8 Apr 2013

Review/Empties #4

If you read in one of my previous blog posts you would know that I had an enormous amount of samples I needed to get through, and so the sample finishing escapade begins. I didn't succeed in finishing a lot of samples in the last two weeks but it's a start!

 photo P4049142_zpsa7ffc9cb.jpg



I'm hoping to finish all (well most) of my samples by the end of month so I can start using some new goodies that I've sneakily purchased over the last couple of months. Maybe I should post a haul as well? Let me know if you would like to see a haul! 

Moving onto the empties - these are the products I've used up since my last empties post!

 photo P4049144_zps9d66e3de.jpg

GKMBJ Soothing and Nourishing Shampoo 30g and GKMBL Soothing Honey Moisturising Conditioner 30g
I found both the shampoo and conditioner to be quite different from other shampoo brands I've tried. This duo made my hair feel heavy and look slightly lifeless. Now I don't know if I received a crap sample or not but I didn't really like it. Maybe it's due to all the moisturising ingredients that are in the conditioner but either way definitely not a winner in my books. The smell however reminded me of the shampoos and conditions hairdressers usually use. Would I repurchase? Probably not. 

Klorane Oat Milk Shampoo 25mL
Unlike the GKMBJ shampoo the Klorane shampoo made my hair feel extra clean. I cannot really comment on anything else though because I only had the chance to use it once! I left this tiny sample in the shower and my sister ended up finishing the bottle! Would I repurchase? Maybe, if I found it on sale. I would like to see how it would affect my hair in the long run.

 photo P4049145_zpscbe88f12.jpg

Lush Ro's Argan Body Conditioner 45g
I had a very up and down relationship with this product. At first I absolutely hated it - the smell, the consistency everything was a turn off - but of course I was using it wrong. The first time I tried this in the shower I absolutely fell in love! It made my skin feel extremely moisturised, silky smooth and soft. I felt as though I didn't need to moisturise for a whole week after using it! The smell was a little unpleasant but not as terrible as when I was using it out of the shower. Would I repurchase? Definitely! The only thing that sucks is the price! $29.95!

Soap and Glory Clean On Me Shower Gel 75ml
If you read my 'Pampering Delights' post then you need no explanation for this product. This is without a doubt one of my favourite shower gels. Oh and for all of my Australian readers who don't know where to pick up S&G products - they're available at Kit Cosmetics! Would I repurchase? Yes, a thousand times yes. 

 photo P4049146_zpsf3d4ffd2.jpg

Batiste Blush Dry Shampoo 30g
Another product that needs no explanation. I think every person knows how well Batiste Dry Shampoo works. This is a staple in my life. Would I repurchase? Over and over and over again.

Rexona Clear Aqua Anti-Persperant Deodorant 50ml
I'm not an expert deodorant guru but this one worked quite for me plus it had a very lovely scent. I used to hate roll on deodorants but I think this one has made me convert. I find that it works more efficiently than spray on deodorant and more convenient for travelling. Would I repurchase? Yes!

Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat 14ml
Hands down the best top coat in the entire universe. Dries impeccably fast, makes your nail polish look beautifully glossy and makes it extremely difficult to chip your nails. Would I repurchase? I already have a new bottle waiting for me!

 photo P4049148_zps20aef486.jpg

Maybelline Falsies Volum' Express Mascara 
I was once obsessed with this mascara. There was not a day that went by when I didn't use it. However, after finishing this tube and trying out Benefit's They're Real Mascara I don't think I will be going back for a while (mainly because I have a tonne of unopened mascara to test out!). This is a great mascara for those looking to add volume and length to their lashes. Would I repurchase? Maybe in the future when I've used up all my other mascaras. 

Ardell Lash Grip Eyelash Adhesive 7g
One of the best eyelash glues on the market. Fast drying, dries either black or clear and simple to use. Would I repurchase? Always.

 photo P4049149_zpsf9205d5f.jpg

 OrganicSpa Skincare Face Exfoliant 7g
Not the best exfoliant I've used. I felt as though this didn't really exfoliant my skin very well as there wasn't a lot of grit in the formula. The smell was also quite off-putting. Would I repurchase? Probably not.

Garnier Youth Radiance Day Cream 50ml
Another mixed feeling product was this day cream. At first I didn't like the fact this day cream at all. I was only using it on a daily basis to finish it up and move onto another cream. However, as time went on I gradually started to like the cream more and more. My skin started to feel smoother and looked brighter/glowy. It also smelt quite nice as well. The only downside to this cream was that it gave me a stinging sensation when I used it around my my nose. I have no idea why, as it has never occurred when I use other creams but the feeling does go away after a couple of seconds. Would I repurchase? Yes! 

Avene Clearance Anti-Shine Regulating Emulsion - Lotion 5ml
I'm not 100% sure whether the anti-shine component of this lotion worked as the sample was too tiny to make any concrete decisions. But it did feel very moisturising on the skin. Would I repurchase? Yes, just to see whether or not it lives up to their anti-shine claims. 

 photo P4049151_zps1d657454.jpg

Biore Gentle Make-up Removing Wipes - 10 Wipes
Although they were a tad on the dry side, these wipes worked quite well. I absolutely hate make-up removing wipes that are dry - how the hell are you supposed to remove your make-up with a dry cloth?! Anyways, these were very gentle but as a consequence they didn't remove all my make-up. I still had some mascara on my lashes even though I used up every inch of the cloth. Would I repurchase? Probably not.

Face Of Australia Purifying Cleansing Wipes - 25 Wipes
First off can I say I bought these wipes when they were on special for about $2 a packet. I bought about 5 packs even though I didn't know how well they would work - but after finishing the first packet up I can safely say that I'm so glad I bought so many. These wipes worked surprisingly well. They removed all my make-up and made my skin feel really refreshed. Would I repurchase? Yes!

Thanks for reading! What products have you used up lately? 


31 comments :

  1. Great post! I love the clean on me too! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard so many people rave about the falsies mascara and i really didn't like it :(
    http://jodie-melissa.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how I feel abut the falsies mascara! I hated it at first and then I kind of loved it?! CONFUSED!

    www.raspberphobia.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feels great to finish samples. I really love the Falsies mascara! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a shame about the GKMBJ hair samples! I aboustely loved mine.
    I'm also not a huge fan of the Falsies!

    Sarah
    morethanadored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Nail Coat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to try Clean On Me! Soap and Glory is also available at Mecca Cosmetica/Maxima!

    x Tashi
    http://shiwashiful.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a lot of empties! It feel so nice to finally finish a product and decide whether one would repurchase it or not ^^

    ReplyDelete
  9. great post; i recently converted to roll ons deodorants cos i waste so much of the spray ones when i dont aim it properly lol loving the new layout btw! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah that use to happen to me all the time as well!

      Delete
  10. I am currently loving the falsies! I need to try and get through some samples :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is the first bad review I've read about the GKMBJ shampoo and conditioner! What is your hair type, if you dont mind me asking?

    Seche Vite is great, except for its harmful odours and whatnot. Also dislike it when it becomes too thick about half way through my bottle, but nothing a nail polish thinner can't fix!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? I must just be weird! Haha I tend to have oily roots and dry/brittle ends! :(

      Delete
  12. too bad you got some bum products! i would like to try that body conditioner though

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow so many empties! I actually prefer the Biore wipes over the FOA but each to their own! Lucky you got a heap so cheap :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. The FOA wipes sound great!
    I quite like the Ardell lash glue too :)
    and i lovee the Falsies!
    Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Batiste Blush Dry Shampoo is a life saver! especially during summer when my hair goes crazy coz of the humidity lol. it's such a famous product, well it works amazing that's why :) great products hun. <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. Batiste is currently on sale at Chemist Warehouse :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yikes, the stinging sensation around your nose using the Garnier Youth Radiance Day Cream definitely sounds like a no-no! I have yet to try Maybelline The Falsies though I would like to one day - though I do have Benefit They're Real and I love it. I've always wanted to try Ro's Argan Body Conditioner but the price is a turn off ... glad to hear you managed to find a way for it to work for you using it in the shower :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love reading this type of post! It encourages me to actually finish a certain product just so I could see the accomplishment ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  19. not really have problem with empties, but congratz : D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Clean On Me is my favorite shower cream in the world! It is amazingly moisturizing and the scent is to die for! <33 Great post hun! (:

    XO,
    http://www.rosychicc.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am surprised you didn't like the GKMBJ shampoo and conditioner as I was so in love with it when I used it. Made my hair feel really soft and light :S

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great post! It's inspired me to do the same with my empties :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome post, I am loving the Falsies at the moment! I really need a new dry shampoo, I tried Batiste once and thought it was pretty good but I'm trying new dry shampoos. The Garnier cream sounds nice apart from the stinging sensation!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm use falsies mascara too.. XD

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ahhh Clean On Me must smell delicious! Not a fan of Batiste Blush though, I prefer the Tropical scent x

    ReplyDelete
  26. I've been eyeing up the Ro's Argan Body Conditioner from Lush but wasn't sure if it was worth the price! I may pick it up and try it next time I'm in Lush :)

    This Happy Little Blog

    ReplyDelete
  27. I want to try Batiste Shampoo :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. i love Batiste dry shampoo, it's awesome

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!