12 Apr 2013

RAVE Review: Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquers in Apocaliptic, Nova, Galaxy & Stellar

I don't know about you but ever since the Rimmel Apocalips were released in the UK and US I have on the hunt for them. As with most other international make-up products these Rimmel lip lacquers have still not been release yet in Australia - hopefully they will be released soon though! Anyways, I found these bad boys on ASOS last week and ordered them straight away. I'm glad I did order them ASAP as later on that day I saw that they had run out on nearly all the shades I had picked up, but don't fret I'm sure ASOS will restock them within no time. Oh and I'm terribly sorry for the blurry photos - as soon as I got home and saw that my second delivery of these lip lacquers had arrived I swatched and took photos of them!

 photo P4119193_zpsc67f8b6c.jpg


Rimmel Apocalips are said to be a hybrid of regular lipsticks and lip glosses. This means that they have the pigmentation and lasting power of a lipstick whilst having a sheen of a lip gloss - except no sticky residue!

 photo P4119194_zpsabd96e0d.jpg



These lip lacquers definitely live up to it's hype for me, although in saying this I have seen a minority of people say they didn't think they were worth the hype. Luckily for me, I had no troubles whatsoever with them!

I initially picked up one lip lacquer (Stellar), but after wearing it throughout the day and instantly falling in love I decided to pick up three more! So the shades I ended up with are Apocaliptic, Stellar, Nova and Galaxy. I was tempted by Big Bag (bold red shade) but I decided to go for some more muted colours as I had already picked up Stellar.

Stellar: An orange-y red
Nova: A bright, 'barbie' pink
Galaxy: A mid toned plum
Apocaliptic: A fuchsia pink

 photo P4119197_zps1bafd6ad.jpg


Unlike other hybrid lipglosses/lipsticks (NYX soft matte lip creams & Xtreme lip creams) these are not drying on my lips at all. They made my lips feel silky smooth no matter how long I had it on for. The only time I did see the product settling into the creases of my lips was when after I ate a bowl of noodles. Even then it didn't look half as bad as other products that I wear for less than 10 minutes.

 photo P4119211_zps95c82792.jpg
(L-R) Apocaliptic, Stellar, Nova & Galaxy

The pigmentation is fantastic - one sweep with the doe foot applicator can give you a true depiction of what the colour is supposed to look like. I've read a fair few reviews about people thinking the applicator was a little flimsy and can be messy to apply. However I had no trouble at all applying the product even with my vertical labret in place. I actually thought the doe foot applicator made it have really precise application. So I don't really understand why others found it hard.

The only aspect I found that I would agree with the minority of people is that it is a little slippery. I did have a few little splotches of the lip lacquer around my mouth/chin but a way to avoid smudges is to simply take a tissue and blotch.

 photo sdfv_zpsff80cc5e.jpg



And Here's a photo of what Stellar looks like after a few hours and a bowl a noodles! As you can see there is still some noticeable colour of my lips, but there's also a terrible ring of colour. However this is no biggie as you can simply put on another coat and you're good to go!

 photo P4099175_zps0ddf9302.jpg



Overall I'm throughly impressed with the Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquers and definitely encourage you to give them a try if you haven't. I honestly can say that I'm not disappointed in these in any way what-so-ever. They are probably one of my favourite purchases I've made in a while! Oh and they're also extremely affordable - at only $9.50AUD on ASOS (I bought mine on sale for about $7).

What are your thoughts on the Apocalips Lip Lacquers?



25 comments :

  1. I have celestial and absolutely love it! They're really good aren't they?
    :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My faves are Celestial, Luna and Nude Eclipse :D i loved using them and they're going to be a staple in my summer makeup bag :D

    Sophia Meola | A Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of the bright pink however I'm still not letting myself get one of these! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought big bang today! But it was so hard not to buy all of them, they're so pretty :)
    http://jodie-melissa.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such good swatches! My fave is Stellar. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to try these but I have a hard time choosing what colours to buy. They all look so pretty!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have Big Bang but still haven't tried it. Apocaliptic is a great color x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm one of the people who thought these weren't worth the hype at all - they definitely haven't got the lasting power of a lipstick, and they transfer onto absolutely everything (if you have a drink, etc). And I do find them quite slippery too. I do like the shades, but I was really disappointed by the product as for me they are just highly pigmented lip glosses - nothing to do with lipsticks at all.
    Mel x

    melswallofmirrors.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got two of these on Asos too, but I haven't been as impressed as you so far! They seem to wear off on me quite quickly, but I will have to test them out more before I give the final verdict!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bought 2 of these yesterday off ASOS (Galaxy and Luna) and I'm so excited to get them! Galaxy looks so lovely in your swatches.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the swatches!
    They look amazing, I like how they sound, as I hate anything drying!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I also got these of asos last week! i got stellar and celestial and lovee them both!

    jess xx
    dotofdaisy.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  13. These colours look gorgeous on you, I love apocaliptic! These are actually more affordable than the Australis pout pastes :O I would buy them but so broke

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahh these look ahmazing!! Definitely need to give these a go! Apocaliptic is amazing although I probably already own another 1000x shades like this haha xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have had my eye on Big Bang for a while but I really don't need anymore lip products!

    Laura
    www.whitewintersblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. oooh, those were really pigmented shades! loved them ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great colour choices! Apocaliptic and Stellar look amazing on your lips, wish I could rock such bold shades : ) Thanks a lot for the review Dawn ^^ If you can, stop by my blog later, I have a little giveaway going on at the moment! Have a great weekend love xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great review. I have heard so many good things about these - lets hope they will be available here in Australia first!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. All four lip lacquers look gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great swatches! I like Apocaliptic and Stellar!

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh wow, i'm so impressed with them as well! can't believe how pigmented they look, the colour pay-off is brilliant! love the shades you picked out, definitely my colours too :) thanks for the lip swatches <3

    ReplyDelete
  22. yay! they're back on ASOS!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for sharing..love Stellar shade..

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!