12 Dec 2013

NOTD: ORLY Blue Collar

This is an extremely belated NOTD post but a couple of months ago when I picked up my little ORLY nail polish goodie bag from the Beauty and Spa Expo one of the shades included was Blue Collar. I'm not one to wear such a bold colour like this by itself so I decided to pair it with a Ruby Wing Colour Changing Nail Polish - not quite sure of the shade name as there's no name on it. 

 photo PB122092_zpsc78ff177.jpg

As much as I love the colour blue, I've only ever worn it a couple of times. I find that blue is a little too loud for my liking (and my personality) therefore often shy away and choose a pink instead. As you can tell from the photos of my manicure - blue is such a difficult shade to work with. It might also be due to the fact that I can't paint very well but either way you without a doubt will be able to see all the mistakes you've made when completing your manicure. I lasted one full day with this colour until I decided that I needed to change it as I just couldn't stop fixating on the mistakes! 

But enough ramble about my uninteresting problems and let's move onto the polish itself. Blue Collar is  a lovely sky blue creme which only took two coats to reach full opacity and it dried with a beautiful glossy finish. 

 photo PB122101_zpsebfa67c1.jpg

At first glance it reminded me of Sally Hansen's Blue Me Away and for a good reason - these two look almost the same! So if you you never get the chance to try out ORLY's Blue Collar just get your hands on Sally Hansen's Blue Me Away. 

 photo PB122099_zps00af4ceb.jpg
 photo PB122090_zps4ee38159.jpg

I'd love to know how you guys wear blue nail polishes as I just can't seem to figure out a way to wear them without looking horrible! So suggestions are very welcome! 


14 comments :

  1. I wear blue nail polish like you do ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say that it is a great experiment :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So natural and eye catching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone's been raving about Orly, I should definitely try get my hands on some. This blue is gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think it looks bad at all! You wear the colour really well :) I used to be fanatical about blue polishes (I find myself always drawn to them, especially baby blues) but lately I've been tiring of them. I think I prefer green for my unusual/'loud' colour. I love the glittery accent nail you did!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a lovely bright blue. I am so very afraid of blues (but I love my reds, haha) but you made this look gorgeous!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This color reminds me of... M&M!! hahaa am I the only one? :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always wear blue polish in spring and summer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so lovely! Great idea for the holidays :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the color! It doesn't look horrible, it looks fun and festive. The silver glitters gave a nice touch. I like it so much I'm going to copy this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the blue color here. It is so summery/spring. Also, that silver accent is so adorable!! I have a silver color like that from China Glaze, but after it dries the polish always peels off in one strip! It is crazy making, but I am definitely going to check out the brand you have featured here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Normally I don't like light blue nailcolors but this one is so so pretty!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!