20 Jan 2013

Pampering Delights: Soap and Glory & LUSH

After a long, hot and stressful day (or a cold winters night) there's nothing better than to relax and pamper yourself. And what better way to relax than giving your skin what it deserves - a luxurious bubble bath, a soothing scrub or a moisturising session! After much consideration of which brand to feature in this post I ended up deciding on two of my favourite brands Soap and Glory and Lush. Both brands have a wide assortment of products to make you look and feel amazing after a long exhausting day - which is actually why I bought these 3 items! Because I work in retail it can get a little crazy ..especially over the Christmas period where everyone decides to go shopping on the same day and tends to be extremely rude and messy. To regain my sanity I purchased Soap and Glory's Soaper Heroes Set and Lush's Twilight Shower Gel and Golden Wonder Bath Ballistic. 

Photobucket

The Soaper Heroes Gift Pack includes 5 of the bestselling products from Soap and Glory in travel sized form! The products include: Clean On Me, Righteous Butter, Flakeaway, Girligo and Hair Supply. 

Photobucket

I was quite excited when I saw this set was available in stores, as I've been quite keen try more of S&G's products but didn't know where to start. The first two products I've purchased from S&G (Hand Food and The Breakfast Scrub) were a massive hit and become a staple in my everyday routine so I wanted to see if their other products were just as good.

Photobucket

Before I get onto the individual reviews of each of these products, I will just say it now because I repeat myself 5 times in a row - these products smell AMAZING! These definitely make you want to eat the actual products itself, but unfortunately you cannot. What a shame. Oh and on a side note, I used Clean On Me, Hair Supply and Flake Away for the first time and I felt as though I had the best shower of my life. It was so refreshing, nourishing and best smelling shower of my existence. Haha, okay back to being serious. 

Clean On Me Shower Gel: This is without a doubt one of my favourite shower gels. Not only does it lather up amazingly, it really does make your skin feel extremely clean. It's also slightly moisturising but does not make your skin feel like theres an uncomfortable residue left. I can't wait to finish this little travel sized bottle and grab a full sized one!

Hair Supply: I was a little skeptical about whether how well this would work on my hair. Apparently, this can be used two ways, either as a conditioner for every time you wash your hair or as a hair treatment once or twice a week. I've been using this as a hair treatment and so far I have seen some promising results. My hair feels quite soft and looks more glossy after use, oh and the ends of my hair (which is more of the dry side due to over-dying) feels more moisturised. 



Photobucket

Girligo: I was quite interested to see how this product would turn out - this is essentially a spray on body moisturiser. I did find this to be quite moisturising but definitely not as much as normal body moisturiser. I also felt as though you had to spray quite a few times to get the right amount for decent moisturisation. Hopefully this travel sized bottle will last up to10 uses! Oh and I think this would be perfect for the beach!

Photobucket

Flake Away: My favourite product of the bunch - Flake Away definitely lived up to the hype for me. Not only is this an amazing body exfoliator it so moisturising - it's crazy! This exfoliator is definitely not as harsh as their other scrub, The Breakfast Scrub, but just as amazing. My skin feels soft, exfoliated, and moisturised! I feel as though after using it, I don't need to use an extra body butter or lotion because it is already super moisturised. Definitely urge you to try this out if you haven't already!

Righteous Butter: Whoa! Can I just say this is one rich body butter! Not only is the Righteous Butter moisturising, it doesn't leave that oily residue on the skin like other thick body butters do. I also find that it doesn't leave my skin with that 'heavy'/my skin can't breathe feeling, it soaks straight into the skin. I'm not sure whether I prefer this one to my PureFiji body butter, but it's a damn close call.


Photobucket

Now onto the Lush products that have helped me calm down lately. One thing is for sure, I wish I had bought back ups of the Twilight shower gel and more Golden Wonders Bath Bombs, now I have to wait until next Christmas time to pick more of them up! 

Photobucket

Twilight Shower Gel: This product has been so hyped up within the blogging/youtube community that it kind of made me want to try this product out. I couldn't really smell the lavender scent of this shower gel when in the Lush store, but when I first used it in the shower I thought it was a little overpowering. The scent does die down when you use it - its actually quite calming and relaxing after a while. Although it does live up to what it says it does, I wouldn't say this is one of the best shower gels I've used. I do find myself reaching for the S&G Clean On Me more instead of this one. I think Twilight is more of a once a week/'special' treat shower gel more than an everyday type one.

Photobucket

Golden Wonder Bath Ballistic: If you want to truly treat yourself with an amazing (and surprisingly) bath then look no further than this bath bomb! I was amazed when I saw this simple bath bomb transform into something that reminded me of the night sky/nebular. After settling into the water, this amazing product starts to fizz and ooze out tiny gold stars as well as turning the water into a lovely blue shade. It looked absolutely fantastic and it smelt beautiful as well! This was certainly a bath to remember!

Photobucket

There you have it - a few things that have made my life a little more enjoyable in the past couple of weeks. I truly am kicking myself for not stocking up on more of those Golden Wonder bath bombs - they were magical! Anyways, let me know what products you like to use to relax yourself after a stressful day!

xo

49 comments :

  1. Damn! I wish I picked up more S&G stuff when I was in the UK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. soap and glory is amazing I really love it :) Thanks for the help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont know why, but that S&H product looked delicious -_____-
    Looks like a milk
    maybe because I'm hungry right now :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I do love S&G! Everything smells so good! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. everything sounds amazing! I really wanted to try the Golden Wonder bath bomb! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet set! I've never tried Soap and Glory before, but I heard their body stuff are AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will have to get my hands of this set at some point!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I heard so many good things about Soap & Glory! Too bad it's not available here...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your article is very complete. Great !
    I would like to test the brand Soap & Glory too...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh... two brands I have yet to try!! So many people rave about S&G and Lush.
    I always love the appearance of Lush soaps, so cute!
    Great post Dawn :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. does the flake away have the same scent as clean on me?

    ReplyDelete
  12. i really want to try alot of Soap and Glory products. it sucks not having that brand here, urghh. bath bombs are my fave, i never wanted to leave the bathtub when i use it, haha. great products hun! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. That Soap and Glory set looks awesome! I really would like to try the products inside, handy that they come in a travel size. Onto my wishlist it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I feel like I am the only person who doesn't adore the smell of soap and glory products haha :P I finally tried some out a few months back and it just didn't impress me!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. They look tempting....great post

    ReplyDelete
  16. I do want to try S&G products after reading so much about them on your blog :) Especially the Breakfast Scrub. That moisturiser spray sounds like a nifty concept. Love Twilight shower gel, wish I could've grabbed a bigger bottle!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Soap & Glory products are my new obsession! I really love Flake Away, and that Lush bathbomb is amazing! Enjoy x

    Romany x

    www.chasingpavementsbeautyblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love Lush, didn't try this but it looks great

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love Lush and Soap & Glory! :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. A little comment to tell you this blog is so cool ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. yay! I love bubble bath! ^_^ I love the packaging♥ :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. The Soap and Glory looks really interesting. According to my readings, it smells heavenly. I just wish I could try one.

    ReplyDelete
  23. oooh, I've always wanted to try the soap & glory set ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am super curious about Soap & Glory, especially about their Clean On Me Shower Gel and Righteous Butter!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What great ways to pamper yourself :) I have been hearing more about Soap and Glory lately and I might go and try it out, especially the Flake Away and the Righteous Butter which sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great products..havn't tried 'twilight' shower gel...oh i want all these

    ReplyDelete
  27. I always see The Soap and Glory products but never pick up one , these look so interesting to try

    ReplyDelete
  28. Soap and Glory is fantastic for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lush is incredible, i love bath bombs

    ReplyDelete
  30. omg!! these looks cute and amazing..definitely gonna try these out,,:)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love lush, I have both twilight and golden wonder :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I like this trend. I would love to try them too.

    ReplyDelete
  33. All of those soap and glory things lok amazing and golden wonder is my all time fave! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Awesome! I'll try those products soon.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I really want to try some soap and glory! :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. I seriously need a tub again, I'd really love some of those soap & glory treats!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  37. I really need to try something from Soap & Glory. I see them everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love lush! And I would like to try Soap and Glory products!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!