21 Dec 2013

Lust Have It! December 2013

Another month, another Lust Have It! subscription box post. As always, I will start off by explaining who LHI are: they are an Australian beauty subscription box (similar to the likes of Glossy Box) where you receive 5-7 samples that are supposedly valued up to $60 for only $19.95 a month. You can also get $5 off your first box if you use the code DUGONG making the box only $14.95! 

I'm going to make this post quick and snappy this time as I don't have many complaints about this months box, so without further ado..

 photo PC192444_zpsc1b1f730.jpg
The theme of this months box is (predictably) none other than celebrating the festive season. I was hoping to receive maybe a bright red lipstick, as the description card (that I forgot to photograph, whoops) has two girls with stunning red lips, but unfortunately that wasn't the case. On a very positive note, I received my LHI box quite early in the month which I wasn't expecting at all. But any who here are the products I received:


  • Maybelline New York Dream Fresh BB Cream in Medium Full size - RRP $15.95
  • Maybelline New York Dream Pure BB Cream in Medium Sample Satchel 1ml - RRP $15.95 for 30ml
  • Pelactiv Hydrating Cream Cleanser 30ml - RRP $43 for 150ml
  • Uriage Aquaprecis Refreshing Gel Cream 15ml - RRP $49.95 for 40ml
  • SunSense Anti-Aging Face SPF 30+ Full Size - RRP $20.95
  • Clairol Visible Repair Intensive Mask 30ml - RRP $13.95 for 200ml 

I would have loved to received the Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream in full size instead of the Fresh BB Cream as I already own the Fresh BB Cream and it doesn't flatter my oily complexion whereas I've heard the Pure BB Cream is suited for oily girls. But I guess a sample of it is better than nothing! 

 photo PC192450_zps9593a4dd.jpg
 photo PC192452_zps41b62745.jpg

Overall, this months box isn't terrible but I'm not overjoyed either. I feel as though every month I'm receiving the same mediocre products just from different brands. So after 20 long months of subscribing to Lust Have It! I have come to the decision to unsubscribe. I am in no way discouraging others from subscribing, but coming from a person who has makeup and beauty products to last 3 lifetimes, I definitely do not need to be paying for extra samples every month. 

So if you're starting out in the beauty world or just want a way to test out new products, then subscription boxes are definitely the way to go. 



7 comments :

  1. I am curious how this Maybelline BB Cream works :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So am I, I had planned to buy it some time ago, but I never did ;)

      Delete
    2. I tried it in a sample, loved it so much, planned to buy it long ago but never did either.... it was a pleasant surprise to see it in my LHI box ^_^

      Delete
  2. I'm happy with the skincare side of things, but I also agree with where you're coming from regarding the same brands, different boxes thing.

    http://temporaryprincess.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow 20 months is such a long time! I can see why you would grow weary of it after a while - theres only so many samples a girl can have. I did enjoy the box but I'm new to the beauty box scene and I'm also easily impressed haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just remember that it's the summer in your country :(

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!