2 Oct 2012

IMATS Sydney 2012 Haul!

So as some of you know, on Saturday a couple of days ago I attended Sydney IMATS! I have been waiting for IMATS for the longest time and I'm so sad that I have to wait another year. But with that being said, I did go a little crazy at IMATS this year and bought a whole bunch of goodies that I'm quite happy to share with you. But after this spending craze, I'm unfortunately back on a make-up ban until the end of the year.


Similarly with my first IMATS (last year) I bought quite a few products that I hadn't tried before, but have heard amazing raves about. I think that factor contributed to my over spending as I really wanted to get my hands on these products and test them out for myself. I also think my non-existent self control had a helping hand as well haha. This post will just show you lovelies which products I did end up purchasing, and hopefully will be doing in-depth reviews on most or all products mentioned. 


First product I want to show you guys, is this large empty magnetic palette called "MyIpalette" which is quite similar to the popular Z Palettes. I was so excited when I saw this as I've been dying to buy the Z Palettes online but the shipping price just puts me off. So this is an amazing alternative - the only thing I'm disappointed with this is that I didn't buy more! I really wish I bought about 5 and not just 1 haha!


Next, I splurged a little on Inglot shadows and blushers. There were so many gorgeous shades to choose from and I wanted to buy all of them - it's such a shame I'm not a millionaire haha! I decided to pick shades that were a little different to what I already had in my collection. I really wanted to pick all neutral shades, but then I thought to myself why would I need to add more neutral shadows to my collection when I already have quite a few good quality ones at home. So these shades are a little different yet very wearable. The shadows I chose are number: 46, 460, 419, 12, 75, 450 & 610. For the blushers, I choose a light shimmery pink (45) and a darker brown to use as a contour colour (51)


Also, I decided to not put them shadows and blushers in the Inglot Freedom Systems palettes, as I thought they looked better in the MyIpalette and I could also put a variety of shadows and blushers in one palette instead of just getting a palette just for eyeshadows and one just for blushers.


I also splurged on a few MAC products at IMATS. I'm so glad I went early to MAC as all their products were being sold out so fast. The two lipsticks I desperately wanted were already sold out by 9am (IMATS opened at 8:30!!!) - also I went back to MAC around 1pm to see if they did a restock of any sort, but unfortunately they hadn't and there were only 8 lipstick shades left available! I'm so devastated I didn't get my hands on those lippies! Anyways, I purchased a blusher in Breezy, a paint pot in Groundwork, an empty pro blusher palette and brush cleaner.


(Breezy & Groundwork)

FINALLY I have got my hands on the blusher palette! I've been wanting this bad boy for the longest time, and every time I head into MAC they're sold out! So to me, this definitely one of the most exciting things I purchased from IMATS! Time to depot this blushers!


Of course I can't go to IMATS and not buy Lip Tars, I picked up two in shades Memento and Strumpet. These definitely live up to he hype and the colours are just incredible! Although OCC did not attend Sydney IMATS, an Australian online store (I forget what the store is called), which stocks OCC Lip Tars were there, therefore I was lucky enough to buy them! I almost forgot that the online store sold these and only remembered them when I was close to leaving. Thank god they weren't sold out yet and I didn't forget, otherwise I would have been kicking myself!


I also found Smith's Rosebud Salve whilst casually browsing and immediately had to pick it up. I've almost used up mine at home, so fortunately I found this! 


Adding to my MUFE lipstick collection, I picked up two gorgeous shades in 38 and N26. These are the only MUFE products I ended up purchasing, I am a little disappointed I didn't pick up a few Aqua Creams, the Full Cover Concealer or Duo Mat Foundation Powder from MUFE. But I had already spent way over my limit and thought it would be better to not spend even more over than what I already had.


Oh and I purchased these at the PM Studio stand - another Australian online store which stocks quite a few amazing international products. PM Studio is also a stand-alone store in Waterloo I think, so if you're from Sydney definitely go there and get your hands on a few international goodies.


I also purchased a few things by Smashbox at PM Studio stand as well. They were having an amazing discount on Smashbox products, however there were only a limited variety of products available. Being a Smashbox virgin, I decided to try out 4 different products that I knew were not going to disappoint.


I purchased the Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturiser, the Camera Ready Full Coverage Foundation, the Photo Finish Foundation Primer, and an eyeshadow trio in On Stage. Definitely cannot wait to try these lovely products!


And lastly, I wanted to add a few more eye brushes to my collection so I purchased the Revolution Eye Set from Royal & Langnickel. I also wanted to try out the angled kabuki as last year I purchased the standard domed kabuki and have completely fallen in love with it. Hopefully the angled kabuki will be just as good!

Silk Synthetic Angled Kabuki
10 Piece Revoloution Eye Set

So those are all the lovely products I ended up purchasing from IMATS this year. I had an incredible time, but unfortunately I didn't see any other Australian bloggers there. I did bump into a few Australian YouTubers, but I was too shy to actually introduce myself haha! Hopefully next time I will have enough courage to do so.  Oh and I want to mention before I forget that, I was extremely looking forward to splurging on NYX goodies as they were supposed to be there, but unfortunately they were no where to be seen :'( So disappointed! Do any of you Aussies know what happened to NYX?

Anyways, if you were lucky enough to attend any of the IMATS exhibits around the world this year please let me know what you purchased or if you have tried any of these products before let me know as well! Hope you all had an amazing weekend!

xo

55 comments :

  1. the red and black slanted buki is sooo priceless. it has this strangely oriental yet villainy aesthetic to it. what a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love the Kabuki - it's so soft and looks beautiful! :D

      Delete
  2. wow great haul ! im loving the brush set! i cant wait for the 2013 imats here in london! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So jealous that you can attend to the London IMATS - maybe one day I can travel around the world and attend them all! Haha :)

      Delete
  3. So many amazing things!!!

    www.rebekasbeautyworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely. I'm very happy with all my purchases :)

      Delete
  4. Holy! I'm sooo jealous of this! I want reviewsss!! (if you can:) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely will be putting up reviews! Stay tuned :D

      xx

      Delete
  5. WOWW amazing purchases, i love the lipsticks :)

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear :) MUFE lipsticks are amazing

      xx

      Delete
  6. Woooza!!! You lucky lady, you! Looks like you got some pretty amazing products! good for you and enjoy everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those brushes look stunning! That sucks about MAC hey :(
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they should have brought more stock as they could have made so much more money if they did! And I would have been able to get my lipsticks haha!

      Delete
  8. wow you got a lot of goodies from imats! i can't wait for reviews (:

    ReplyDelete
  9. So jealous of your haul! I'm sure I would have picked up the same products as you^^ Can't wait for the in depths reviews :) X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crazy spenders with no self control! :) Will hopefully be putting up reviews from next week onwards :)

      xx

      Delete
  10. How exciting to go to imats I wish it was in Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IMATS is amazing - you should definitely consider flying up next year and attending! :D

      xx

      Delete
    2. Ok I think I'm going to start saving for imats 2013 I'm so jealous of the inglot shadows I'm seeing everyone got the pearl finishes look fantastic

      Delete
  11. Great haul! All of your purchases look amazing! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to start playing with all my new products :)

      xx

      Delete
  12. Oooooo look at that haul! It looks lovely! I'm sorry you weren't able to get your hands on the Mac lipsticks you wanted /:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was quite disappointed they weren't there as they were discounted a little, but I can always grab them in store for full price! :)

      Delete
  13. So. much. lust. for. these. products. I'm jealous!!!

    http://abundanceoferica.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah I heard NYX didn't show up! :(
    You got awesome stuff, the MUFE lipsticks look great!
    I wish I could go to IMATS :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fly over to Sydney! Haha you won't be disappointed! :)

      Delete
  15. We too were super disappointed about NYX! We were both really excited to grab some of their products! You're lucky you got to MAC! We left it a little late and it was just too busy to get near. Can't wait for next year! :) x Thanks for checking out our post by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm already super excited for next year and cannot wait! Hopefully will see you girls there next year :)

      Delete
  16. I'm most excited to read about the OCC lip tars! After hearing so much good stuff about the lip tars, I really want to get my hands on them! =D

    ♡ M.May

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so excited when I saw them at IMATS, as I had also heard so many raves about them! Definitely one of the most exciting products I purchased :)

      xx

      Delete
  17. Such an amazing haul! So jealous of all these items you bought!
    x

    mintslices.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I went a little crazy on the spending haha :)

      Delete
  18. I am so jealous, I wish I went to IMATS... next year :)

    http://kitschsnitch.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely come next year! It's so much fun and it would be lovely to meet you! :D

      Delete
  19. Great haul!!! Wonder if you like the Smashbox primer as much as I do!
    But giiiirrrl, you went crazy! Have fun playing with your new products!!

    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully, the primer will be amazing - I've heard such great things about it!

      xx

      Delete
  20. ahhh so lucky!! i really want to go to IMATS in the future..hopefully next year!

    Laura x

    demure-porcelain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend you going! It's a great experience :)

      xx

      Delete
  21. Great haul!!! Everything looks amazing and how I wish there's IMATS where I live TT^TT I hope you will be reviewing these goodies~~

    Liz
    chewylove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely, I will definitely be doing reviews on these products! :D

      xx

      Delete
  22. Oh HELLO! I also went to Sydney IMATS 2012! The makeup store that stocks OCC Lip Tars is called Scotty's Makeup and Beauty. If you're in Sydney, they have a store in Broadway.

    Sounds like you had a lot of fun! SO DID I! If you want to check out my haul, I did a post on it, too:

    http://www.shamelessfripperies.com/blog/haul-imats-sydney-2012/

    I love your blog by the way, just started following :)
    xxkarima

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that's right it was Scotty's! Thanks for reminding me :)

      I will definitely check out your haul & thanks for following! xx

      Delete
  23. wow!! so many awesome goodies =D glad you enjoyed yourself at IMATS, and a spending craze it was, hehe, it's all worth it though, the products you got are all amazing! you're so awesome to go shopping with. if i was there, i'll probably go crazy as well, lol. can't wait for the reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I think if we both went shopping together, we would seriously blow through every dollar we have saved!! xx

      Delete
  24. wow! that's a great haul! the magnet palette is such a good idea! have never heard about it!

    xoxo
    http://staceyko.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so convenient! You can depot anything into there - and it would save so much space! :)

      Delete
  25. Waw.. so amazing!! I love the brush really.. and the magnet pallete is amazing.. nice to meet you.. :3

    ReplyDelete
  26. i want the NARS! so bad i need to get some, treat myslef ;) lol

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!