7 Aug 2013

The Beauty Blogger Tag

I've been so busy lately I just can't find a spare moment to write a blog post! I'm pretty much working everyday and interning two days a week as well, so it's been pretty full on. Fortunately I was able to squeeze in a quick tag post this morning! 

 photo Untitled_zps14b9a34c.jpg


1. Is your hair naturally curly or straight?
My hair is naturally straight with a slight wave to it. Which is annoying as it means I will always need to style my hair in the morning. 

2. What is your natural hair color?
It comes as no shock - my natural hair colour is black. 

3. Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon?
I usually dye it myself as salon prices are unbelievable, but the last time I dyed my hair was at the Salon. 

4. How often do you wash your hair?
On most days (especially during the Summer time) my hair looks like I've lathered grease into my hair, so I NEED to wash it every night - dry Shampoo is just not enough for my hair. However, I do have the odd occasion where I wash my hair every second night. 

5. Do you wear the same style every day or change it?
Everyday is a straight hair day! I cannot be bothered to curl it or do something fancy with it in the mornings. If I'm going out on a special occasion I may curl it though!

6. Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a salon?
I do my own! As I don't see the point of paying someone else to paint your nails for you when you're perfectly capable of doing it yourself. Unless you're getting Acrylics/infills that is. 

7. How often to you change your nail polish?
I change my nail polish was too often, probably 2-3 times a week!

8. Do you polish your toes in the winter, too or just in the summer?
I usually polish them all year round, but since I've been wearing nail polish on my toes for so long I've decided to give them a little breather during this winter.

9. How long does it take to put on your makeup?
Honestly, probably 30-40 mins. Bad I know, but in my defence I'm usually watching YouTube whilst I'm doing my makeup so I do get a little distracted. Also, I hate rushing, I love taking my time and doing everything right. 

10. What do you do first? Face or eyes?
I always do my face first, whether it's a natural everyday look or a going out/night time look. 

11. Do you "collect" makeup or just buy what you need when you need it?
As with every make-up lover, I'm a collector. But I've been trying to stop this habit! 

12. How often do you wear false eyelashes?
Way too often. I can't live without my false eyelashes. 

13. Do you do a full face of makeup every day?
Depends on what you mean by full face. I wear pretty much everything, except eyeshadow and eyeliner, on a day-to-day basis. 

14. Do you wear makeup when you are home alone (or with family)?
Never, unless I was already wearing make-up during the day.

15. Will you leave the house without makeup?
If I desperately had to I would, but I usually don't. I never really feel 'completed' unless I have my face on. 

16. How many high end products do you have?
Well that depends on what you classify as 'high-end'. I have a couple of 'high-end' lipsticks and other lip products. But I really want to get my hands on some high-end blushes/foundations!

17. How often do you wash your makeup brushes?
I don't wash them as regularly as I should, but I try to wash them at least once every two months. 

18. Do you plan your OOTD every night or decide when you are getting dressed?
I usually only decide when I'm getting dressed but if it's for a special occasion then I will plan the night before. 

19. How often do you change your handbag?
I use to change my handbag everyday but since I've got my Louis Vuitton Neverfull Tote I never, ever change it! It's such a beautiful bag and it fits everything!

20. What time do you get up & go to sleep?
Depends on what I'm doing, but I usually wake up at between 6:00-6:30am and sleep around 11:00pm. 

21. How often & when do you workout?
Haha, I have never in my life worked out. I guess this reflects how unhealthy I am. 

22. Left-handed or Right-handed?
I'm right handed.

23. How tall are you?
I'm 163cm! 

24. Do you speak a foreign language?
I can speak very, very broken Cantonese (Chinese).

25. How many pets do you have?
At the moment, none.

26. How often are you on Blogger?
I usually check my Blogger Dashboard at least once a day, but lately I never have enough time to go through all my favourite blogs and read their posts! 

27. Do you read the comments posted blogs?
I LOVE READING THE COMMENTS POSTED ON BLOGS! I love finding out how much you have in common with other bloggers and it's quite interesting to see read their opinion! 

28. Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other posts?
If I kept a list of products I wanted to try from seeing other blogs, it would be 20 pages too long. 

29. How did you come up with your blog name?
I actually have no idea, I guess I just came up with it as it would be something I would do with makeup products - see it, love it, swatch it. 

30. What kind of camera do you use for photographs?
Olympus E-450

31. How often do you clean your house? (Daily, weekly, other)
I still live at home, so my mum usually cleans the house! But I do try and keep my room neat and tidy. 

32. What is your favorite color?
Green or purple!

33. What is your favorite beauty/fashion magazine?
I hardly read magazines, but if I had to choose one it would be Nylon. 

34. Do you swear?
Unfortunately, almost all the time.

35. What are you doing with the rest of your day?
Working! I have work everyday until next Saturday, not this coming Saturday but the one after! :'( Yay 10 more days of work...not. 


I hope you've found this blog post interesting. I feel so bad that I haven't had the chance to blog/review products properly as of late, but I've been so, so, so busy. I will try and write more blog posts (hopefully I can draft/finish at least 3) this coming weekend! I would love to see all your responses as well, so feel free to do this tag! 


15 comments :

  1. I know exactly what you mean with having a full-on working life. Only started last week, and I'm already in need of a holiday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! 30-40 minutes for make up?! WOW!! I don't think I've ever taken that long to get ready for anything, LOL! Is that every day?! I wish I could speak a second language, I think any one who can speak more than one language is awesome. Respect!
    I feel you girl, I've been working so much and haven't had a chance to update or read blogs! It's so frustrating! Good luck for work with the next ten days, hope your mind & your body are coping x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, can I do this tag too. I am new to beauty-blogging?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to wash my hair everyday too otherwise I feel it gets too greasy! Great tag...i may have to borrow this idea someday

    PS: New La Mav skincare pack giveaway on the blog, hope you enter: http://www.underlockandkeyblog.com/2013/08/la-mav-review-and-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did the tag :)

    I think majority of people I know and blogs I follow are the "collectors" of makeup haha!

    xx



    http://ms-jelena.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post.. feel like I 'know' you a little better than I did :) I'll keep this Tag in mind next time I'm all blogged-out

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! I think I will have to do a blogging tag, I've only done YouTube tags so far :)

    Kate Xx
    themintedbeauty.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've nominated you for the liebster award! Here's the post link: http://tinyurl.com/lb4t7dj =]

    ReplyDelete
  9. I completely understand! It's so hard to keep up with blogging and general life haha! This is a great tag though! I may have to do it myself xx

    jasminecara.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun tag, I always like getting to know the person behind the blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love learning some things about you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you very much for sharing things about you xoxo We concur on some hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice TAG, thanks for the infos of yourself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome tag! Loved learning all these new things about you (:

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!