26 Feb 2013

BellaBox VS Lust Have It! February 2013

Time for another beauty subscription box comparison. Sadly, not much has changed since my last (angry) post about the January boxes. I will give props to LHI! though for getting my box delivered in the right month and for being unexpectedly good. Unfortunately though after this month's box of BellaBox I decided to call it quits - I unsubscribed and I'm desperately hoping the next months box will be poorly constructed so I won't feel as though I made a bad decision. Anyways, let's see what's inside both boxes this month:

 photo P2148763_zps8f416ada.jpg


No surprise to the theme of this month's BellaBox - Valentines Day. One positive of BellaBox's disappointing box was the tissue paper and the print of their card. Covered with hearts, the box looked so cute! Other than that though the contents were pretty 'meh'.

 photo P2148764_zps8ea4264f.jpg

- Batiste Dry Shampoo 50ml (RRP $9.95 150ml)
- Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in 677 'Shoot The Moon' (RRP $14.99)
- Natralus Natural Paw Paw Ointment 7g (RRP $5.95 30g)
- Gatineau Moisturising Range 15ml (RRP $98 50ml)
- John Frieda Sheer Blonde Colour Renew Tone Correcting Shampoo & Conditioner 45ml (RRP $17.99 150ml)
- U Skin Solutions Nourishing Cleansing Milk (RRP $32.95 125ml)

 photo P2148770_zps1d258a11.jpg

Now I will admit that this month's box isn't too bad (not that great either though) but after receiving countless dry shampoo, shampoo/conditioner and tiny lotion samples enough is enough. This month was the last straw to the continuously disappointing box, hence I unsubscribed as soon as I opened the box. I'd much rather spend the $15 on a product that I actually want to try.

 photo P2238893_zps6a950f43.jpg

Lust Have It! on the other hand was a little more impressive. 

- Mancine Summer Tan 250ml (RRP $29.95)
- Kevin Murphy Born Again Mask 7ml (RRP $49.95 250ml)
- Lancome Hypnose Star Show-Stopping Volume Mascara 2ml (RRP $52 6.5ml)
- The Natural Source Camouflage Colour Nail Lacquers 12ml (RRP $9.99)
- Lonvitalite Crystal Whitening & Moisturising Hand Mask 1 pair (RRP $4.50)

 photo P2238898_zps09761cd5.jpg

Now obviously I think you know what the most exciting product in this box was - Hypnose Star Mascara! I cannot wait to try this out - I love receiving high end mascaras. Because I would never think of spending that kind of money on a mascara considering I would throw it out within 3 months. Also because drug store brands offer a few great mascaras as well. 

 photo P2238901_zps79b6228d.jpg

On a little side note, how beautiful is the packaging of this sample mascara?! I mean common there's glitter!

 photo P2238902_zpsf6530471.jpg

Overall, LHI definitely defeated BB in this month's war. I am still subscribed to LHI for the moment - let's just hope next month will be just as good as this months! 

What do you think of this month's BellaBox and Lust Have It! ?
xo


26 comments :

  1. I love the inside of the two boxes:)The products look great:)
    Everyone can check out my exciting SECRET GIVEAWAY!Just click on this link:
    http://mykaleidoscopeeyes.blogspot.com/2013/02/my-secret-giveawayshhh.html
    Thank you:)
    xoxo Veselina

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the two boxes :D kiss
    http://ourbittersweetaddiction.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hated my bellabox too, and cancelled subscription.. They should always the customers feel like they got *more* than $15 worth. :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard great things about that Hypnose Star mascara, and in my experience the Lancome sample sizes last for months and months! I actually like the look of the Bellabox, I've been eyeing off Shoot the Moon polish so it would have been worth it for me. Having said that I cancelled all of my beauty sample subs a while back, too much to use and not enough value for me. Let us know how you get on with that mascara!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lust have it looked better this month, but the colours were a bit hit and miss for the nail polishes and lipsticks some people got. I had to cancel my bellabox subscription (I cancelled my LHI late last year) because I also want to spend my $15 on something I actually want/need/would use!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Got the same Bellabox as you! I thought it was a disappointing box and my LHI wasn't all that much better :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute packaging. It loved the Batiste Dry shampoo, so I hope you do too =]

    vodka-latte.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely things in both boxes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, seriously sick of seeing Batiste dry shampoo now xD
    But the Lancome mascara is a great addition!

    ReplyDelete
  10. agree on the hypnose sample! it looks so gorgeous! ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the Sally Hansen polish, but considering the box costs the same as the polish, I might just as well buy the polish in a color I really covet... shampoo would bore me to death. So far, my boxes here in Austria haven't contained any, thankfully.
    I got the Hypnose Star mascara in a box a couple of months ago and it's a really great product! That's what I like best - the opportunity to try out high-end products I'd never splurge on otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You got the better of both boxes.. I'd love to see a vs of the crappy boxes haha.. neither would win and both would lose :P
    I'm jealous of the mascara!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glitter mascara?
    sound too glamour :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't blame you from unsubbing to bellabox! I did too and I'm not feeling like I'm missing out...

    ReplyDelete
  15. it's so disapointing to pay for such useless box, bellabox must realize that minus soon and start to change the next month with very good products or they will lost many customers!
    on the other hand, the Lancome Hypnose Star Show-Stopping Volume Mascara looks great dear
    please give review about that product :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would cancel the subscription too if I would get the same products. The second one looks pretty good :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. i agree, LHI is definitely so much better! the BB products are not very interesting to try, they're just mehhh. lol and gosh that mascara from Lancome is a must have! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the mascara! cute. ^_^

    http://daintychic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wish I could get these kind of boxes here :c !

    ReplyDelete
  20. This looks amazing, I love batsiste! xxxx

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!