29 Oct 2013

Lust Have It! October 2013

I'm a little late on this month's post of Lust Have It! having received it early last week. But props for me for post it up before the month has ended, right? Anyways, for those who have no idea who or what LHI! is here's a little run down: LHI! is a beauty subscription box where you receive 5-6 samples that are supposedly valued up to $60 for only $19.95 a month. I also currently have a discount code for you all where you can redeem $5 off your first box if you use the code - DUGONG 

 photo PA232012_zps139f1e52.jpg


With all the hype of the Melbourne Cup Races this month it's no surprise that LHI! have decided to theme this month's box with all the goodies you would need to look your best during these shenanigans. I was actually kind of hoping for a box more themed towards the like of halloween, but I guess us Aussies aren't as celebratory of halloween like Americans. 

 photo PA232015_zpsf12bf659.jpg

Onto the products inside the box:


  • Le Tan Wash Off in Bronze - 40g (RRP $19.95 for 100ml)
  • Princesse Skincare Hyaluronic Acid Mask - Full size (RRP $25)
  • Smitten Whipped Tinted Mousse Moisturiser in Cappuccino (RRP $25)
  • Inika Mineral Eyeshadow in Lemon Cream - Full size (RRP $25)
  • Paula's Choice Oil Blotting Paper (RRP$10.50)
  • Evo Ritual Salvation Care Shampoo and Conditioner - 50ml (RRP $25 each for 300ml)


 photo PA232020_zpsab8a159c.jpg

Apart from the samples, LHI! have provided their subscribers with some flyers/discount codes. Luckily this month these flyers were included for extra perks - I detest when some beauty boxes include these pamphlets and call them 'samples'. Considering half the time they are flyers for products not even remotely close to the theme of the box or anything to do with beauty. 

 photo PA232018_zps9aecb3d8.jpg
 photo PA232025_zps7863afb7.jpg

Although this isn't what I could categorise as a stand out box, I do think it's one of the better boxes I've received from LHI! recently. I can foresee myself using most these products and not chucking them into my continuous growing samples pile. The only product I don't think I will get any use out of is the Le Tan Bronzer, only because I'm wayyyyy too tanned already and don't need the help of a fake bronzer. 

I'm quite interested to test out the Smitten Cosmetics Whipped Mousse Foundation as 1. I've never tried that brand before and 2. I love my Revlon Whipped Foundation so fingers crossed it will have the same effect. The colour does look slightly too light for me, but nothing like a good MAC Skinfinish can't fix. 

 photo PA232026_zps0889bad5.jpg

Another product that has caught my eye is the Ininka Mineral Eyeshadow. I haven't had the opportunity to try any Inika products so this will be a great way to finally experience the quality of their products. Not to mention the colour of this eyeshadow is stunning. 

 photo PA232024_zpsb482eef4.jpg

Overall, I am content with this month's Lust Have It! box. Oh and I forgot to mention I adore the revamp of the boxes - I was getting a little sick and tired of looking same box every month considering the colour of the boxes weren't very contrasting. 

Let's hope LHI! are able to keep the good boxes coming. 



9 comments :

  1. Looks like some nice products! Funny, I was thinking that the wash off tan sounded good! But then I can be pasty white :P The foundation sounds interesting! And the Inika eyeshadow is gorgeous, I'd love to know what you think! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been impressed with every box I've seen this month! can't wait to get mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://meforless.blogspot.com.au/ that all looks so fab cool items

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a pretty good box! I'm liking this month's LHI.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recieved the same items as you this month and was super impressed! Love the inclusion of brands Ive never tried before and its great value!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many products! and the box is super pretty XD

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!