3 Dec 2012

Review: Jemma Kidd Mini I-Conic Eyeliner Pencil Set

Last week during my procrastination of studying for my final exam I had a little browse on ASOS, cause there's nothing like a bit of online window shopping to get you through exam periods. Whilst looking through the beauty section I stumbled across the mini eyeliner set by Jemma Kidd - and to my surprise this set was on sale for only $1.70! Yes, you read that right - $1.70. I actually thought the ASOS website had a glitch in their system, but luckily they were in fact this dirt cheap. I certainly was not going to pass up this bargain and straight into the cart it went.


During normal spending occasions, I will research beauty product for reviews before I buy them or buy products that others have suggested or have raved on about, as I don't like to spend money on a product if it ends up being crap. However on this occasion,  I actually never heard or read anything about Jemma Kidd eyeliners before, but I decided to give them a go anyways considering it was only a measly $1.70. 


The set includes 4 mini versions of the Jemma Kidd I-Conic Eye Liner Pencils, in the shades 08 Screen Siren (black), 06 Supermodel (brown), 03 Pin Up (blue) and 04 Drama Queen (green). I found that most of these do have a slight metallic sheen to them when examined in different lighting. 



What I love about these liners is that the lid comes with a built in sharpener! Unlike most other built in sharpener lids, these don't look tacky and cheap - the sharpener itself  is disguised into the lid. The metal cap onto top easily pops off and TA DA there's the sharpener. By just twisting the cap and you will have a freshly sharpened pencil every time you go to line your eyes/waterline!



These mini-sized pencils are perfect for travelling as they fit into the smallest of bags/pouches - which is extremely convenient. These bad boys apply supper smoothly and glide easily onto the lids. Unlike a few other pencils I've tried these don't tug or scratch your lids during application, hence irritation free! 



Not only do these apply easily, they are also extremely long lasting. Although I do tend to get quite watery eyes/oily eye lids the Jemma Kidd I-Conic Eyeliner Pencils were able to stay on my lids all day and smudge free. This is definitely one of the most important factors when it comes to eye liners in my opinion. 



As the name states, these are the mini versions of the regular I-Conic liners, so they are quite tiny. The photo below shows you the size comparison of one and a MAC lipstick. As you can see, it is slightly bigger than the lipstick, which is quite a decent size for a mini liner. I usually never finish an eyeliner before I end up chucking it out anyway, so I actually prefer this size!



Unfortunately I don't think this set is available anymore on the ASOS website, as it probably did sell out due to the incredible price. But hopefully they will restock sometime soon and it will be on sale again. 


Thanks for reading and I hope you have an incredible weekend! 

xo


26 comments :

  1. I love eye liners that last long as most of them tend to fade quickly on me. These look super bright and pigmented xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome deal :) that green one would be beautiful for a pop of colour!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is definitely a great bargain! love the shades of the eyeliners!

    http://www.kellinasthoughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bright blue shade!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i managed to get some of these too! bargin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pigmentation on these looks really great! Lovely colors too :)

    xx Ellie
    www.ellalogy.com 

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a bargain! I love finding things like this randomly! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. An absolute bargain wow! Such a great buy, I would be so happy with it! Loving the shade Supermodel, I'm in love with brown/shimmery eye liners :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. the eyeliners are so pretty!! ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow what an awesome steal! Goddamit that blue is too pretty for words! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh wow, that was such an awesome bargain! i wanna cry coz i missed out on it :( hope they restock and still have the sale price, lol. the colours are gorgeous! thanks for the swatches my love. xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, I would've definitely rushed to put this in my cart if I saw it for $1.70! That's so cool that you managed to nab this one :) Even though they are small, I agree that I hardly finish off a whole eyeliner (or anything makeup related), so the smaller size isn't such a big issue for me. The inbuilt sharpener is so nifty! The brighter colours would be so much fun for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. they look lovely, great for a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  14. these look great and so easy to use!

    DESPINA
    deb_oro@yahoo.gr

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loved the review, nice colors! thank you so much! <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just LOVE those blues! I must order these and try them out!!:D I am really a sucker for all eyes things...and just make-up generally. wonderful blog!
    hugzzz

    ReplyDelete
  17. Can't wait to try this eyeliners on:) xoxo♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great colors and I love the built-in sharpener :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love it, thanks for the prize ^^

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow.. this is very pigmented..!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!