7 Sep 2013

Empties #7

Time for another empties post - but this time I have incorporated quite a few products that I have been meaning to discard for a while now, whether it be due to old age or just because I never use it. Either way here are all the things I'm getting rid of this month!

 photo Fotor0907202514_zpsadd05ca4.jpg


Sadly I actually don't have that many actual empty/used up products for this post. I thought I would have much, much more but I guess my lack of empty products have been prompted by my consistency changing routine. The not so slow transition of Winter to Spring has been upon us Australians, so I've been trying to find the best method of wearing makeup so I can keep the oily complexion monsters at bay. Hopefully my next empties post will include many more products, but here's what I have for now:

 photo P9040634_zps17ebdaad.jpg

An overload of makeup remover wipes -

Australis 3-in-1 Make Up Remover Wipes: I've mentioned these a couple of times in previous empties posts and my thoughts are still the same. I find these to be lacking in moisture and therefore it lacks the ability to remove my makeup thoroughly. I like to use these with my Maybelline makeup remover to strengthen its makeup removing abilities. Would I repurchase? Unfortunately no. But I still have quite a few packets to go through as I bulk bought these whilst on sale and BEFORE trying them out. 

Face Of Australia Purifying Cleansing Wipes: These are my favourite makeup wipes at the moment. Not only are they dirt cheap (I usually buy them when they're on sale for $1.50) and they remove most of my makeup like a dream. They don't sting my eye or leave an annoying slimey residue. You definitely need to try these out if you're in Australia. Would I repurchase? Yes, yes, yes. 

 photo P9040636_zpsf649e69c.jpg

Essence Stay Natural Concealer: I'm actually quite surprised how much I liked this concealer. Although it is quite a natural/light coverage concealer (as the name suggests) but it blended easily and didn't crease. This is a secret weapon and a steal for only $3.50. Would I repurchase? Yes!

Max Factor Xperience Volumising Mascara: This was an okay mascara in my books. It did add volume to my lashes and separated them beautifully, but I found that it didn't hold the curl for too long and it would be prone to smudging on warmer days. It also dried up very quickly which was disappointing. Would I repurchase? Probably not. 

NUDE By Nature 24 Hour Anti-Aging Moisturiser: First and foremost, I felt very pleased with myself for using up this somewhat big tub of moisturiser. I mean, what a great accomplishment, right? Anyways, I did enjoy using this moisturiser but it made my face look so, so, so greasy. I would have to wait at least 10 mins for it settle in before I start to put on makeup. As for it's anti-aging claims I didn't really notice anything. Would I repurchase? No. 

Michael Todd Jojoba Charcoal Facial Scrub: I really enjoyed using this scrub. I was a little put off with the disctinct smell but after a while I started to be fond of it. One thing I really liked about this scrub is that it removes and exfoliates but isn't abrasive at all. I could use this scrub everyday and not feel as though I was scrubbing layers and layers off my face. Also it was a dark purple colour and made my face purple - a clear winner in my books, ha. Would I repurchase? Yes. 

Benefit Porefessional Sample: I've been through countless of these and if you've read my blog before you will already know how much I love this product. It smooths and fills in pores to give you the flattest surface to apply your makeup on. I also think it helps to keep my oiliness at bay and makes my makeup last longer in my t-zone area. Would I repurchase? You already know the answer is yes. 

Oceanessence Skincare18k Gold Anti-Aging Eye Cream: This was an ok eye cream. I didn't notice any dramatic differences except for the fact that the cream would turn into a golden shimmer around my eyes once it had fully dried. I was definitely not expecting that, luckily I noticed it before walking around without any makeup on in public! Would I repurchase? Probably not. 

The following products are the ones I've decided to throw away. I won't be going through all the reasons why I didn't enjoy using them but just know that most of these are quite old due to the fact I didn't like them and therefore never used them. Or I simply just forgot about them and they have now expired. Nevertheless all these products are hitting the dumpster ASAP. 

 photo P9040638_zps546e291a.jpg

Mostly face and eye products:

  • Sheercover Nourishing Moisturiser with SPF 15
  • Vine Moisture Lip Balm (I actually liked this but accidently fell on a public restroom floor - definitely not putting that on my lips ever again)
  • Mirenesse 24 Hour Concealer (unfortunately this was the wrong shade for me)
  • Australis Perfection Brush-On Foundation
  • Sheercover Lip-To-Lid Highlighter in Broze
  • Maybelline Super Stay 24 hour Concealer
  • Models Prefer Jet Black Mascara (rubbish, absolutely rubbish)
  • Napoleon Perdis Peep Show Mascara (the brush is massive, so every time I would use this I would end up having mascara all around my eye. I ended up putting it in the back of my collection and forgot about and now it's way past it's due date)
  • Savoir Faire Concealer Sample Kit (used the shades closest to my complexion and left the rest)

 photo P9040641_zps5477a5d4.jpg
Lip products:

  • Silk Oil Of Morocco Lipgloss in Ruby
  • Model Co lipgloss in Strip Tease (I hate lip glosses, enough said)
  • Australis Perfection Brush On Lip and Cheek Tint in Portrait Pink and Renaissance Red 


I hope you've enjoyed this short and (hopefully) sweet post. Let me know if you've tried any of these products before and what you think about them! 


19 comments :

  1. Nice empties! I'll have to try the FOA wipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember trying out the porefessional ages ago and really disliking it but it was soooo long ago that I'm thinking I need to try it again! It's good hearing some positives about that MT scrub too! I'm dying to try it out but I really need to get through some skincare first haha.

    Sarah | More Than Adored

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice :)

    http://ourbittersweetaddiction.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm obsessed with the Michael Todd scrub! I had the same travel size and absolutely loved it! great post! xo Kelly http://chicnstylishblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know if you like this idea, but with those makeup remover wipes that didn't work well on my face - I pack one in my handbag so when I go out I can clean my hands if stuck in a "sticky" situation lol :)
    I have the Model Co lip gloss - it wasn't my favourite haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. need to try the FOA face wipes :))
    need to try michael todd skincare line, everyone seems to love it !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post! I think i should really try out the FOA wipes!! such a bargain

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool post, reminded me of my impending empties post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. they're so many! great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know how bloggers get to empties. Been blogging for 9 months now and have... about 5. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice post! Would like to try Benefit Porefessional.

    ReplyDelete
  12. look at those wipes! Im slow at using wipes, every time I use them I feel the need to wash my face with cleanser again ><

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have Australian friends and after your review i want to try the Purifying Cleansing Wipes :D Thanks a lot! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice post! I never try those products >.<
    Because its hard to find in my country. except max factor & benefit

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have just downloaded iStripper, so I can have the hottest virtual strippers on my desktop.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!