21 Dec 2012

NOTD: Essence's Twilight Collection - Edward's Love

After hearing much hype about the Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2 Collection by Essence, I was finally able to pick up two polishes from the line - one of which is Edward's Love. Although I'm not a big fan of Twilight (I actually kind of loathe it) the products features in this collection looked too good to pass up. 


Photobucket

First off I want to apologise for the shocking photos! This polish is without a doubt one of the most difficult polishes to photograph! 90% of the photos I took either had terrible lighting, was blurry or you just couldn't see the lovely silver iridescence in the polish. But hopefully these photos will kind of do this polish justice.

Photobucket
 Photobucket

Edward's Love is a black jelly nail polish with silvery grey flakes (or maybe finely milled silvery grey glitter, it's a little hard to tell). Unlike other glittery type polishes from Essence, I found this one to be quite thick/gloopy. However, it was still quite easy to apply and only need two coats to reach full opacity, unlike their regular permanent polishes which usually need 3 coats. It lasted quite well as well - it took approx 4 - 5 days before chipping on my nails.

Photobucket


I'm not going to lie - I was a little disappointed with this nail polish. Before putting it on, I thought it was going to look absolutely stunning and eye-catching but once I applied it, it just looked flat and boring. It didn't have that gorgeous glossy finish that I thought it would either, so I had to use my Essence Gel-Look top coat on it as well. In certain lighting this does look quite aesthetically appealing, but overall it's nothing groundbreaking. 

Photobucket

Despite being a little disappointed it still is a quite a nice polish and certainly a nice alternative to wearing just a plain black polish. The other nail polish I purchased from this collection is Alice Had A Vision - Again, which I will do a NOTD post on very soon. I'm hoping this collection isn't sold out just yet, because I really want to get my hands on Jacob's Protection and A Piece of Forever.

Have you purchased anything from the Twilight Collection? 

xo


37 comments :

  1. oOoo~ it still looks pretty~love the glitter<3

    xoxo
    EV
    eviiarty.blogspot.com
    Holiday Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks nice :)
    I didn't buy anything from the Twilight Collection because nothing caught my eye to be honest. I'm not a big glitter fan or a Twilight fan actually :P It's okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks nice. I only got the blush and a lipgloss from this collection but I wish I got some polishes and the shimmer powder.
    Can't wait to see the NOTD with Alice has a vision - again (which is the polish I wanted the most)

    ReplyDelete
  4. super love the glitter.. ^^
    Zy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice color! Since im a true twilight fan i think i should get one ;)

    www.tlnique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooohhhh, your nails look so mysterious hun! =D but i know what you mean by being disappointed with the nail polish, it still not that bad though :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want the nail polishes but can't find it anywhere

    aussiehearts.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha I had no idea they made twilight nail polish! I do love this color though, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They have twilight inspired nail paints? LOL :D But I like the color. Not blain old boring black right?

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love essence products..unfortunately, this Twilight Collection doesn't arrive to Malaysia yet..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah, it looks like it would be a lot more glamorous...
    Too bad it didn't work out as well as you had hopes... -.-

    ReplyDelete
  12. I kind of hate twilight too, but I loved the polishes from this collection!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. i'm right there with you, I don't like Twilight that much, but I do love this color!

    Caged In Clothes | mark. eBoutique

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a shame that this polish disappointed you! The glitters dispersed throughout the black polish look quite nice though :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow I love this colour not sure if it is selling in Malaysia. :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is a gorgeous colour! Perfect for winter, too dramatic for summer time at the moment :P

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous colour!! I love dark nail polish in the A/W

    www.ohmygoshmake-up.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I didn't get anything from this collection, but my sister got the violet nail polish for her birthday. I have to try it out! :D

    Sandra from The Puzzle of Sandra's Life

    ReplyDelete
  19. The Twilight collection didn't really appeal to me, so I didn't get anything. Am looking forward to the Snow White collection to appear on my Target Essence stand though!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. First time I see Twilight nail polish...haha. Didn't know they have an entire collection as well.

    I like Twilight and was even crazy enough to go for the Twilight movie marathon which screened all 5 movies in about 12 hours.

    But I don't think I'll be getting their nail polish collection as I am not a fan of getting my nails painted ...or maybe that's just coz I am lazy to do it myself and too poor to get it done by someone else...hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  22. the name suits the color. pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Uh ohhh~ Breaking dawn <3 Good color and suits perfectly with the name :p

    ReplyDelete
  24. The color is not bad. The shimmer and glitter in is makes it appealing to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  25. The glitter really makes the difference as sometimes black can be too much by itself

    ReplyDelete
  26. It's kinda flat but I like that it has glitters coz it makes it a not so boring color.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I didn't know about this collection, i like this color. I am not a twilight person, but I am a polish addict, i like the flat shimmer on this

    ReplyDelete
  28. wahh~ I love the color and glitters! <3

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!