16 Jun 2013

Review: Jeunesse's Luminesce Essential Body Renewal

Unfortunately, those who live in the southern hemisphere (such as myself) are currently battling the cold war I like to call Winter. With Winter comes freezing nights and of course the inevitable dry skin scenario. Although my face is oily throughout all seasons, this does not translate to the rest of my body. My skin (especially legs) look like the Sahara Desert when rolls around. This is mostly due to the weather but also partly due to my laziness of thinking I don't need to moisturise because people won't be seeing my bare skin. 

Luckily for me I have found a reason to combat my laziness by trying out a new body moisturiser - The Luminesce Essential Body Renewal


 photo P5309708_zpsc25c5adc.jpg



The Luminesce™ Essential Body Renewal claims to:


Delivers the ultimate in deep hydration. This exclusive body lotion has been specially formatted with optimal ingredients under the expertise of world-renowned dermatologist Dr. Nathan Newman to help boost collagen formation, improve skin elasticity and protect against the signs of premature ageing. It’s your go-to product for nourishing your skin in Winter, particularly in rough and dry areas, without clogging your pores.


Benefits include:


  • Offers long-lasting antioxidant protection and helps combat photo-ageing
  • Helps naturally maintain and restore a softer, smoother, more youthful skin texture
  • Reconditions thirsty skin by stimulating microcirculation and accelerating the natural rejuvenation process
  • Soothes and rehydrates dry skin
  • Helps delay the appearance of the ageing process
  • Helps visibly rejuvenate dry, damaged skin by reducing flaking and locking in moisture and nutrients
  • Naturally lubricates your skin’s surface, giving your skin a softer, smoother appearance.

 photo P5309711_zpsc5a1b073.jpg

When I first received this product I thought to myself - 'this must be one heck of a moisturiser to be worth $60' - $65.95 to be exact. After reading the little description of the product, as well as the ingredients and benefits, it was starting to become quite clear as to why it product would put a dent in your wallet. 


So now that we know what it claims to do and what goes into it, how does it match up?


 photo P5309717_zps197f6fc3.jpg


Appearance wise this packaging is slick and sophisticated. I will admit, it did take me a few minutes to realise that the product is dispersed through the metal cap and therefore doesn't need to be removed. I did attempt to force the 'lid' off, but obviously that wasn't going to happen. 


The lotion itself is quite thin in consistency and has a slight fragrant scent. I do quite like the way it smells (I won't try and describe the scent as I know I will get it terribly wrong), it's not too overpowering and fades away within 10 minutes or so. As this lotion is quite thin, it makes applying a breeze. You only need the smallest amount to cover a large surface area and sinks into the skin almost instantly. There is no sticky residue left on your skin, all you can feel is your silky smooth skin. 


Just imagine the softest and smoothest skin you've ever felt in your life - that's what your skin feels like after using this. Before using this moisturiser I had a few noticeable dry patches on my legs, but after a few applications they completely faded away. One aspect I love about this lotion is that, I don't need to use it everyday to have soft, hydrated skin.  I find that I can use this once every three days and still not look like the Sahara Desert. 


So although this lotion is on the pricier side, if you're looking for a way to rejuvenate and lock in moisture to your skin, or maybe just a nice gift to your mother/sister/friend then look no further than this lotion. Sometimes it's nice to treat yourself (or someone else) to something special and this is definitely the way to go! 


Don't forget to check out other products from the Luminesce Collection by Jeunesse on their website


*This product was kindly sent to me for consideration, however this has not affected my opinion in anyway. This is my 100% honest opinion.*




25 comments :

  1. This sounds great, I was given the opportunity to try this too, and I hope I get good results too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds lovely! Wow, I really like the ingenious method of dispensing the product.
    Would love to try the product one day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, this looks pretty amazing, would love to try this out too =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice review..definitely wanna give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks promising.
    I will definitely give this a try!
    ♡,
    Riza of Pour L'Instant

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome! And while I love a good moisturiser, can't say I'd be willing to fork out $70!

    http://talisbury.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this moisturizer, so effective!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dry skin would appreciate it in every season/period...;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. sounds really amazing! looks like a great moisturiser and yes the packaging is really sleek and polished :)

    NEW POST: www.chriissydollxo.com
    Let's connect at GFC and BLOGLOVIN'
    Love lots and Lotsa kisses! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was sent a facial moisturiser by them and it is really nice too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds amazing - glad to see works well for you!

    junniku.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  12. I use this product regularly and so does my mum. Happy for anyone interested to contact me at angelng68@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I definitely to get this, wow!

    usagimon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks like a lovely product :) Also there's a giveaway on my blog at the moment that I'm running with Clearasil and the prize is a $500 experience of your choice! I really hope you enter, not many people have so you have an awesome chance of winning :) http://goo.gl/QLYTg

    ReplyDelete
  15. sounds great i would love to try :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. If I ever find an extra 67 dollars in my budget, I'm so going for this product. I really need a reliable moisturizer during the winter days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Replies
    1. Hello.. You can get it for 20% less if you sign up as preferred customer..

      Here's my website:

      www.aced.jeunesseglobal.com

      Delete
  18. Love all the jeunesse products youth enhancement system.. Get 20% off of all the products if you sign up as a preferred customer!

    Visit this website!

    www.aced.jeunesseglobal.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. The whole product range is amazing,the first time I tried the serum in the range I put it on a bad burn I had on my hand and In 6 hours the blisters were gone and the burn was just a pink mark, I have no scar at all, amazing products worth every penny, quality that works on a cellular level, I have worked In beauty for 25 years and I haven't seen anything that works this quick ever, the whole range has sold me and yes you even save by being a preferred customer check out this link, have look at the videos and see science and beauty combined with health products that work on the inside as well watch your transformation,see your lines vanish mine did. www.renewyouto.jeunesseglobal.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. This serum is really for you if you have skin conditions that have worsen over time. But in my experience, taking the am/pm nutrition complex helps improve skin even better because it makes me sleep more profoundly and when I wake up my skin feels well rested.
    I buy online from
    lululive.jeunesseglobal.com
    And they give up to a 40 percent discount to anyone who creates an account

    ReplyDelete
  21. This serum is really for you if you have skin conditions that have worsen over time. But in my experience, taking the am/pm nutrition complex helps improve skin even better because it makes me sleep more profoundly and when I wake up my skin feels well rested.
    I buy online from
    lululive.jeunesseglobal.com
    And they give up to a 40 percent discount to anyone who creates an account

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really enjoyed reading this post you provided here for readers. I can relate a lot to this industry because I use to work with a Network Marketing company called Wealth Generators. Wealth Generators was the first business I ever worked with, i'm sure not a lot of people heard about Wealth Generators Lifestyle but Wealth Generators Compensation Plan is one heck of a comp plan if you ever looked at it. Anyways thanks for showing me this post.

    Warm regards,
    Laura Arango
    Wealth Generators LLC

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really enjoyed reading this post you provided here for readers. I can relate a lot to this industry because I use to work with a Network Marketing company called Wealth Generators. Wealth Generators was the first business I ever worked with, i'm sure not a lot of people heard about Wealth Generators Lifestyle but Wealth Generators Compensation Plan is one heck of a comp plan if you ever looked at it. Anyways thanks for showing me this post.

    Warm regards,
    Laura Arango
    Wealth Generators LLC

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!