumbled across your blog, it's adorable and i love your posts. am your newest follower now :)

    rachel x
    blush&brunch

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous colour! I love the really subtle shimmer it's got going on, so pretty! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO pretty! Maroooooooon makes me swoon. Happy birthday for the other day! 22?! Life's barely getting started!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shade! Really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never tried Zoya nail polishes before but this shade is absolutely stunning! The cupcakes your bf's sister gave you look so cute too :)

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!