18 Nov 2012

My Lipstick Collection: MUA

Another lipstick collection post for you today, if you haven't read my previous one about my MAC collection then you can head over and read it here. I'm kind of having a cheat day today as this post is focused on my MUA lipsticks - but I've already posted a review and swatches on these in this post. So if you want to read a full in-depth review on the MUA lipsticks you can read that post - today however I will be doing actual swatches on my lips which I hadn't shown in the other post. 



Without a doubt these lipsticks are great value for money. At only £1 ($1.50AUD) the quality is actually appaluseable and great for everyday use. A few of the shades I own are little sheer, but the other are amazingly pigmented and moisturising! So the shades I own are 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 12 and 16.

 (L-R) MUA Lipsticks in 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 12 & 16

And now time for the lip swatches! I also just realised I also have shade 8 in my collection that is not featured in the above photos. I had forgotten that I had won shade 8 in a giveaway a couple of months ago - whoops! Oh and excuse the dodgy photos and the specks of Lush's Lip Scrub still visible around my mouth, obviously I was too keen to take the photos to remove it all off! Haha. 

 Shade 3 
 Shade 4 
(this shade was hardly noticeable on the lips, only a slight colour pay-off)
 Shade 5
(Same story as Shade 4, except this one has flecks of glitter in it and slightly more frosty)
 Shade 6
 Shade 7
(sorry, a tad blurry!)
 Shade 8
 Shade 12
shade 16


I hope you enjoyed my lip swatches! Doing lip swatches are so much more harder than normal swatches! I found that I had to take multiple photos of the same shade and it took me 3 times longer! Ahhh, but it's totally worth it for you readers! Let me know what your favourite shades are - mine are definitely 3, 6 and 12! Oh and right now, MUA is having a 35% off everything + free international shipping promotion!!! Bargain! Definitely head over and pick up some goodies - I've already put in my order a couple of days ago ;)

As always, thank you so much for reading! I hope you're all having a fabulous weekend and I will talk to you guys soon! :) xo


40 comments :

  1. Thanks so much for the swatches lovely! I was thinking of picking some of these up in the current sale :D I like shade 7 and 16 the most!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. MUA offer such a nice range of colours! there such good value aswell!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shade 8 is just wow! Adding it to my must have list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shade 16 is my fave :)
    Thanks for the swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How amazing are your lips!!!
    I have 4 MUA lipsticks and I adore them, so great for only $1.50
    After seeing this I think I need more haha xo

    http://leahjasmine.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! I love lip swatches and I've recently become interested in these lipsticks x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shade 3 looks fab! I definitely need to get some MUA lipstick soon.

    Sandra from The Puzzle of Sandra's Life


    ReplyDelete
  8. Shade 3 is my favourite! You have a really nice lip shape by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. loving shade 3 and 8, so bright and stunning on your lips and I'm sure on your complexion too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow lovin all of the shades, really pretty!

    http://myfashionfoodstyle.blogspot.co.il/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the lip swatches, they look wonderful! What a bargain these lipsticks are too. I quite like shade 3 and 6 :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The pink shades are my favourite, great selection of lipstick! X

    http://Heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the swatches! I ordered some of MUA a few days ago - 4,5,14,15. Can't wait to get them now :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVELY! I loooove the first shade, it's gorgeous, and so is you lip piercing, sexy :p

    http://luxuriouskin.blogspot.pt/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow I love this post, shade 8 has to be my favorite :D
    xx
    http://ilestbeffun.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love these colors! Number 3 is my favorite.

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are beautiful! I think shade 8 is perfect for this time of year. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog dear, I love yours!!

    Ellie @ Ellalogy 

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like your blog! Would you like to follow each other? :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. All the colors are so pretty! That lip stud looks so painful.

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are really gorgeous colours. The last one is my favourite.

    PS: I would like to invite you to enter the inHomewares giveaway at my blog. Enter for your chance to win $50 voucher! http://www.underlockandkeyblog.com/2012/11/inhomewares-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh gosh I love them all! Are they very long lasting? I might just have to buy a few in the sale (so cheap and free shipping, can't really go wrong haha)

    xx Shell

    ReplyDelete
  22. such pretty colours!! I want 3, 7 & 16! I just checked the sale and all the good stuff must have gone :( x

    ReplyDelete
  23. thanks for sharing the swatches! really helpful ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like the look of the last shade it's super pretty. I love how you swatched them all on your lips it gives a better idea of what they're like!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great post, I ordered a few of these lipsticks so it was nice to see some swatches!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. oOo~ lovely post~ & your lips are divine<3 ^.^

    By the way, loving your blog- following~

    xoxo
    EV
    eviiarty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. yayy for lip swatches!! red looks so gorgeous on your lips, it suits great with your skin complexion, i have fair complexion too but red, especially orangey red types don't really suit me, hehe. thanks for these lovely swatches! can't wait to get more MUA lippies when they're back on stock :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. They are really great for their price!!! Gonna buy them definitely!!

    Neha
    letstalkabouteverything1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. OMG I'm soooo in love with those shades !

    ReplyDelete
  30. beautiful swatches love to get them in collection

    ReplyDelete
  31. I have already added three lipsticks from this range after looking at these swatches...thanks for sharing them...the swatches available on the website are useless :(

    ReplyDelete
  32. This will come in handy big time next time I order from them because one time I ordered a blush according to the color on their site and I got it and it wasn't even close!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Shade number 12 & shade number 3 are my favorites! :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. I ordered no.14 - hope its nice like these are =)

    ReplyDelete
  35. shade 16 is gorgeous :) Very nice collection.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Did you use lipgloss or lipbalm under these lipsticks? because I have bought quite a few of the mua lipsticks and none of them are moisturising enough, I have to use something that does have moisture underneath the lipstick to get a nice healthy look. Or else it looks dry and cakey.

    ReplyDelete
  37. mua are great for a really budget brand, great post, going to pick some up soon :)

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!