23 Jan 2013

What's in my Travel Bag: Birthday Weekend Edition

As some of you may know it was my 21st birthday on the 17th January (last Thursday) and to celebrate I stayed over my boyfriend's house as well as a night at Hilton Hotel in the city. Over the weekend I had two birthday dinners, drinks with friends to celebrate my birthday and breakfast with other friends the next day. It was a very eventful weekend indeed which meant I needed to bring the right make-up to suit all occasions. So without further ado here are the make-up products I took with me over the weekend. 

 photo P1178573_zps3a3dd3e7.jpg
Bourjois Delice De Poudre Bronzing Powder: This is one of my favourite bronzing/contouring powders so it was a no brainer that I needed to bring this along with me.

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Give Me Sun: Because it is summer and the sun has been blazing more frequently than not, my body has become much more tanner than my face (which is quite white compared to my body at the moment) leaving my foundation slightly lighter than my tanned body. This is where the MAC MSF steps in and saves the day. This gives me my face a lovely glow whilst also deepening my complexion to match my body. 

 photo P1178577_zps5c9080a0.jpg

NARS Creme Blush in Enchanted: This is the newest edition into my make-up collection. Although this is a blush I bought it to use as a highlighter, and because I haven't had a lot of time to test it out so I thought I would experiment with it over the weekend. This turned out to be quite a lovely addition to a completed face of make-up.

MAC Sheertone Shimmer Blush in Breezy: I'm not quite sure why I decided to choose this dark plum blush that is usually more suited to the winter season, but I don't regret this choice at all. With a light hand, this gives the cheeks the perfect flush of colour.

 photo P1178578_zps85a60e76.jpg

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in Barcelona: I love this foundation - it's great for everyday use when applied with just your fingers or for special occasions when buffed into the skin using a flat top kabuki from Sigma or the Real Techniques buffing brush. Great coverage as well. 

Thin Lizzy Concealer Creme in Oriental Doll: This concealer doesn't mess around - it has great coverage and doesn't make you look 'cakey' what so ever. 

 photo P1178579_zps9cea9687.jpg

MAC Paint Pot in Groundwork: I used this as my eyeshadow primer for both nights and of course it worked amazingly. No creases and the shadows were more pigmented.

MAC Fluid Line in Blacktrack: My favourite gel liner of all time, enough said.

Stila Brow Set in Dark: The lighter shade is perfect for day-time wear and the darker shade looks excellent when you're wearing eyeshadows and what not as it perfectly frames your face. 

 photo P1178580_zps897fc835.jpg

Carmex Moisture Plus Lip Balm: This is without a doubt my savior. Not only does it combat my horrid chapped lips, but it does it in style by providing a wash of pink for your lips.

Benefit They're Real Mascara: After receiving this in the las Lust Have It box I have been using it everyday! It has replaced my Bobbi Brown Lash Glamour Extreme Lengthening Mascara!

Milani Liquifeye Liner: This glides on like a dream and doesn't smudge. What else do you want from an eye liner?!

Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer: This primer makes your skin feel like a perfect blank canvas ready to be used. It fills in your pores as well as making your skin foundation ready. Oh and it also makes your foundation last throughout the whole night.

 photo P1178581_zpsfea386e0.jpg


NYX Xtreme Lip Cream in Candy Land: 

Revlon SuperLustrous Lipstick in Primrose: 

I wasn't sure whether I wanted something extremely bright and noticeable or a light wash of colour. That's why I choose to bring this NYX lip cream and Revlon Lipstick. Both of these came in handy on different nights.

 photo P1228591_zpsb76b8e7b.jpg
 photo P1228594_zps997da34e.jpg

Urban Decay Nake 2 Palette: You can never go wrong with neutrals especially if they're from UD. I was tossing up between Naked 2 and the Stila In The Light Palette, but ended up choose Naked 2 as they're more shades to choose from. 


 photo P1178582_zpse61fd88f.jpg
 photo P1178583_zpsc645e30d.jpg

And lastly the brushes - I won't go into too much detail as it will take forever so I'll just quickly list them:

Ihana Angled Liner
Sigma Blending E25
Sigma Pencil E30
MAC 263
Royal & Langnickel Angled Eye Shader BE15
Royal & Langnickel Crease BE17
Royal & Langnickel Lash Brush BE09
Royal & Langnickel Eye Shader MD BE06
Sigma Large Angled Contour F40
Real Techniques Buffing Brush
Real Techqiues Contour Brush
ELF Powder Brush

 photo P1178575_zps8d2afea1.jpg

I forgot to take a photo of the false lashes and eyelash glue I took with me as well on this little trip. But they were the Ardell Lash Grip Adhesive and the Model 21 Lashes in No.18.

I hope you liked this quick post - my birthday presents haul will be coming up very soon! 

xo


61 comments :

  1. Happy (belated) Birthday! Wow it sounds like you had a blast! And you packed exceedingly well, given the number of different events you had going! I've got the Bourjois Delice de Poudre but can't decide if I like it enough to keep it in my stash! Glad to know you like it- it sways me! I must get around to purchasing a Naked palette! I've been putting it off for too long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot to be honest. Happy birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always wanted to try the Nars Foundation, i'm going to pick up a sample next time I'm in Selfridges, happy birthday!

    www.SamuelJamesMorris.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought that bourjois is a chocolate,, I was wrong,, that was a bronzer :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice bag :) happy birthday lovely! I really must try that thin lizzy concealer, everyone seems to love the stuff!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! Just bought some Real Techniques brushes and using them all the time. :)Happy Birthday xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. the real technique brushes seem so nice and dense! and the smashbox primer is defs worth trying out on my hands when i go makeup browsing!
    love reading these whats in my ____ tags :P
    great post :)

    www.twoplicates.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Damn woman, happy belated birthday! You must've had a lot of fun; hope your boyfriend spoiled you like crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have that Revlon lipstick too! :)

    http://thefabulosa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. At first I didn't understand why you took chocolate in your bag. Cause the bourjois bronzer

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy belated birthday!! I also turn 21 this year and am so excited! Although I probably wont celebrate it much, this post would be very handy. I love revlon primrose lipstick and also hoping to buy the nars foundation! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww happy birthday lovely :) Love your brush and Nars stuff.
    Noor @ Noor's Place

    ReplyDelete
  13. Almost all these products are in my wishlist ! Hehe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It was my 18th Sunday and we got snowed in, I love the UD palette and the bourgeois bronzer
    www.alittlepersonalshopper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy belated bday! (^^) And that's a lot you have there :0

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy birthday! I love the look of everything you packed, the lip products in particular caught my eye. Lovely choices.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy birthday dawn...
    your stuff so adorable, I like your brush stuff and UD palette..:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like you've been having fun! :)
    Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hope you had amazing birthday! Hope your stay at the Hilton was awesome too!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Birthday Dawn!! >w<
    Hehe, sounds like you had a really good time!
    Love all the products you brought with you! ^^

    http://www.joyjoii.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. love your selection hope 2 see your all collection of makeup

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great post, that is a nice amount of makeup for traveling, I always have to bring multiple shades "just in case" so it's always hard for me to downsize! I love the look of enchanted so hard! x

    ReplyDelete
  23. a lot))) All the beautiful and appropriate)

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW so many beauty tools hahaha
    Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy birthday! your birthday is one day after mines!.=D
    Check out my blog http://butterfliesdaisys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy belated birthday! A girl can never have too many beauty products! :) I've been aiming in having Urban Decay Nake 2 Palette :) The shades are just perfect for me.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy belated birthday!
    That's a lot of stuffs :D

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy belated birthday to you Dawn :) Hope you had a fantastic time! You packed some excellent products that I'm sure served you well. They're Real is a great mascara and I adore Naked2.

    ReplyDelete
  29. sounds nice :b i love the naked 2

    ReplyDelete
  30. Very good selection! You could do amazing looks with them.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love the bronzer bourjois it likes chocolat :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Happy Birthday! Love the Revlon Primrose. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Belated Happy Birthday again love! sounds like you had a blast spending it with your bf and friends :) I can never travel without taking any of the Naked palettes with me, especially the Bourjois bronzer! xo

    ReplyDelete
  34. Happy belated birthday, beautiful!! It's really fun to see the assortment of products you brought along with you... the MAC blush looks like a really unique color!

    Ellie | Ellalogy 

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love everything in your travel bag!

    ReplyDelete
  36. you have such a lovely make-up collection! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  37. I don't know what I would do without my naked 2 Palette xx

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Voguevandal/106269179550324

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love your selection! Happy Bday*

    ReplyDelete
  39. i love this : NYX Xtreme Lip Cream in Candy Land and UD Naked 2 Pallete :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. i love your naked pallete sooo much ^^
    pls follow me on GFC too if u dont mind... of c im following you :)

    glorychen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. so nice... you must do a make-up tutorials using these make-ups ^_^ i like it ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  42. thats fantastic i love the real technique brushes

    ReplyDelete
  43. I love these sort "what's in my travel makeup bag" posts. I hate packing for traveling, I always take too much!

    ReplyDelete
  44. I want most of these things :c especially the Naked 2 palette!

    ReplyDelete
  45. So many great products! Good choices :) Hope you had a lovely birthday! xx

    ReplyDelete
  46. You have some great products in here!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Love your things. The Real Technique Brushes are great, as well as the elf brush.

    ReplyDelete
  48. I love almost all of them! I really want to try the Real Techniques brushes soon!

    Greetings from Shirayuki's Beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Ahh that Nars cream blush is now on my wishlist! I would also love some mac paint pots, groundwork looks perfect for every-day!

    ReplyDelete
  50. wow amazing haul// especially the UD Pallete..!

    ReplyDelete
  51. That's a lot of items to take along! Happy Belated Birthday. Hope you had a great one.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!