28 Jun 2013

Lust Have It! June 2013

I'm a little belated with this post as I received my monthly LHI! Subscription box about week ago, just before my last exam and all the celebratory shindigs began. But of course I cannot miss out on my monthly post where I share my thoughts about the products included, so therefore it's better late than never! 

 photo P6229978_zps9413e397.jpg
As you can see from the description card below, this month's box focused on celebrating all things Gatsby (The Great Gatsby) inspired. I did take a few sneak peaks at a few other bloggers blog posts about their June Box so I wasn't utterly surprised to see the products inside. 

I mean, when you think of Great Gatsby and the 1920's you immediately picture vampy lips, seductive lashes, flawless skin, smokey eyes and stylish bobs. However the products in this month's box didn't really translate into the theme. Although you can see the connection of where LHI! are trying to convey, they didn't really succeed in delivering a 1920's/Gatsby inspired box.

 photo P6229984_zps35162d08.jpg
 photo P6229981_zps728d3ca1.jpg

Products included in this month's box are:

  • Rachel K Mineral Colour Control CC Cream (4 Sample Satchels) - RRP $39 50ml 
  • Batiste Dry Shampoo in Cherry (50m Travel Size) - RRP $9.95 200ml
  • Pure Fiji Hydrating Body Lotion in Coconut (Sample Size) - RRP $29.95 354ml
  • Real Purity Natural Lipstick in Romantic Red (Sample Size) - RRP US$15
  • Crown Brush Disposable Lip Brush
  • Dr. Lewinn's Foaming Cleanser (30ml Sample Size) - RRP $29.95 200ml
  • Dr. Lewinn's LSC Hydrating Day Cream (20g Sample Size) - RRP $69.95 30g

 photo P6229991_zpsb67abfea.jpg

Ahh another month, another dry shampoo sample. I'm not going to lie, I'm actually glad I to see this product in this month's box. I'm a big dry shampoo lover, so these travel size bottles are perfect for me as I like touching up my hair throughout the day. They fit perfectly in your bag and just utterly convenient. I know a lot of other subscribers have been complaining about receiving yet another bottle of dry shampoo bottle but I guess LHI can't please everybody. I do admit, I would like to see some new and exciting products but receiving products I know I can rely are pretty good too. 

 photo P6229992_zpsd08566f0.jpg

The Dr. Lewinn's products have also caught my eye in this month's Lust Have It!, especially that Hydrating Day Cream. The full size 30g product retails for $69.95 and I received a 20g sample - I think that's a pretty good deal. I haven't had the chance to test out any Dr. Lewinn's products as of yet and I have heard good things about the brand, so I'm quite excited to give these samples a go.

 photo P6229993_zpsc56debd9.jpg

Oh and I also love Pure Fiji products, particularly their moisturisers. I did stock up on some last year when I went for a holiday to Fiji but I'm running low now so this came at quite a convenient time for me. 

 photo P6229995_zps5bec99cd.jpg

So overall this was an average box for me. Despite having a few intriguing products, nothing really stood out and made me squeal with joy. The lipstick sample and disposable brush were 'meh' products and none of the products really screamed Gatsby inspired. 

I really hope LHI pick up their game next month and deliver an amazing, out of this world box because recently I've been contemplating whether or not I should keep on subscribing. 


What did you think about this month's box?


14 comments :

  1. I don't really see how these products = Gatsby related/inspired. ;n; Oh well!
    The hydrating body lotion looks nice, though~ n__n

    Junniku blog [Click!]
    - A Korean fashion, beauty and lifestyle blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was happy with my box, but like you said, nothing wowed me. I also like getting the dry shampoo as I go through it like mad! I was a little sad not to receive the Dr Lewinn's goodies in my box but I got OPI Nail Wraps instead, which I liked!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does seem like a pretty underwhelming box, disappointing. :[ I do like the Batiste dry shampoos, they work pretty well.
    <3 Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like that! :D

    http://ourbittersweetaddiction.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know alot of people were really unhappy with this box. I'm glad I'm no longer subscribed!

    Sarah
    morethanadored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo never seem this box before! Need to check it out. Loving the blog by the way found you on bloglovin' :)

    Sara -x-
    www.sezastar.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Atleast the colored box is good for storing makeup products! Maybe you can do a giveaway of products you dont like but have only swatched? Your readers would love them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it was a disappointing box, but when I showed the box to friend/people who are not subscribed, they thought it was a nice box. I would've loved some dr lewinn products in mine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would have loved to have received the Dr LeWinn's in my box this month instead of the repetitive samples I did get.

    Jac x0x

    matillysthisnthat.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a shame, so many people were unhappy with this month's box!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Never saw this box before...would love to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The box is ok, let's hope the will send you something new and exciting next time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Dr. Lewinn's products sounds pretty interesting! ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha, they tried so hard to make it Gatsby relevant from the little blurb but ... no. I agree, the contents of the box didn't translate the theme at all. It just seems like a grab for whatever's getting buzz at the moment, which is the movie.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!