25 Apr 2013

Collective Haul

No doubt about it - I have gone a little over board with the beauty shopping over the last couple of months. I don't know why, but as soon as I posted up my 'Overflowing Samples Box' blog post that stated I was going to try and refrain myself from spending too much on beauty items I don't need, however I still could splurge if I wanted to but wouldn't be able to use them until I had use up all my samples first, absolutely everything came on sale and looked much more appealing. I'm not going to lie, but I seriously think I have a problem on my hands. Eep!

 photo P4239274_zpsb4eaa4d1.jpg


Fortunately, I have somewhat kept half of my promise to myself - to not use the new products I've bought until I've finished up all my samples. Most of these goodies have been hiding away in my drawer for about 1 - 2 months now (I was actually surprised when I took out all the bags and digged through them to see what I bought for this post) besides the Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquers (I couldn't resist), a few of the nail polishes and a few make-up wipes. 

I am quite shocked to see how much I've purchased over the last two months on beauty related items .. and I'm embarrassed to admit that after seeing this massive haul I still continue to shop (40% Priceline sale anyone?)! Ha, anyways lets get onto the haul:

 photo P4239277_zpsf182ca71.jpg

From Essence's Cherry Blossom Girl Collection I picked up the Paper Lashes and 'Asian Sensation' Blush. I also decided to try out the Express Dry Drops top coat - I've seen a few other Australian beauty bloggers compare this to the Seche Vite Top Coat but unfortunately it didn't win me over.

 photo P4239278_zps8e9f9da3.jpg

From The Natural Source I purchase the Camouflage Colour 25 pack of Skin Crayons which also includes 6 sponges for application. Also from the Camouflage Colour range I picked up the 8 nail polish set. I have tried a few of the nail polishes from the set and the formula is quite lovely and easy to work with. 

 photo P4239284_zps3b128cff.jpg

I'm not 100% sure where I bought these two NUDE By Nature sets, it's either BrandsExclusive or OzSale, but both of these sets were only $20 each! One set is apparently valued to retail over $100 - I just couldn't help myself. I purchased the Natural Radiance Kit and Flawless Essentials Kit.

 photo P4239281_zpsab062478.jpg

One of the most exciting purchases over the last couple of months is my new Michael Todd Skincare products! There have been so much hype recently over Michael Todd products that when I saw them on Ozsale I just HAD to buy it. I bought the infamous Anti Aging Face Lift Cream and Starter Kit for Normal/Combination Skin. 

 photo P4239283_zpsa821a16a.jpg

I went a little crazy over facial wipes over the last couple months - Priceline, Big W and Target have all been having massive sales on Australis and Face Of Australia products. I'm pretty sure I paid around the $1.50 mark for each packet which is an absolute steal. In my opinion the FOA is much better quality than the Australis ones. Only because I find the Australis ones tend to dry out much more quickly than the FOA ones. 

 photo P4239287_zps8128f21d.jpg

And of course no haul is complete without nail polishes. I've been going nail polish crazy over the last couple of months - I blame Abigail from Shrinking Wallet... I may Have A problem... for all her amazing nail polish hauls! So I picked up OPI's Polka.com and When Monkeys Fly! From Covergirl I purchased the new Outlast Stay Brilliant polishes in 320 and 285. Two Australis polishes in Speck-tacular and Fairy Bread. Essie polishes in A Crewed Interest and Strawberry Sorbet. From Rimmel Lasting Finish collection polishes I picked up 045 Misty Jade. I also had to purchase a few bottle of Seche Vite as I finished my first bottle as well as Australis' See Ya Later nail polish remover.

 photo P4239290_zpsd22be881.jpg

Another cult product I've seen floating around on in the blogging community is the Garnier Anti-Dark Circles Roll On and the Rimmel Match Perfection Cream Gel Foundation. I wasn't going to pick either of these products up as I was a little skeptical on them, but ended up caving in when I saw them on sale. I think the Rimmel foundation was only $5 when I bought it!

 photo P4239289_zpsacc5a3a0.jpg

From ASOS I picked up 4 of the Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquers as well as a Lasting Finish Lipstick in 058 A Drop of Sherry. All of which are astounding shades!

 photo P4239291_zpscbbc6116.jpg

And lastly my most exciting purchase of all is my Illamasqua haul! I actually purchased this in February but due to a few mishaps I didn't end up receiving it until a couple a days ago! Talk about a long wait! But all that matters is that it ended up safe and sound on my doorstep. The items I purchased were: Powder Blusher in Thrust, three nail varnishes in Obsess, Untold and Poke, Two pencils in Uncanny and Manic, three cream pigments in Stoic, Surge and Superior, an eyeshadow in Burst, an eyeliner cake in Danger and a foundation in LF210

Whew, that was a lot to get through. Hopefully reviews of all these products will be posted on my blog soon - but remember I just need to get rid of those darn samples first!

Also do keep in mind that I did not post this blog post to brag in any way, shape or form - I personally love to read haul posts so I thought I would share one with you all as well. Also, please let me know I'm not the only make-up crazed person out there and tell me that buying this much stuff is worth it!

What have your bought recently?


32 comments :

  1. Woah, what a haul! I'd love to read more about the Illamasqua cream pigments and eyeshadow if you get the chance to review them xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap woman. You are crazy D: If only I had that much money to spend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhhhhh that is crazy! So jealous girl! Of all the things you purchased I think I want the Essence blush the most. I am so sad that I didn't pick it up when the collection was out...what was I thinking?! I obviously wasn't thinking at all! Those Nude by Nature sets are amazing too, I can't believe you managed to get them so discounted, that's incredible.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow this is some huge haul!If only I could spend that much in just 2 months! :| LOL.. So jealous! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. wowwww I thought my hauls were big !! :0

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think buying this stuff is okay as long as it fits your budget.hehe. After all, shopping helps us ladies take away the stress..Shopping actually makes me happy (especially if it's on sale!)haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, so many amazing things, most of them I've never tried! Enjoy them all Dawn : ) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. HUGE haul... wow.. amazing.. waiting for reviews

    ReplyDelete
  9. Phwaaaa lucky you! Love everything here!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. mother of hauls! that's some serious purchasing! Still everything is amazing! loved the NUDE set, I wish I could find them where I live D:

    lots of love!


    gorgeous&fearless

    ReplyDelete
  11. What The Haul :O
    i love the paper lashes

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything put together looks massive, but when you go through the individual items it somehow doesn't seem that bad! :p Especially when you got such good deals on some of the stuff - like the Nude by Nature and the heap of face wipes. The Illamasqua haul is really exciting though, can't wait for more detailed reviews on those products. And don't worry, I think it's safe to say we're all in the same boat of having a problem ...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such lovely colours!

    www.victoria-emma.blogspot.co.uk

    Vickyy

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Amazing haul! >u< I can't wait for the swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  15. whoaaa what a haul!! the illamasqua stuffs look so goooooood!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, AMAZING haul! I wish I'd bought those Essence eyelashes when they were still in stock :(

    Francesca
    http://petitfaon.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome haul girl!! Im gonna do an Illamasqua one too :) i havent been keeping track of my purchases as well. I will probably just do a collective haul post ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thats a serious stash of products, they look fantastic!! And cant wait for the Rimmel Apocalips to be available here!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Girl, you cray-cray! And that's comming from a fellow shopaholic, haha. Love the stuff you got, though! :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Woooahh!! This is really a lot! :)) I love love love it! I wish I could spend my money for all of this :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hahaha of course, why aren't I surprised xD
    Dw, you're just like a lot of us then! No self-control when there are crazy sales! Totally understandable.

    Great haul Dawn! I really want to try those apocalips.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Haha wow what a massive haul :) I have done the same before though! I can't wait to hear what you think of the Michael Todd Products!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, that is one intense haul! It's great that you got such good deals. I really want Polka.com.

    ReplyDelete
  24. That's a craaazy haul!! Loved all the products and I must Su you've to so e really good bargains.. You should definitely share it on ur blog next time u find such deals(:
    Don't forget to chek out my international Giveaway to win Mac Stereo Rose!
    xx
    titiyangzom.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  25. oh gawd!! that is such a humongous HAUL!!! The nude items seems really interesting! ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  26. holy wow! you sure do know how to shop hun! hehe :) i'm so jealous, i haven't bought that much beauty products recently. i've been buying accessories and shoes. lol i'm really interested in the Nude line, i see it advertised everywhere. i'd love to hear your thoughts about them :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. woah o.o omg! if only i had that much money to spend ; n ; anyhoo, awesome blog! followed ~

    http://kaoririndayo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. How the hell did you get Illamasqua to ship nail polishes to you?! I had to get them to send it to my sister in Singapore. Can't wait to get them when I go for a visit next week!

    P.S. Thanks for the mention lol... I DO have a nail polish addiction!
    P.P.S. That australis nail polish remover is surprisingly really good for the price that you pay (when on special)! I've stocked up and have about 3 unopened bottles... I think I'll need more lol

    ReplyDelete
  29. omg! i'm so jealous your haul. Nude lines and illamasqua looks really great to try! i want... i want..

    ReplyDelete
  30. Holy golly Dawn!!!!!!! I must admit that everything seems to have been gone on sale lately. To do you worse, Kmart will be having FOA, Australis and Rimmel Lipsticks for $5 only... soon. 9 May. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  31. such a humongous HAUL!!! seems really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Sick and tired of sagging skin?
    The ChinUp Mask uses cutting-edge technology to provide you all the benefits of a surgical facelift without the pain of lengthy medical procedures.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!