21 Jul 2013

Empties #6

As my 'empties' pile started to overfill I realised it was finally time to do an empties post. I've been trying my hardest to use up more make-up items, but it just never seems to happen for me. I've hit pan on quite a few powders and I'm coming close to squeezing out the last drops of a few tube foundations, but it's always never ending. It's as if the first 80% of the product disappears but the last 20% is able to last forever. Am I the only one who feels this way or does this happen to you as well? Anyways enough rambling, let's get onto the empties. 

 photo P7100243_zpsb8b6a58e.jpg

De Lorenzo Rejuven8 Treatment: I received this product a while back in a beauty subscription box. I think it's taken me a long time to use this product up as I didn't really see any dramatic results from using it, thus it would always hide in the back of my shower hanger. The smell of this product was a little off putting and the product itself made my hair feel really dry and waxy after use. At first I thought I was using it wrong, but after reading the instructions 10 times over I realised it wasn't me, it was just the treatment. 

Bastiste Dry Shampoo in Blush: I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I love this dry shampoo. I've repurchased it over and over again. My only pet peeve I have with this particular one is that it leaves a white substance in your hair. I really should try the one designed for brunette hair but it always slips my mind and I end up buying this one instead. This is definitely a really affordable and effective dry shampoo. 

Australis See Ya Later Nail Polish Remover: My only motive for buying this nail polish remover was because it was on special for $2 or so during a sale. However, after using up the whole bottle I'm actually really impressed with the quality. It removes nail polish really easily (especially glitter polishes!) and doesn't leave a slimy/sticky substance on your skin afterwards. I actually ended up buying a second bottle during the same sale after I used it for the first time!

Australis Make Up Finishing Spritz: There have been quite a few Aussie beauty enthusiasts who were raving about the Australis Finishing Spritz, who also compared this spray to the likes of the Urban Decay All Nighter Spray. I've always been quite interested in trying the UD setting spray, therefore I immediately jumped onto the opportunity to test out the Australis version. Now I can't compare it to the UD one or any other setting sprays as this is the first I've tried, but I do really like it. I have noticed that it makes my make-up last much better throughout the day and it also helps to smooth out and calm down my make-up to make it look more flawless/natural and not cakey. I have already picked up another bottle!

 photo P7100246_zpsdffdbc3c.jpg

Bioré Release Steam Activated Cleanser: This was a lovely cleanser to use. It smelt amazing, made my skin feel fresh and look more radiant. Not to mention the lovely tingly feeling it had on my skin when you washed the product off. Overall I really liked this cleanser but I probably won't be repurchasing it for a while as I want to experiment with a few other skin products. 

Palmer's Cocoa Buttler Formula Daily Facial Moisturiser: Ugh, this smelt so, so, so good. If you've ever used any Palmer's products before you will definitely know what I mean. The smell alone is enough to make you want to buy this product, ha! This was also a pretty good moisturiser. I did notice a few breakouts when I first started to use this product, but my skin adjusted and ended up loving this moisturiser. It wasn't too oily nor did it make me look oiler than usual. It was quite thick in consistency but it was able to soak into the skin quickly and didn't leave my skin feeling slimy. I will definitely consider repurchasing this in the future. 

Bioré Deep Cleansing Pore Strips: These are the one and only pore strips I use. They are affordable and efficient. If you haven't tested these pore strips out before, I definitely recommend that you do. I've actually been using these for years, and I bet there's plenty more to come. 

Michael Todd Citrus Cream Moisturiser: If you saw my Colours Of The Rainbow Tag you will already know about my secret love affair I have with this moisturiser. This is by far one of the best moisturiser I've used and I am desperately waiting until I have saved enough money to make a massive haul from the Michael Todd website! 

 photo P7100248_zpse95f1b27.jpg


Korres Provitamin B5 & rice bran mascara: I had doubts whether or not I would like this mascara, purely based on the fact that I hated the brush wand. Liking smaller and more rounded applicators for mascara, the Korres one was the complete opposite. It was fairly large and in a triangle shape. After giving it a few tries, I ended up getting use to the mascara wand and actually liking the product itself. It wasn't was volumising or lengthening as other mascara's I've used but it wasn't one of the worst I've tried either. Luckily I only paid $10 for this mascara along with 4 eyeshadows. 

Maybelline Dream Matte Powder: As with most beauty lovers out there, I really enjoy using the Dream Matte Powder. I believe this is my 3rd one that I've finished. Although, as you can see from the photo I have completely finished all the powder. After having it for more than a year I've decided it is past it's lifetime and therefore it's time to put it to rest. I will probably pick up another Dream Matte Powder in the future but it won't be for quite a long time as I have quite a few more powders to get through. 

Estee Lauder Resilience Lift Firming/Sculpting Eye Cream: I'm not quite sure how I feel about this eye cream. I didn't notice any results at all from the sample I received in a beauty subscription box. But I guess results would be a more noticeable from using this product over a long period of time. This is one of the reasons why I hate subscription boxes giving out a sample sizes of face/body skincare or shampoo/conditioners. You can never truly tell how a product will work on you until you've used it for a reasonable amount of time! End rant. 

EOS Lip Balm in Strawberry Sorbet: I really liked using this lip balm even though it took me so long to finish. It smelt wonderful and was very moisturising. This definitely doesn't compare to my beloved Carmex Lip Balm for extra fast hydration, but it did help give a little moisture back into my lips for Autumn and the first half of winer. I have quite a few more flavours (I think I have about 5 more in my 'backups' draw) so I won't be repurchasing anytime soon, but when I run out I definitely will be. 

QV Revitalising Eye Cream: I've used up quite a few of these since beginning my empties posts. Therefore I won't bore you with all the details, but I'll just say this is by far one of my favourite eye creams. Nothing so far has compared to this one in relation to hydration and what not. 

 photo P7100254_zps9b7f5ec5.jpg

Garnier Clean Detox Cleansing Wipes: These were great cleansing wipes. They removed make-up so well and leave my skin feeling absolutely refreshed and revitalised. The only downside to these wipes is that they do sting your eyes a little when you're trying to remove your mascara/other eye make-up. So I did have to be extra careful and make sure I wasn't rubbing too hard. These cleansing wipes were also a little on the pricier side at $8. I think anything over the price of $6 is expensive for 20-25 cleansing wipes, I guess it's the asian in me coming out ha. 

Australis 3-In-1 Wipes: Being on the other end of the pricey side these Australis wipes were only $2 when I got them! However, I guess I got what I paid for as these wipes were terrible. This is the third packet I've used up and it was exactly the same as the first two. The wipes were extremely dry to the point that it felt like I was rubbing sand paper onto my face. I ended up having to use the wipes with a Maybelline make-up remover solution so I could actually use them and not waste my money. I really wished I tried out these wipes before I bought about 6 packets, because now I have to use them all up. 

 photo P7100250_zps7c7bf1e7.jpg

So those are all the empties I have. I did do a little cleaning/re-organising of my make-up 'vanity' and I do have quite a few products that I'm going to throw away but I might that save for the next empties post! On a side note, I'm pretty sure I haven't bought anything make-up related in about two weeks now! I'm very proud of myself haha. Hopefully I can keep this up until October! 


What have you used up lately?


16 comments :

  1. I'm using the Biore Steam Activated Cleanser right now (occasionally, I rotate with other cleansers I have) and I do like it better than other Biore cleaners I've tried. Really a fan of the mintiness! I have opened up my Palmer's daily moisturiser but haven't been using it as much recently, preferring my Trilogy, but I did like it the times I have used it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, this is a ton of products to finish! I gotta try the Dream Matte powder for myself sometime. I'm still trying to get through another Maybelline powder right now! Haha. I wish they sold Baptiste in the states..I've never tried a dry shampoo yet, but I really want to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the same with foundation! I feel as though I'm always nearly finished them but never finish them haha I'm surprised about the Australis nail remover, I've never picked it up because I thought it would be no good haha.

    Sarah
    morethanadored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been looking for a really effective eyecream and i think you just sold me with the QV one. Definitely going to try that out :)

    http://allthings-makeup.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, you managed to finish an eos? I've been using it for 6 months already yet it still look 80% full >_<~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Australis Make Up Finishing Spritz is awesome! Apart from foundations and a few other Australis products, I don't think I've ever hit pan on anything!!

    xx


    http://ms-jelena.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. those pore strips are the best! xx

    www.voguevandal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel like I'm not using the Australis finishing spray properly - it just doesn't seem to set my makeup the way others do... must keep trying! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow so many empties! So many things added to my wishlist too, thanks! :P
    A shame about those Australis wipes! Use them for swatch clean up! :P
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh many good products! I've been wanting to try Batiste for a while now, I have the one dry shampoo but doesn't seem to be good :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't ever go wrong with a bit of dry shampoo!

      www.victoria-emma.blogspot.co.uk

      Vickyy

      XO

      Delete
  11. I'm in love with everything from Michael Todd too! Have you tried their charcoal scrub? http://chicnstylishblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Australis Make Up Finishing Spritz is awesome! I had opportunity to try it and love it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many products empties.
    I love to MNY Dream Matte Powder. Make my face smooth as baby XD

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!