1 Feb 2013

NOTD: Audrey's Caviar Creations

I've been quite a big fan of caviar nails for a while now but never got the chance to jump onto the bandwagon and try it out ..until now. If you're wondering what 'caviar nails' are, they are tiny coloured beads that are applied to wet nail polish to create a textured look. I originally saw this design from one of my good friends eons ago but didn't pay as much attention to it until I saw it all over the blogosphere and youtube. Oh and when Ciaté released their caviar manicure kits I was hooked. Despite loving the trend I didn't purchase any of the kits as the price tag was a little too steep for my liking (especially here in Australia!). Also, I wasn't sure if the caviar nails design would be worth the money considering they only last for up to 48 hours (stated on the Ciaté caviar nail kits). Fortunately MUA released a similar product called Nail Constellations for a smidgen of the price which of course I decided to purchase and try out. 

Photobucket

I picked up three nail constellations from the MUA range, including Pisces which is the one featured in this post. The Pisces nail constellation is made up of beautiful light blue and silver beads, which reminded me a lot of China Glaze's For Audrey, hence I decided to pair the two together to get this NOTD! Although the blue beads and For Audrey are not the exact same colour, I found them to be quite similar so I thought it would look good together. 

Photobucket

Before I get into my review of the nail constellations let's take a quick look to see what MUA says about their product: 
"MUA’s amazing NEW Nail Constellation inspired by the patterns formed into stars in the earth's night sky is a 3-dimensional extravagant nail art system you can create easily from home that leave your nails looking ‘wow!’. These Constellation beads have a beautiful shine to them in five amazing space theme colours. They are easy to use and with them you can create many different designs. 
Supplied in a funnel for easy application with a re-sealable top! Using the Funnel application simply bed the constellation beads onto to a thick coat of your favourite MUA nail polish in a line design or just placed random and then allow another generous top coat to keep them in place."
Photobucket

Firstly off, I would like to say that I'm glad I held off buying the beads by Ciaté as I would have been thoroughly disappointed to pay around $30 for beads that end up falling off when doing the simplest of tasks. As much as these nail beads look beautiful when just applied after 5 mins at work half the beads were gone, leaving a very unattractive nail behind. With that said, the caviar nail affect was designed to give your nails a pop of fun and definitely not for longevity. So if you want to jazz up for nails for the nail these are definitely a winner!

Photobucket

I also want to point out that the MUA Nail Constellations bead dispenser is completely useless. As it says in the description the funnel lid is made for easy application, however I found that when trying to dispense the beads from the funnel they would often get stuck. Therefore the nail polish underneath designed to help the beads stick would get dry and become unsticky. To make the process quicker and simpler I just take off the funnel lid and pour the beads onto the nail. Of course I would use a small container to catch the excess beads and pour them back into the bottle to reuse. 

Photobucket

If you look closely at the photos you can see that my beads are a little uneven. If you're looking for a clean look then I do suggest you pat down the beads to make them even - because I wanted a more textured look I left mine uneven. Oh and if you want your nails to be a little more long-lasting, I suggest you use a top coat or a clear nail polish. However it does make your beads look less textured. 

What are your opinions on caviar nails? Hate them or love them?



xo


78 comments :

  1. caviar nails are definitely something that just stare at and be like *ohh thats soooo pretty* but when it comes to practicality its seems like such a drainer!
    maybe they would last longer on your toe nails (lol?) considering we dont do much with our feet?
    on another note, the color you chose is super pretty! matches the blog layout ;)
    xx
    www.twoplicates.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These do look very pretty paired together!
    I've never tried caviar nails, and I don't think I will, just seems like so much of a hassle! But using MUA constellations seems like the way to go - how different could they be from the Ciaté ones?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh I'm loving the colours! I've always wanted to try caviar nails but I don't find it practical and not worth the money when the beads are going to fall off... It's good if you want something different once in a while :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, that looks so lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Caviar nails are SO pretty!
    I've never tried it, but one day I will.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this looks super nice :) X



    skinnyfoxx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOOOP WOOP Check out mine too!!

    Joyce ♥
    Check out my blog :) New blog post! – 4D Nails Review
    Sunshine & Rain

    ReplyDelete
  8. hands down for the color.i love it

    ReplyDelete
  9. These nails are to die for!! Too cute ^^

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the colors it's really summer :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a happy manicure, thank you for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks so cool!(:


    paigeypumpkin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks so pretty, the colours go really well together x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Caviar nails are so nice!) And I love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  15. caviar nails are very pretty for about...10 minutes and then they fall :(
    the colors are great.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love caviar nails too but I always have to be careful because they're really fragile and fall out easily. I guess I have to find better brands of caviar beads. Please make a post about velvet nails too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is super cute! Is the caviar hard to remove though?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I got one of these and I haven't used it yet, I must get onto that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. yay! lovely nails! :)) i super like it:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi, Many of our fans are looking forward to see pictures from excellent bloggers like you on world's 1st eyewear styling community plus.firmoo.com, could we have the honor to see you there?

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh.my.gosh.

    THAT LOOKS AMAZING!!!!
    I must try that, the beads look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Caviar nails are so nice! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. i love the look of caviar nails:) i also got some silver caviar here. i tried it once and freaked out haha. you need patience for those caviars...
    lots of love xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow .... these are awesome :) thank you I am totally getting some of these x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Absolutely loving this shade and the caviar effect :D

    http://sophiameola.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. That's mega cute:) I was used to giving me these but using gel and uv lamp to hold them better:))

    ReplyDelete
  27. i love ur nails soo much <3
    glorychen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the color! Such a pretty blue!

    ariarhapsody.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Those 2 look pretty together! I really want to get the For Audrey polish :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. sooooooo beautiful!! i really want to do caviar nails but i bet it's not gonna last long on my nails, i'm so hopeless in keeping them without chipping. lol. i love that colour so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. The color is idea for this spring time. I have never tried the caviar, I really should.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great color choice! I ordered these too and I am definitely going to put topcoat on them!

    ReplyDelete
  33. These look awesome, but I don't think i'll ever try it, simply because it's not that practical. I do love the look on your nails though! xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. there's such gorgeous colours in these, looks great! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  35. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wahh.. cute.. lovin' it <3 super duper cute.. wish i could do it like that :))

    ReplyDelete
  37. You've inspired me to do my nails tonight. :-) I won't be putting any little beady thingys on it though, :-) I think they would bother me too much and I think I definitely would have trouble with them coming off easily like yours did, but I did like how "fun" this manicure was and thanks for sharing it with all of us! :-)

    Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I was going to try some of the MUA caviar nails but didn't end up ordering anything from them yet! I bet these wouldn't last at all on me, especially with work! They are fun, though!

    ReplyDelete
  39. That China Glaze colour is cute :) x

    ReplyDelete
  40. nice nails good color looks stunning

    ReplyDelete
  41. I am still trying to figure out if I should try caviar nails. Yours look so perfect!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  42. Awesome creation. Lovely Nail-paint.

    ReplyDelete
  43. These are so cute, when I done mine they didn't go out this good. *sulks*

    www.leeshastarr.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. Baby blue is really a pretty color. And the embellishments make it even better! Just so sad that a mom like me cannot use a nail art like this. Or I'll end up picking all the beads once my son discovered the tiny pieces! :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. Love these! I think the caviar nail look is adorable, however I think it would be annoying to be constantly losing the beads, so I doubt I will be trying this myself.

    ReplyDelete
  46. I have Mua Gallaxy nail caviar! I've only tried it once - yours looks so much neater than my attempt! I found it difficult to get an even layer! It's quite tricky but I think the finished effect is stunning. :) I put clear nail polish over the top and it lasted until the next day. Good for a night out or special occasion. I did find they stained my nails though...

    ReplyDelete
  47. I love caviar nails and these in blue are sooo lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  48. The little beads look fun!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Caviar nails are pretty but for someone who constantly make jewelries, it won't last me an hour to ruin it... :D

    ReplyDelete
  50. I love the MUA nail constellations. This colour combo is ace! I well wanna try this blue, it looks stunning xx

    brutalfashionandbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  51. Caviar nails are so pretty! I haven't tried them. I love the colors you use in here! You should check out on MUA nail constellations. They have amazing caviar nails! <3

    http://littleredviola.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  52. I love caviar nails and i want to try it on my nails!It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Nice colours. I tried Caviar nails myself but I didn`t like the touch of it...

    ReplyDelete
  54. This looks lovely on you. I love the colors. I'm not sure if it's something I would want to try though. Seems like too much work.

    ReplyDelete
  55. I really love the caviar nail look but I think it would end up annoying me! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  56. Wonderful colour choice! Love it)

    ReplyDelete
  57. i love the nails and the colour ^^

    ReplyDelete
  58. caviar nails are so pretty when I see pictures of them. however, I tried it, and not so much. I think the funnel that this brand has would make it easier, but the ones you just dip your finger in, is kind of horrendous.

    The colors of the beads in the set you used are so pretty, and is that For Audrey you are using as the base? One of my absolute favourite shades, I have to go get more of it.

    ReplyDelete
  59. me encanta el color y las uñas de caviar!

    ReplyDelete
  60. I love nail art and caviar is very beautiful in those colours :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  61. I would like to suggest that you go with the ultimate Forex broker: AvaTrade.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!