10 May 2013

NOTD: OPI Polka.com & Essie Nice Is Nice

I've been lusting over OPI's Polka.com ever since I saw the preview of the 2013 Euro Centrale Collection. It is a clear jelly formula with large teal, purple and fuchsia hexagon shaped glitter and tiny purple micro glitters. I found that the larger glitters won't disperse evenly across the nail, therefore you will find yourself having to place them where you want. 

 photo P4169245_zps1e34d41f.jpg


Polka.com is a truly versatile glitter topcoat - I can see myself spicing up any manicure, whether it be darks or pastels, with this! You could wear it by itself, but you'd probably need about 5 coats to get your whole nail covered. Oh and you will probably be kicking yourself when you try to remove it.

Oh and trust me these photos definitely do not do Polka.com any justice what so ever. It is much more sparkly and captivating in real life!

 photo P4169238_zps42d85b86.jpg
 photo P4169240_zps47fd8d0a.jpg

I opted to go with Essie's Nice Is Nice for my first Polka.com manicure. I really liked this colour combination, however, I find that it looked too ..cutesy(?) for my liking. Having pastel nails is pretty girly enough but adding a sparkling glitter topcoat is just a bit too much. I think next time I will try pairing this glitter topcoat with a dark/vampy colour. 

 photo P4169223_zpsc1d6a7a7.jpg
 photo P4169230_zps183b8d2e.jpg

What do you think of the OPI's Polka.com? 


25 comments :

  1. Wow, that is a gorgeous glitter polish. I bet it would look even more fabulous over a blue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks gorgeous! I love that shade of purple, even if it does make it a bit cutesy haha
    http://cofcorals.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your nails look great! Love the combination. Polka.com has been on my wish list for quite some time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this looks fantastic! I'm loving glitters at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have Nice is Nice and been wanting Polka.com since I saw it on The Mod Mermaid x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks gorgeous!!! I love my glitter polishes... just wish they weren't so hard to remove x

    ReplyDelete
  7. very pretty combination! reminds me of lollies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOve this combo! it looks so pretty.

    jess xx
    dotofdaisy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a gorgeous glitter, the two polishes seem to work really well together x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw love the combination of the two, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Polka.com is such a cute name!
    Really like the combo of those two colors, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was just looking at this earlier, so gorgeous! I'd love to see how it looks with a darker base colour! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the essie color! Your combo is adorable but I'm not a big fan of large glitter pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the color! Its so perfect for spring/summer!

    ReplyDelete
  15. pretty pretty design!^_~

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm a huge sucker for OPI glitters but I've managed to say no to this one! :p I think I'm going through a glitter overload right now, especially with the new FOA Glitterati polishes hehe (which I know you and I have been going through quite the journey with!). It's very girly with the pale lilac and I'm sure it would be more dramatic and "evening" with a dark base colour!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ahh its so amazing <3
    Check out my new post!
    Love,
    Khanak Mehta
    www.keepingupwithkhanak.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE it. <3
    Check out my new post!
    Love,
    Khanak Mehta
    www.keepingupwithkhanak.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your nails look so pretty! I love the combination you've used though I think I would pair it with black haha.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Dawn, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute! Gorgeous combo!

    http://joyjoiiplus.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  22. OOOOOOH SO PRETTY!! You can never have enough glitter!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. OOOOOOH SO PRETTY!! You can never have enough glitter!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yayy I love the combination!! What a beautiful nail art! :D

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!