16 Oct 2012

My Lipstick Collection: MAC

After long contemplation on whether or not to share my lipstick collection, I have decided to give in and bite the bullet. I am an avid lover of lipsticks, and I'm embarrassed to say that I have a ridiculous amount that a normal human being would never be able to finish in one life-time. Although knowing this now, I still tend to buy more here and there - you can obviously tell I have no self-control, haha! Anyways, these lipstick posts will show you lovelies the different shades of lipsticks I own, as well as a little description on the colour and application. Hopefully this will help you decide whether or not to get it in the future! Also, I will be posting these lipstick collections in brands, so stay tuned for more.



Without further ado, here's the first of a few lipstick collection posts, this one will feature my little collection of MAC lipsticks. I currently have 7 in total, but I have to admit I have quite a few more on my wishlist, but I don't think I will be crossing any of those off until next year as I'm trying to not spend anymore money on cosmetics! After IMATS and a few naughty spending sprees online, I definitely cannot spend any more - besides I think my bf would kill me if he found out I spent more money on make-up haha. But hey knowing me I'll end up buying something within a month - crazy lady, yeah I know.



Back to my MAC lipstick collection - I currently own: Kinda Sexy, Pink Nouveau, Angel, Brave, Myth, Rebel and Please me. As you can see from the photo above I have two matte shades (Kinda Sexy & Please Me), one frost (Angel) and four satin finishes (Pink Nouveau, Brave, Myth & Rebel). If you're unsure about the different finishes of MAC lipsticks, here's a little description on the different types that I have taken from Jaci Walker's blog. Her descriptions are amazing and I definitely couldn't have explained it better than her:
Matte:This is just colour with no sheen, glitter, shimmer, iridescent glitter, pearl inflects. This gives you a dry looking lip and the best colour pay off. The flat looking lip can be very drying so use a lip conditioner or moisturiser prior. A matte lipstick is very versatile since you can use them while matte lipsticks are very fashionable, as well as when a different finish is preferred since the colour intensity can be sheered down as a low coverage lipstick with a gloss on top. 
Satin:Very similar to matte, but does not give you the flat look and has a satin-type shine, although gives you the same coverage. Gives you a glossy look and does not dry out your lips as much as the matte finish.  
Amplified Cream:This is the most creamy and shiny lipstick and is very similar to the satin finish. It can come in different finishes as it has a shine; such as an iridescent shimmer or a pearl finish. The colour payoff is the same as the matte and satin finishes. This finish of lipstick may "bleed" a bit on your lips due to the creaminess and there fore a lip-liner should be worn. 
Amplified:Just like the amplified cream finish, without any sheen, shimmer or a pearl finish. Just has colour. 
Frost:Gives a medium-coverage colour payoff and has an iridescent pearl effect, which is also known as a "frost" look. 
Cremesheen:A creamy lipstick similar to the amplified cream finish, but with a better coverage than a luste finish. It gives you the lip gloss or "wet look" finish similar to a luste finish. 
Lustre:This is a sheer type of finish and gives you a lip gloss or "wet look" look on your lips; although it still gives you some colour as it is not as sheer as what a lip gloss would give you. It still maintains the natural colour of your lips underneath, so if you have naturally darker colour lips, the colour payoff may not be great. 
Glaze:The colour looks very beautiful in the stick, but on your lips it is very sheer (more sheer than the luste finish). It gives you a tint, although it is still sheer that you can see the lips underneath. A lip gloss would give you better colour payoff. Also, still if you have naturally darker colour lips, you may not even notice this colour on them. 
Dazzle:Gives you a finish of wearing glitter with a beautiful shimmer, while giving you the same type of finish as a luste lipstick. This type of lipstick may gritty on your lips and you can feel the glitter if you rub your lips together. This lipstick gives light to your lips due the light reflecting off the glitter.
If you haven't seen her blog already, I highly recommend you hop on over and check it out! :)



After seeing this list, it made me realise that I have a minuscule amount of MAC lipsticks. I have seen tonnes of 'makeup collection' videos on youtube and the girls on there have about 20+ MAC lipsticks alone! Seeing that kind of makes me feel better about myself.. but it also makes me want to buy more haha. Anyways, I really want to try Lustre, creamsheen and amplified cream lipsticks next as they sound right up my alley. 

From the swatches below you can see that Kinda Sexy and Please Me (the first and last shade) are very matte and 'dry' looking where as the others do look very creamy and light reflective. Although I do have dry lips, I love to wear both of these matte shades with a lip balm underneath or a lip gloss on top to keep it from drying out. I also advise those who also have dry lips to use a lip scrub before applying any matte lip products - it will help avoid nasty looking chapped lips and sticking to your dry spots! 


Now onto the individual lipstick shade description:

Kinda Sexy - a nude pink with slight brown undertones 

Pink Nouveau - a bright bubblegum pink with slight blue undertones 
Angel - a soft natural pink (this is one of my 'your lips but better' shades)
Brave - a pink beige 
Myth - a light neutral nude (some people like to describe it as a 'flesh toned nude')
Rebel - a burgundy plum
Please me - a muted dusty rosed pink


 (In-direct sunlight)
(shade)

I definitely love all my MAC lipsticks, but the stand outs for me are Rebel, Angel and Pink Nouveau. I hope this post helps you decide what your next (or first) MAC lipstick purchase will be or what kind of finish you want. Stay tuned for more lipstick collection posts in the future!

What's your favourite MAC lipstick?

xo


45 comments :

  1. These lipsticks are beautiful! Lovely swatches as always. Angel, Myth and Please Me are my favourites out of the ones you have :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have angel, brave, please me and rebel too! i LOVE up the amp... it's my fav of the moment! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe I am planning to post my lipstick collection, but by colour. Lovely MAC l/s collection you have there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have them but the ones I am lemming so hard from mac are impassioned, morange, russion red & vegas volt! maybe one day I will have them haha

      Delete
    2. I adore impassioned...in fact I'm wearing it now and am about to write a whole post about it! I also adore Russian Red!

      -Alice
      shinyprettythings-alice.blogspot.co.uk
      x

      Delete
  4. ohh i don't have any one :X but they'r amazing!!!

    http://coisasdanadya.blogspot.com/

    bjo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am dying to get Rebel! I want it so bad!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. i loveee angel!! i have heaps of MAC lipsticks on my wish list including creme de nude, fleshpot, ruby woo and creme cup! love my pinkies and nudes!

    Laura x

    demure-porcelain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am looking forward to peeking more into your collection! I only own 3 Mac lipsticks - Twig, Impassioned and Craving - but I want to get more :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rebel is pretty, though I think it would be too dark for me!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Been eyeing Please Me for sooo long now, it looks great swatched! Thanks!

    http://abundanceoferica.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  10. am so drooling after "kinda sexy"
    bookmarking the page !
    http://www.makeupbeautylounge.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my gosh.. oh my gosh..!!!
    you have fab collection :):)

    ReplyDelete
  12. great colors! i have angel and LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. All the colours here are really pretty. I think Rebel would be an amazing colour for this Fall when the weather gets a bit more colder and there is an emphasis on more plummy wine colours, but i am not brave enough to sport this shade. Angel is going to be my next lipstick that i am going to choose when i have collected enough empty containers to do a back to mac :) Thanks for sharing you lovely collection and the swatches.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have kinda sexy too! xx

    www.ajumpinmargaretslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love rebel so much!

    from helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ps. make sure you've entered my giveaway to win 30 beauty products inc. essie, EOS and more! it's worldwide too :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really want to try pink nouveau, it looks lovely!
    http://jodie-melissa.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have a fabulous collection, definitely spotted some to put on my wish list xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. =) those shades are amongst my fave as well! you make me wanna share some of mine too! Great collection i think i need rebel in my life!

    http://katy009fashionagent.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. great picks!!! nice shades!^^

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love lipsticks <3 Dw, I'm sure many of us are guilty of being more even when we don't need more!

    Lovely lipsticks you got there:)
    My mac lipstick collection: None

    Haha, but I really want to get Angel :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Pink Nouveau is my fave!! such a perfect pink =D I love your collection, the colours are really diverse and the shades are all gorgeous, we have the same taste in lip colours! :) i can't wait to get more MAC lippies. xo

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh wow, you've just made me put Kinda Sexy, Angel, Brave and Please Me on my wishlist! can't be a good thing haha, great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely collection. I really want Rebel but I've stuck myself on a spending ban so it's going to have to be one for the christmas list!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely collection darling! I need to purchase Rebel sooner or later because I have heard so many fantastic things about it.

    Amy xo
    www.theprettyvain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Definitely jealous of your collection! makes me want to go out and buy a lipstick pronto :)

    xo, samantha
    sammyblackwood.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. BEAUTIFUL collection! :) I love REBEL and PINK NOUVEAU! :)


    New follower here!

    ♥,
    Shari
    The Misty Mom

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the variety of colours that you have here! They swatch beautifully :) The description of the different finishes of MAC lipsticks - I always wanted more information about that!

    ReplyDelete
  28. MAC cosmetics are such must-haves, I have a growing collection myself, and I am yet to be disappointed, and honestly, I doubt I could ever be disappointed with their products. :)
    x

    www.leesa-lovelorn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am in LOVE with your mac lipstick collection!! *0*

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love watch me simmer which was a limited edition lipstick. I wish I was faster in getting it as they're obviously not available now but the shade is gorgeous. It's the perfect pink coral!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm drooling right now, every single colour you own is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. gud collection of lipstick i wish i could add all this in my collection

    ReplyDelete
  33. Good collection of wonderful lipstick :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. I stand at the lipstick section in mac just drooling just don't know which one to buy first :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. you have to try shy girl!! you'll love it :) it's sort of a peach nude tone colour :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love them, my favourite of your collection is Rebel, I think. And my least favourite Pink Nouveau. Pink doesn't suit me.
    Awesome collection, by the way (:

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!