Time for another beauty subscription box comparison. Sadly, not much has changed since my last (angry) post about the January boxes. I will give props to LHI! though for getting my box delivered in the right month and for being unexpectedly good. Unfortunately though after this month's box of BellaBox I decided to call it quits - I unsubscribed and I'm desperately hoping the next months box will be poorly constructed so I won't feel as though I made a bad decision. Anyways, let's see what's inside both boxes this month:
No surprise to the theme of this month's BellaBox - Valentines Day. One positive of BellaBox's disappointing box was the tissue paper and the print of their card. Covered with hearts, the box looked so cute! Other than that though the contents were pretty 'meh'.
- Batiste Dry Shampoo 50ml (RRP $9.95 150ml)
- Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in 677 'Shoot The Moon' (RRP $14.99)
- Natralus Natural Paw Paw Ointment 7g (RRP $5.95 30g)
- Gatineau Moisturising Range 15ml (RRP $98 50ml)
- John Frieda Sheer Blonde Colour Renew Tone Correcting Shampoo & Conditioner 45ml (RRP $17.99 150ml)
- U Skin Solutions Nourishing Cleansing Milk (RRP $32.95 125ml)
Now I will admit that this month's box isn't too bad (not that great either though) but after receiving countless dry shampoo, shampoo/conditioner and tiny lotion samples enough is enough. This month was the last straw to the continuously disappointing box, hence I unsubscribed as soon as I opened the box. I'd much rather spend the $15 on a product that I actually want to try.
Lust Have It! on the other hand was a little more impressive.
- Mancine Summer Tan 250ml (RRP $29.95)
- Kevin Murphy Born Again Mask 7ml (RRP $49.95 250ml)
- Lancome Hypnose Star Show-Stopping Volume Mascara 2ml (RRP $52 6.5ml)
- The Natural Source Camouflage Colour Nail Lacquers 12ml (RRP $9.99)
- Lonvitalite Crystal Whitening & Moisturising Hand Mask 1 pair (RRP $4.50)
Now obviously I think you know what the most exciting product in this box was - Hypnose Star Mascara! I cannot wait to try this out - I love receiving high end mascaras. Because I would never think of spending that kind of money on a mascara considering I would throw it out within 3 months. Also because drug store brands offer a few great mascaras as well.
On a little side note, how beautiful is the packaging of this sample mascara?! I mean common there's glitter!
Overall, LHI definitely defeated BB in this month's war. I am still subscribed to LHI for the moment - let's just hope next month will be just as good as this months!
What do you think of this month's BellaBox and Lust Have It! ?