18 Nov 2013

Empties #8

Yay, I've finally collected enough rubbish to compile another empties post! I can't believe this is my 8th empties post and yet I feel as though I will never, ever get through any actual cosmetics products I own. This is without a doubt due to the fact that I buy 3 makeup products to replace the 1 product I actually finished. But hey, we're all human and have uncontrollable desires to spend our money on crap we don't need, right? 

Anywoo I won't bore you with my drabble, onto the empties post!


 photo PB152179_zps0f753daa.jpg

Surprisingly enough I have a mixture of everything in this empties post - I was hoping to use up more haircare products but I just couldn't hold out any longer as my empties pile was overflowing. At least the next empties post will be much more intriguing for all you hair lovers out there. 

 photo PB152181_zps561ed343.jpg


Moroccan Oil - Hydrating Styling Cream

If you're a long term reader of this blog you will already know how much I love this product. It has saved my hair in so many ways - I truly believe that if I didn't start using this I would have only 5 strands of hair on my head left. Thank you Moroccan Oil, thank you. Not only does it hydrate the ends of my hair it makes it silky smooth and less frizzy. 
Would I repurchase? Yes, until the end of time. 

Batiste -  Dy Shampoo in Cherry

I used to be obsessed with the Batiste Dry Shampoo in Blush but after using this scent I am totally converted. Both scents have the same amazing effect on the hair but Cherry smells 100x times better than Blush. 
Would I repurchase? Yes, yes, yes. 

Klorane - Dry Shampoo 

I did enjoy using this dry shampoo very much but I don't think it works as well as the Batiste range. The Klorane dry shampoo doesn't give you an annoying white cast on your hair but I feel as though it doesn't soak up as much oil in the roots either. So it does have pros and cons.
Would I repurchase? If it was on sale, yes. 

 photo PB152184_zps6f975afe.jpg


Michael Todd True Organics - Citrus Cream Moisturiser 

Again, if you've been reading my blog for awhile you know I have a crazy cat lady obsession with this moisturiser, minus the cats. It smells great, it moisturises like a dream, it sinks into the skin quickly, it just makes me skin look 10x better than it used to. Oh and I hardly ever break out now since using this product (and other Michael Todd products). You seriously need to give this product or any other MT products I try if you haven't already!
Would I repurchase? Yes, a thousand times yes. 

Natio - Paw Paw Lip Balm 

This one is not actually an 'empties' product but one I'm simply throwing away as I have no use for it. I wouldn't say this is a bad lip balm, but it isn't the greatest either. I have tonnes of lip balms in my collection that work more effectively than this lip balm and time and time again I will choose others over this one. So it's just simple time to say goodbye. 
Would I repurchase? No. 

L'Oreal Base Magique Primer (sample)

I initially had doubts about this primer as the first time I used it, it was so difficult to rub into the skin. The consistency isn't very smooth and soft so you really need to buff it into the skin when using it. But I found that although it is a bitch to put on it actually works pretty well. I wouldn't say it is the best primer I've used but definitely one to consider if you're looking for a new primer to try out. 
Would I repurchase? Maybe, if it was on sale. 

QV Face - Revitalising Eye Cream 

Another favourite of mine that constantly makes appearances in my empties post is the this glorious eye cream. Although this is a 'cheap' product I find that it works best for the skin around my eyes. As much as I try to venture out and try new products I always return to this one. That must mean something, right?
Would I repurchase? We already know the answer is yes. 

 photo PB152183_zpsb9967958.jpg


Garnier - Miracle Skin Perfecting BB Cream for Oily/Combo skin types in Medium 

This has got to be one of the best base (Foundation/BB Cream/Tinted Moisturiser etc) product I've used. It works amazingly at controlling my oily complexion whilst also giving it medium coverage. I did a blog post about this product (almost a year ago now!) and it can be found here if you want further details. 
Would I repurchase? I already have!

MUA (Make Up Academy) - Glitter Eyeliner in 4, 5, 7 & 8

More products I haven't used up but decided to get rid of are these glitter eyeliners. They were nothing that I was expecting and since buying I haven't used them at all. So I think it's time these guys end up in the rubbish tip. 
Would I repurchase? No. 

Rimmel - Extra WOW Lash Mascara 

This mascara actually surprised me. I didn't think I would like this mascara at all as it didn't look or sound mind-blowing. I was also a little hesitant due to the large brush applicator but after using it (and getting use to the brush tip) it worked better than I thought it would. It lengthened and gave volume quite well but it did make my lashes clump a little. Also, it had a tendency to smudge as well. So overall it was an ok mascara, Would I repurchase? I probably won't repurchase again because there are far better mascara's out there. 

Lancôme - Hypnose Star Mascara (Sample) 

And another one of those far better mascaras is this one. I was devastated when this sample mascara ended because I loved using it so much. I had no problems with it at all and it made my lashes look 100x times than what they usually do. The only problem with this product is the price tag. I don't know if I will ever be able to justify spending $52AUD (yes that's right it costs $52 AUD in Myer or David Jones) on one mascara. I'd rather buy a relatively good mascara from the drugstore for $13, such as the falsies by Maybelline. 
Would I repurchase? Maybe, if it was on sale or I suddenly become a millionaire. 

Maybelline - Master Shape Brow Pencil in Deep Brown

This is my current favourite eye brow product and I can see myself using this product for a very long time. Unlike other brow pencils I've tested this one blends like a dream and isn't too harsh for everyday wear. I feel as though other brow pencils make it extremely obvious that you drew your eyebrows on but this one doesn't have that effect at all (well in my eyes anyways). The colour, Deep Brown, is also quite nice and blends well with my almost black asian eyebrows. (Random side note: I hate when girls who have black or very dark brown hair fill in their eyebrows with red-toned brow pencils!!). But in all seriousness, this is a really good quality and affordable brow product. 
Would I repurchase? Yes, yes, yes! 

 photo PB152187_zps661d84a3.jpg

Lush - Twilight Shower Gel

First of all, I have a confession to make, this Twilight shower gel was from LAST YEARS halloween range. Yes, that's right I've had this tiny bottle of shower gel for a year now. This was one of those products that I just could not finish up because I wanted to prolong it's lifetime. The smell was incredible and using it was just amazing - you truly felt like you were being pampered when using this. Unfortunately, I did miss out on picking it up this year, so now I have will have to wait another whole year until it comes out again! 
Would I repurchase? Yes.

Molton Brown - Patchouli & Saffron Body Wash (Sample)

Another fabulous shower gel. The smell was divine and the product lathered up amazingly. I was also quite sad to see that I had finished up this product. Unfortunately though Molten Brown products are a little on the pricey side and there are a lot of cheaper alternatives in the drugstore so I'm quite torn with this product. 
Would I repurchase? Yes, if it was on sale. 

Soap & Glory - Flake Away

Can someone say Hallelujah! Soap and Glory never seen to disappoint when it comes to anything body/face related. This was such an amazing scrub - not only does it remove dead skin cells, it actually moisturises the skin as well. After using Flake Away my skin feels soft and silky smooth as if I had already moisturised my skin when I actually haven't. You guys definitely need to give this a try if you haven't already! The smell alone with make you want to buy it. 
Would I repurchase? YES!

Garnier - Invisible Deodorant 

This was an average deodorant. I don't usually use spray deodorants as I feel they don't work as well as roll-on/stick deodorants but this one held up. I actually used this during my Thailand trip because this was the only travel sized deodorant I had but hey at least it worked it's magic over there. 
Would I repurchase? Probably not as I prefer stick deodorants. 

Seche Vite - Dry Fast Top Coat

Again, another holy grail product of mine. I think we all know how amazing this product this. It makes your nails dry insanely fast, like superman fast, and it makes your nails shine beautifully. This is just a win-win top coat in my books. 
Would I repurchase? I already have!

Ardelle - Lash Grip Eyelash Adhesive 

This is one of my favourite last glues I have tried (the other one being DUO). It's easy to apply, it dries fast and makes the false eyelashes stay on all day (even if you've been crying). I've tested out a lot of eye lash glues before but this is the one I always return to. 
Would I repruchase? Yes. 

 photo PB152189_zps3bd30631.jpg


2x Face Of Australia - Purifying Cleansing Wipes 

The best cheap and effective makeup remover wipes I've used. It makes removing your makeup so quick and easy it incredible. The only downside I do have with this wipes is that if you're too rough around the eye area if will make your eyes sting for a couple of seconds but overall these are my favouriteeeeee makeup remover wipes!
Would I repurchase? I've stocked up on these and have about 5 back ups!

Australis - 3 in 1 Make Up Wipes

In my opinion these are definitely not up to par with their Australian counterparts. I find these to be very dry and therefore really hard to remove any make up at all. I feel as though I'm using sandpaper on my face to remove makeup when I use these. Being a fool I bought 5 packets of these before trying them out and so I'm forced to use them all up otherwise I will just be wasting my money. So to use them all up I've been pairing these wipes with makeup remover solutions (Mary Kay Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover etc) to actually use up all these wipes. 
Would I repurchase? No. 

Scandal - Hydration Soothing Booster in Aloe + Collagen 

I bought these on a whim at the Sydney Spa and Beauty Expo this year as I don't have that many facial masks in my collection. I didn't notice a big difference when I used this but my skin did feel extra smooth and soft. I didn't feel as though it felt tighter or firmer so the collagen component of this mask doesn't really work but the other claims are true. 
Would I repurchase? Probably not as I would like to venture out and try new brands. 

I hope you enjoyed this empties post. Let me know if you've tried any of these products out and how you got on with them!



9 comments :

  1. You've so many empties! Shame the MUA glitters didn't work for you! And how awful that you bought 5 packets of those Australis wipes!? Be careful not to hurt your face with them!

    ♥ Leanne | Leanne Marie | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you actually finish all of these ???
    wow!!! I cant empty a single cosmetic :(


    Get..Set..Blush!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great work using all these! I love the Molten Brown, but yeah, too expensive for something that washes down the drain :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO many goodies! I want to try Moroccan Oil after I use up my Macadamia Oil, have you ever compared these? Or used argan oil?! Too many oils, so little time! Love the Soap & Glory flake away, all-time fave.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow. so many stuffs! OMG I really want to try Seche Vite :'(

    Bella / everythingaboutbella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Urgh finally someone who agrees with me on the Australis face wipes.. I did not really like them but everyone else seems to love them!
    And wooooow so many empties! I love Twilight as well (and I also had a bottle from last year, woops. Ended up buying another one this year though!)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg nice post!
    I'm still have a full cosmetics, the empties always face wash. XD

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh nice amount of empties! I have that Michael Todd moisturizer in a sample size & alternate it with others but I would definitely buy it full size! I want to try that Maybelline eyebrow pencil now! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. i really wanna try that moroccan oil too! sadly itsnot avaibale at where i live :/
    x

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!