21 Aug 2013

Guilty Purchases and Surprise Winnings

A couple of weeks ago I told myself that I would refrain from buying any makeup products unless I desperately needed something (not likely considering my hoarder tendencies). This last a solid 3-4 weeks (which I'm very, very impressed with) but when I saw that Maybelline was 50% at Priceline I just had to cave in. This then lead to a trip to David Jones and more guilty purchases - so I thought I would do a little haul for you today as I know you all love reading haul posts! I have also added in a few prizes I was lucky enough to win from the lovely Sarah (More Than Adored). 

 photo P8170500_zps4470905a.jpg


Let's get the prizes out of the way - Sarah from More Than Adored (you must check out her blog if you haven't already - it's fun, informative and she's just an allover beautiful person!) was currently holding a Physicians Formula giveaway on her blog and surprise, surprise I was winner. The prizes include The Super BB Cream, the Super BB Powder and the Super BB Concealer. I seriously cannot wait to give these products I a try, I've heard mixed reviews about these products but hopefully they work well with my oily complexion. 

Unfortunately the Super BB Powder did break during shipping, but hopefully I can just use some pure alcohol to fix it up.  

 photo P8170501_zps3debdab9.jpg

Next we have my mini Priceline haul - Maybelline was 50% off so no explanation needed here. I actually ended up going to Priceline 3 different times as I would 'forget' to buy something and therefore desperately needed to go back and get whilst the sale was still on. Oh and when I say 'forget' I mean go home and google what other relatively good Maybelline products I need to have in my life, ha. On my first trip I picked up the Instant Age Rewind Concealer (finally I bought the right one!) and two Color Whispers in Pink Possibilities and Oh La Lilac. 

 photo P8170505_zps12c6a3e8.jpg

The reason for my second trip to Priceline was because I was harmlessly looking at reviews on the Anastasia Brow Whiz and saw that quite a few people had compared it to the Maybelline Master Shape Brow Pencil. One blogger even proclaimed that the two are so similar the only difference is that Maybelline's brow pencil is a fraction of the price - needless to say I rushed over to Priceline to pick it up. I also used my $3.99 coupon/cashback rewards and being half price at $5.74 I only paid $1.75! Such a great bargain. 

My third trip was initiated due to how much I impressed with the Master Shape Brow Pencil. I thought I might as well go back and buy another while it's still half price. In addition to this I saw they had one last Inked In Pink Color Tattoo so I decided to snatch that up as well. Oh Priceline why do you do this to me?

 photo P8210575_zps8fc5a08a.jpg

After my first trip to Priceline I ended up at David Jones browsing through the cosmetics section. I remembered seeing a few posts about the David Jones Deluxe Sampler Tote so I wanted to suss it out for myself. After seeing what a great deal it was I decided I should it get it. Stupid of me though I read the pricing wrong and thought it was 'spend $19.95 and get the Sampler Tote for free' when in reality the deal is 'buy any full price beauty product and get the Sampler Tote for $19.95'. So because I thought I had to spend $19.95 I picked up an OPI polish in I Theodora You, but at the cash register my items scanned up as $39.90 and that's when I realised it said the actual deal. Because I didn't want to seem cheap and reluctant I attempted to play it cool by saying 'oh this is such a great deal', but I did feel a little disappointed it was a free with purchase deal. 

 photo P8170506_zps41bdb66c.jpg

Anyways the products in the Sampler Tote include: Circa Home Natural Wax Candle (60g), OPI Nail Lacquer (3.75ml), Dermalogica Precleanse (30ml), SK-II Facial Treatment Essence (30ml), Billie Goat Soap Lip Balm (15ml), Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Day Lotion (7g), Molten Brown Toko Yuzu Bath and Shower Gel (30ml), Elixia Firming Toning Body Lotion (20gml), Roger and Gallet Soap (25g), David Jones Beauty Natural Regeneration Day Cream (30ml) and David Jones Beauty Deeply Purify Facial Cleanser (30ml).

 photo P8170508_zps5c936ea6.jpg

So that's all I picked up recently, I do feel as though another haul post is coming up as I will be attending the Sydney International Spa and Beauty Expo this weekend (Sunday & Monday). Let's hope I don't go crazy and spend yet another $300 like I did last year at IMATS - whoops. Please let me know if you will be attending the Expo, I would love to meet a few other Sydney beauty bloggers out there!


34 comments :

  1. im lusting to buy everything in the 3rd photo, oh Dawn the things you do to me! hahahaha

    Carla Cee

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG 50% off... amazing! I just ended my spending ban too -- 3.5 weeks was all I could take!! Great haul! xo Kelly http://chicnstylishblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that sampler tote looks heavenly! Reviews please :3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice hauls :) I actually restrained myself and didn't give in to the 50% off maybelline sale, so wishing I'd nabbed some more colour tattoos but I know the same deal will be on again one day! I love that you pretended you knew you had to pay for the tote.. looks like a nice assortment of goodies though and I do love the OPI you purchased :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooo lucky you on winning the physicians formula pack from sarah! would love to hear your thoughts on the bb & concealer :)
    wishing we resides in sydney atm to attend that expo; would love to meet you :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha! "I didn't want to seem cheap so I said what a great deal!" LOL!! But wow, the products in the sampler bag is amazing for only $19.95! Congratulations on winning the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't restrain myself with Maybelline sale - I went back for seconds (and maybe thirds) :D

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome haul! I bought the instant age rewind concealer too but I got a defective one that can't twist... but I'm too lazy to return it so I'll just open it each time haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. the colour whispers are my current favourites at the moment, loving them. Very moisturising and the colours are very cute and wearable xx

    www.voguevandal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing deal for the maybelline stuff! And too bad about that BB powder. I've heard good things about that powder, not so much on the BB cream itself, and 50-50 on that BB concealer :)
    xx,
    FMWL

    ReplyDelete
  11. You just made me want to head to Priceline again. Is the sample tote still available at David Jones? Looks like a good deal!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice Maybelline haul! I went to get the DJ's goodie bag too but I got the wrong one after a bad service experience and didn't want to exchange it with the same lady there =( So I guess I'll just have to buy something else heehee =)
    xxx Kat

    ReplyDelete
  13. i really found this platform very perfect for starting any business from America for outsourcing...you really find a perfect way to post the business and get the perfect peoples.
    Estetik

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing such useful information. The information provided is very very niche and this information is not available so easily.
    dance costume

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great haul! I always have to go to the stores when they have 50% off, it's just a habbit of me haha! I'm very curious about the 2 eyebrow products, I've wanted to try Maybeline's hazel eyebrow pencil but didn't knew if the price was worth it. And wow you've got some great samples in there!

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow, you got so many awesome products! JEALOUS! I've heard so many great things about SK II and Dermalogica, I badly want to try them. Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer is darn amazing too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely haul! I really need a new brow pencil, too bad the Maybelline one is like 9€ here. Also I've been dying to try the Oh La Lilac color whisper, I love my Rose of Attraction and Mocha Muse ones soso much. (:

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooooh you have some lovely lovely products there! I like the look of those Maybelline lipsticks and eyeshadow :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. The sampler tote actually looks very interesting :3 especially the SK-II essence :p

    Bella / everythingaboutbella

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice haul! Nothing to feel guilty about ~ we need out make up indulgences!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my, such a nice haul. I wish that Maybelline brow pencil was available here.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! Im jealous! Thanks for posting and sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Omg I thought the exact same about the DJs sampler tote- I read the wrong thing but I didn't end up getting it! It sounded like it would be free with a purchase of $19.95! What a shame though, but at least the sampler items weren't a waste! I really want to try the SK-II Essence that has been so popular!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow Stuuning haul! Have beautiful products. I <3 Maybelline. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  25. The BB products look very interesting, can't wait to hear how you like them!

    ReplyDelete
  26. The BB products look very interesting, can't wait to hear how you like them!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great haul! So many awesome products!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Maybelline Whispers Lipstick! Really want to try that (:

    ReplyDelete
  29. The colour whispers look so gorgeous! Wish we had them in the UK. Great haul! x

    ReplyDelete
  30. that was such a great splurge lol. curious about the super BB products, can you use them in the end? how was it?

    ReplyDelete
  31. Aw..I'm super jealous right now :D The Super BB's are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!