6 Oct 2012

Review + Swatches: Rimmel Goodies

Just over a month ago, before going on my make-up spending ban, I was casually browsing through Priceline when I noticed they were having a "free gift with purchase" on Rimmel products. I had already planned on grabbing a few goodies from Rimmel, so it was legit the perfect timing!



Over the past few weeks, I've been reading quite a few posts raving about how much they loved the 'new' Rimmel Match Perfection Blush. So of course after reading all those lovely posts, it made me want to try it out. When swatching this product in store I instantly fell in love with the different shades. Rimmel's Match Perfection is described to "perfectly mimics skin’s texture and tone while giving a beautifully natural flush of colour. Smart-Tone Blush technology perfectly blends 3 blush tones to easily sculpt and adapt to your face contours. Pink Sapphire pigments give fresher, more natural colour.



This blush is available in four shade selections that ranges from 'Light', 'Light Medium,' 'Medium', and 'Dark'. The shade I picked up was the Medium shade - which includes a light caramel beige, a soft chocolate brown and a light peachy coral. I thought all three colours looked gorgeous in the pan - but it does look a little off-putting. 



I love the texture and formulation of this blush - it's doesn't feel heavy (it's actually quite light) and has a lovely silky texture with subtle golden shimmers. Application and blending of this blush is amazing as the the powder is so finely milled. Although, I'm quite heavy handed when it comes to blush application, which means I have to watch out when using extremely pigmented blushers, I feel as though I won't be able (at least be very hard) to ever over do this blush. Rimmel's Match Perfection Blush definitely matches your skin tone just right as it always gives the skin a natural glow and never too bright. 


(1-3) Each individual shade (4) All shades Blended

In the picture above you can see the each different shade in the pan swatched by themselves, and then the last swatch is all the shades together. The final shade is a lovely golden peachy shade which definitely complements my yellow skin tone. On another note, the design on the blush is also quite lovely. The only downside to this blush for me is the packaging. The clear lid for this blush can easily come off, which makes travelling with this blush a disaster. But other than that mishap, a very lovely blush in deed. I can see why so many people love this blush!


Next up is a product I brought on a whim. I actually have never tried/heard about this product before, until I saw it in Priceline. I was very intrigued by the Rimmel Wake Me Up Instant Radiance Shimmer Touch, as I had no clue whether it would be a hit or miss. I decided to give it a go, when I saw the lovely specks of shimmer bouncing off the back of my hand when I swatched it in store. 


(Swatched)

The Shimmer Touch was desgined to "Instantly lift from fatigue and illuminate any part of your complexion. Ultra blendable cream formula enhanced with radiance pearls instantly sculpts cheeks or highlights brow bones." I ended up choosing the shade Radiant Rose which is a gorgeous pink shade with tiny silver shimmers. I found it was quite simple to blend out if you use the correct amount (which is approx the amount shown in the picture above). Although you can always add more, if you want it to be more noticeable on your skin. Radiant Rose looks gorgeous when blended - and especially when worn lightly over a blush.  

(Blended)

Although the glitters in this product are noticeable, I feel as though it doesn't look too glittery on the face. So if your a bit too afraid to wear any glitters on your face but you would like to experiment, definitely give this a try! I also think this would look amazing worn on a night out/in photos!


Now for the bonus gifts I received with my purchase! There was a choice of two different colour schemes for the bonus gifts - either red or pink. I'm not quite sure why I choose pink, I think because the nail polish was more eye-catching than the red one. I'm glad I choose the pink one though, because the purple eyeshadow quad is gorgeous. 



But before I start rambling on about the quad, first up the Soft Kohl Eyeliner. I remember using a Rimmerl Soft Kohl Eyeliner back when I was first started experimenting with make-up. I haven't been able to actually test it this one though (only swatched), but if I can remember right, this eyeliner was quite smudgy when I use to wear it. And it wasn't very long lasting either. I'm hoping that I'm thinking of a different eyeliner, because I've been loving Rimmel recently and would hate to be disappointed in one of their products. 


(Swatched & then smudged) 

Unfortunately though, as you can see from the swatch above it actually does smudge quite a far bit. This was a little let down but hopefully I can make it work somehow. Does anyone have any tips?


Next up is the Extra WOW Lash Mascara which is another product I haven't been able to try out as of yet. I don't want to try this mascara just yet, because I only just opened another mascara (along with others I already have opened), and I don't want to keep using more and more mascaras. Hopefully, I will be able to do a proper review of this mascara in the future if I do think it is worth sharing! Have any of you tried this mascara before? Do you like it?



Now for the nail polish. I'm quite excited to wear this nail polish - the shade looks gorgeous and I already have a few Rimmel polishes that I love! Hopefully this one is no different and will become one of my favourites!



And lastly, the best product (in my opinion) from the free gift set is the Rimmel Glam Eyes HD Quad. Just the look of the product alone is to die for - it's very patriotic as the colours form the Union Jack! The only downside to this though is that it is a little difficult to dip your brush in just ONE shade and it is even more difficult when you're trying to swatch with your fingers!



Rimmel's Glam'Eyes HD eyeshadow quad is deemed to be a "creamy powder eyeshadow with Velvet-HD technology creates colour that looks perfect under any light. Prismatic pigments catch light at multiple angles, reflecting the ideal colour for the light you are in. Unique palettes of 4 shades expertly coordinated to work in sequence, adapting as light changes to give perfectly complementary effect in any light. Crease-proof colour lasts all day." Pigmentation of these eyeshadow gets a big fat tick - the pigmentation is amazing. Each shade has a ton of colour pay-off (even the lightest shade, which I was a little skeptical about). With one/two swipes of each shade you can achieve intense colour. They are also extremely creamy and easy to blend as well. 



For creasing, I did notice that that the shadows do eventually crease (like many other eyeshadows) without any primer. However when combining the shadows with a primer, they are more vibrant and definitely last a longer amount of time. So overall, these shadows were quite impressive. 

I'm so glad I decided to pick up these products from Rimmel - especially the eyeshadow quad, match perfection blush and shimmer touch. These products have definitely made Rimmel one of my go-to drugstore brands! 


Have you tried any of these Rimmel products before?

xo


36 comments :

  1. Love the look of the blusher x

    http://heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blusher is amazing and it's so pretty! :)

      Delete
  2. Great goodies :) I love Rimmel polishes :)

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I need to buy more of their polishes as they're so good and affordable! :)

      Delete
  3. ooooo the blush looks so pretty!!

    Laura x

    demure-porcelain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Rimmel has designed it really well! It's so pretty -I almost didn't want to use it haha!

      Delete
  4. The blusher looks cute! :)

    www.cutedumpling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the design of the blush! :)

      Delete
  5. I haven't tried any of the products above before, but I would LOVE to try out the "Wake Me Up Instant Radiance Shimmer Touch" and the "Rimmel Glam Eyes HD Quad" sometime soon o: !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really recommend both products to you! They're inexpensive and great quality! :)

      Delete
  6. Oooh, I haven't heard about the blush - it looks gorgeous!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a good quality blush - you should give it a try :)

      Delete
  7. I swatched the new highlighter the other day too - there was one that really reminded me of Benefit girl meets pearl. Once I'm off my spending ban I will pick it up and do a comparison post for sure. I also hate those bloody lids too!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, such flimsy lids! I really want to try out the other highlighter - they both look amazing! :)

      Delete
  8. The eyeshadows look really shimmery and pigmented! And the nail polish is a fun and bright colour :) The Match Perfection blush totally reminds me of Benefit Hervana :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I didn't think about that! I must do a comparison with the two ;)

      Delete
  9. The GWP looks great! The quad is gorgeous! Shame about the eyeliner though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a let down with the eyeliner, but all the other products make up for it! :)

      Delete
  10. oh wow, i love this set! looks so amazing :) i really like the shades of the blushes and the eyeshadows. The colours are really fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the purple shades in the eyeshadow quad! It would be great for a night out :D

      Delete
  11. Lovely Rimmel products! The blush looks really nicen and radiance shimmer is absolutely beautiful :) Loving the colours from the quad too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find that most Rimmel products are good quality for the price! :)

      Delete
  12. Some amazing products here can't believe you got such a good freebie! I love the look of the blush xx
    loveontopxo.blogpspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was quite surprised with the bonus gift as well - I'm so glad I ended up getting it :)

      Delete
  13. The blush & eyeshadow quad look amazing! Also the illuminser looks to die for. I'm really happy with the Rimmel products I have so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm starting to really love Rimmel Products, especially their lipsticks! So pigmented and moisturising :)

      Delete
  14. The wake me up shimmer is one thing I really want to try. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quite lovely for the price - definitely give it a try! :)

      Delete
  15. Haven't tried too much from them but I'm a fan of their waterproof retractable eye pencils...they're very pigmented and long lasting. Tried a foundation, find it too thin. I really like that blush you got, I've yet to have a product like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So I was browsing and checking all your posts and saw this one posted on my B'Day :D
    I observed that all your collections are awesome. Loved all your posts and this one is soooo colorful. what a kit!!! luv d nail color. Its my fav :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well you have to use the mascara since you already opened it and let air in.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Im very pale so blush can easily look overdone on me. I use a stippling brush to apply my powder blushes because only the longer wispy white fibres pick up the colour. If you're heavy handed, try this technique with your pigmented blushes

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi is the blush in 002 or 003?

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!