9 Jan 2013

NOTD: Limbo Bimbo + Celebrate

Over the late festive period I saw so many creative and unique nail designs that I wanted to recreate but knew (due to my poor artistic skills) that I wouldn't be able to. But there was one design that really stood out to me, which was the "ombre" glitter nails or (for simple unartistic people like me) putting glitter on half your nails and trying to make it look fancy. 

Photobucket
As you can see the ombre affect didn't work at all. I'm not sure if it was the glitter polish I used or my lack of hand-eye coordination ..I'm thinking it was the latter. Although the ombre look didn't turn out the way it was supposed to I still quite like this look. 

Photobucket

I choose China Glaze's Limbo Bimbo as the main nail shade as it's been quite hot and sunny over here in Sydney Australia, so I thought I would compliment the weather with something bright and fun. For the glitter portion of this look I ended up picking LA Girl's Glitter Addict polish in Celebrate. I think the nail of this polish is pretty much self explanatory as to why I chose it. 

Photobucket

Luckily for me when I first saw the ombre glitter nails the beautiful blogger who posted the NOTD (sorry I can't recall who it was) also provided a little tutorial on how to create the look. All you need to do is just apply the first coat of the glitter polish half way down  your nails, and then once that's dried apply your second glitter coat on a quarter of your nail (or pretty much half way of the first glitter coat) and voila you're done. Yes, it's super duper easy and yet I still managed to stuff it up ha!

Photobucket

However, in my defence I think the ombre affect would look more defined if I used two different types of glitters (small, finely milled glitters for the first coat and then more chunky glitters for the second coat). Oh well, I guess I will have to try out that route in my next manicure. 

Photobucket

I've been wearing these nails for a few days now and still no chips yet hooray! Let's see how long this polish will last for.

Photobucket

I hope you liked this quick and easy look and let me know what nail designs you've been loving lately! Thank you so much for reading and have an amazing day.

xo


58 comments :

  1. They're looking really lovely :)
    Noor @ Noor's Place

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh this is pretty! I don't think you've stuffed it up! I've not tried this NOTD before but I really like it, I think I might give it a shot too!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. very lovely nail design and i loved it ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh this is so cute, it looks good to me! Truth be told, I truly suck at nail art. I usually just do something different on my ring finger and call it a day!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. wau, the color turned out to be so flashy and neon-like. suits you nicely ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. perfect!

    come to me ^^
    http://prettykattyhouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is such a cute look I want to try it! I have some bright pink nail varnishes that need using up too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this looks great on you,and the pink is so pretty very summery :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty combination, I like it.
    I'm a new follower of your blog, love your posts! (:

    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty :) I love it♥ It may not turn out to what you wanted but still it is lovely! :) I'm a pinkaholic so I love anything that is pink :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! I did mine sort of similar for new years, but they don't look how I imagined when I do it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm hopeless at nail art! I attempted something like this and mine fell flat ... I don't know why I can't seem to get the ombre/gradient effect to look right :p But this is a cute design and very fun and festive, even if it didn't turn out completely as you would've liked hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your nails are so nice!! I love the name of the pink it's so cute :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is such cute idea. i have seen it done the other way around with the glitter at the top but i really like this. thanks for giving me the idea next time i paint my nails!

    http://www.lovefromberlin.net/
    xx rae

    ReplyDelete
  15. that is such a cute shade!! i love the glitters too, kinda reminds me of The Living Daylights from the OPI Skyfall Collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that touch of glitter! I just love glitter in general but I HATE removing it HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  17. That glitter is soo gorgeous! And it looks lovely paired with the pink!

    ReplyDelete
  18. must try it! just bought a glitter nail polish...

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love glitter nail polish, i love the idea of only covering half the nail!
    http://jodie-melissa.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely mani! I love how you put the glitter on the bottom instead of on top!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's very Girly, and I want to try it :)
    Really Love the Glitters you put.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely color and so match with blue glitter..
    the combination looks gorgeous..

    ria rose

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very petty nail color. Loos like confetti.

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow great trick to use two different type of glitters :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. that is seriously so pretty. i love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love this glitters !
    That could be more beautiful with a dark color!

    ReplyDelete
  27. You should try polish brand of nail polishes - Inglot :)
    + I love this glitter on your nails :D

    ReplyDelete
  28. a really nice match up and such a cute idea to do half the nail with the glitter I never would of thought of that :) thank you

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love its bright and chic color! I'll definitely try that nail art :) And so easy too.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such a pretty combination :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love the combo of pink and glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love it! I have troubles with figuring out how to do a pink i like and I really like this, I'm gonna do it!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your nails look so pretty here! I love the 2 polishes together and how you've done the glitter! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  34. O God... very cute....!!! >.<

    ReplyDelete
  35. i always love pink and glitter! a pretty combination ^ ^

    ReplyDelete
  36. love the colors here! for some reason it totally reminds me of barbie! in a good way :] i think it's the electric pink. either way love the combo

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love the combo,that pink it's awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. this combo is really nice! I like that it has that summery feeling to it

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love this! So pretty and bright!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Very pretty!It last very long because of glitter i think!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. That looks so nice! I like how you put the glitter closer to your cuticle, as opposed to the tip of the nail, makes it look unique!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love ombré glitter nail art! I never get to do it well :( but you did! love the colours!!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!