30 Oct 2012

My Current Favourite Nail Polishes

Let me just start off saying that I don't tend to wear make-up/nail polish depending on the season - I usually will just wear whatever I feel like no matter the season (yeah I know I'm a rebel, heh). So today's post will be featuring my current favourite nail polishes - hereby meaning my most worn polishes or the polishes I will usually gravitate towards. It's no surprise that I'm a glitter/fun bright coloured nail polish wearing girl - I think this is mostly because I like to wear plain bold coloured clothing with subtle designs/patterns, which means I have to be creative through my nail polish!




The first three nail polishes that I constantly sport are from Essie. For some reason, I adore Essie's light/pastel polishes. I feel as though they are much better quality than other brands that have pastel colours and they are also much more opaque and long lasting. 


A Cut AboveThis is from Essie's Luxeffects collection which was a set of 5 multidimensional glitter top coats. Because they are top coats, they are intended to use on top of other polishes, but I think they also look quite good by themselves. A Cut Above is clear based polish with pink glitter and iridescence. The glitter in this polish comes in different sizes to add more a dramatic glitter affect to any nail polish look. 


Haute As Hello: From the 2010 Summer collection, this polish is perfect for the Spring/Summer time as it's bright, fun and flirty. Haute As Hello compliments tanned skin perfectly as it makes the colour 'pop' even more as it does have a satin finish. If you're a lover of peachy/orange shades then this is the perfect shade for you!


Absolutely Shore: Another Summer Collection polish but from 2011, Absolutely Shore is a foolproof way to get into the warmer weather. This would also look gorgeous during Winter time to add a little colour to the drab weather. Absolutely Shore is described as a "pale, sea foam green" which is a very accurate description in my opinion. 




Next up I have two China Glaze Polishes and one from OPI. These colours are more bold and eye catching when worn. 


China Glaze's For Audrey: This polish was originally released by China Glaze as part for the 2007 limited edition collection called Something Blue (Tiffany & Co. inspired), but because of the popular demand for this it became a part of the permanent line. If you're looking for the perfect robin's egg blue shade then look no further - For Audrey dries with a creme finish that is able to suit any body looking for the perfect Tiffany blue colour.


China Glaze's First Class Ticket: Released in the Vintage Vixen 2010 Collection, First Class Ticket is a gorgeous dark vampy blue toned purple. At first, it does look like a dark navy blue, but when applied onto the nails, it uncannily looks purple. This polish has gorgeous blue micro glitters/iridescence which can be seen in direct sunlight. 


OPI's Dim Sum Plum: From the OPI 2010 Hong Kong Collection, this polish (as the name suggests) is a cool pink toned plum creme. This is one of the shades I will always go back to and wear as it just compliments my skin tone (and probably a lot of others as well) amazingly. 




And lastly, I have a few miscellaneous polishes from various brands that I certainly could not live without. Of course I have to include more glitter polishes and two bright and fun shades. 


L.A Girl's Celebrate: Perfect for laying over another polish, Celebrate is a gorgeous mixed glitter polish. With having both large chunky glitter pieces as well as finely milled iridescence this is the type of polish you should be wearing when you're in the mood for partying. 


Butter London's Trout Pout: From the Summer 2012 collection, Trout Pout is a gorgeous coral pink creme. This definitely a great shade to wear during summer as it's bright and fun, but still subtle enough to get away with being pastel-y. 


Essence's Blue AddictThis Essence polish is a blue jelly consistency with different sized hexagon glitter of different tones of blue and green. It is renown to be the perfect dupe for Deborah Lippmann's Across The Universe for just a smidgeon of the price. 


Sally Hansen's Blue Me Away!: From the Xtreme Wear Collection, Blue Me Away! is the perfect sky blue creme. It's extremely vibrant and the colour perfectly suits the spring/summer weather. 




I hope you guys enjoyed my selection of favourite nail polishes at the moment. Let me know what some of your favourites, I would love to try out a few new polishes once I get off my spending ban! Thanks for reading & have an amazing day!


xo


43 comments :

  1. Great post! I like another blue from Sally Hansen called Pacific Blue :) I don't own a single one of these polishes. I think I NEED to get For Audrey, it's such a perfect Tiffany Blue.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh yes, I've heard about Pacific Blue - that's next on my nail polish wish list :) xx

      Delete
  2. so many pretty bottles))) I love Blue Addicted and For Audrey - they are some of my favorite polishes. Although as I now have over 450 bottles it's very hard to play favorites))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! 450?!?!!?! That is crazy! My nail polish collection is minuscule compared to yours! I would love to see a nail polish collection on your blog :D

      Delete
  3. Lovely polishes :)
    I like all the blue ones.. hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, someone has a blue fetish! :D

      Delete
  4. For Audrey is a classic. They're all lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome picks! I've been dying to try out For Audrey. It's such an adorable shade and I love the name :)

    http://abundanceoferica.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely get your hands on it! It truly is a gorgeous shade :D

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous polishes, i LOVE that Essie polish, stunningg!

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Butter London shade and the Essie A Cut Above are my favourite :)
    LaceyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a yummy post. I really want to try Essie but unfortunately haven't spotted them where I live. The pictures are so attractive, so colorful! I love the butter london shade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, you should try looking online! There's some great deals floating around :) xx

      Delete
  9. I have A Cut Above and Absolutely Shore on my desk as I type! Great picks :) And thanks for the heads up about the online sales as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries. You have the best NOTD posts, so that means a lot! :Dxx

      Delete
  10. Awesome colours :) I have been lusting over 'For Audrey' for some time now, waiting on it to arrive in the mail :D the LA glitter one looks awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll definitely fall in love once you get it :D xx

      Delete
  11. Awesome colours! Blue Me Away is such a poppy colour, looks great!

    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I love bold colours :D

      Delete
  12. i'm not much of a fan of nail polishes but i love the colour selections that you have! the OPI and China Glaze are amazing colours, love them ALOT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. AWESOMEPOLISHES. ! Essie, OPI, China Glaze, Butter London, you've gotten me falling in love with them all over again !








    I've got a giveaway on my blog, feel free to check it out: http://liviingthemomentum.blogspot.com.au/2012/10/giving-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I don't know whether that is a good or a bad thing for you! :)xx

      Delete
  14. Nice colours you have! I love the essie's A cut Above, OPI's Dim Sum & LA Girl's Celebrate!

    Witha
    www.withapinkie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always have the lemming for Haute As Hello. I love your favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful polishes! I'm loving the For Audrey and the Butter London polish! Gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear. I love both of those polishes too :Dxx

      Delete
  17. Great post! I have my eye on quite a few of those colors!
    How did you get ahold of essie and china glaze in Australia?
    xx
    beautybynaynay.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the look of Essie - A Cut Above! So pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic I love trout pout a great colour and an even better name !!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome polishes, I love Essie!

    ReplyDelete
  21. i love the Essie's Haute as Hello colour!so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I`m also in the club of Essie`s Haute as hello- lovers :)

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!