28 Oct 2012

Bella Box VS. Lust Have It - October 2012

This month I thought I would do something different than my usual mini separate reviews on the two beauty subscription boxes (Bella Box and Lust Have It) I receive each month. I decided that from now on, I will be doing a comparison of the two boxes side by side in one post to show you beauties which box ended up being superior. I think this is a more fun and exciting way to show you guys what is inside each beauty box :)

Now first things first - delivery time. BB is consistently delivered around the same time each month, which is half way during the month, whereas LHI used to be as well, however during the last couple months it has been delivered during the final days of the month. Which in my opinion find to be quite annoying as I feel as though it takes so, so, so long. But that's just because I'm impatient and I love to receive packages haha. So BB wins this round.

(BellaBox contents)



As October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, both BB and LHI designed their box to be revolved around this theme - celebrating all things pink. It was also BB's 1st birthday, so they decided to donate $1 from each box to the Look Good...Feel Better Foundation - which I find to be quite generous of them. Also, all the brands of the products included in this month's box support a variety of causes and charities. LHI on the other hand have created a box to "help fight breast cancer" - by having their products in a pink ribbon bag. All the proceeds from LHI pamper packs will also be donated to Cancer Council's Pink Ribbon - which is absolutely amazing to hear. Both boxes sound pretty astounding so far.

(Lust Have It contents)

Now onto the actual content of the boxes. I'm not going to lie, when I first received BB I was pretty skeptical as to whether this was going to be another decent box as it was extremely light! When I received LHI it felt quite heavy in comparison. Luckily enough though, BB has yet to disappoint again as I received 8 products - 3 full size and 5 samples - that are all relatively interest me. The only downside to this month's BB is that I received a product twice (Bourjois Smokey Pencil) along with other customers as well, however BB did notify me that I would receive this product prior to delivery and provided me with a $5 credit balance to use on this online store. Which is a great compromise. Oh and the heart chocolate didn't hurt either, haha!


For LHI, I had heard tones of negative feedback from their subscribers about this month's box. Because LHI have a few different "types" of boxes, I was really, really, really hoping I wouldn't be receiving one of those poorly collaborated boxes. Fortunately for me, I received the Bold and Beautiful box which from the feedback on the LHI Facebook was the "best" box of the month and honestly, I couldn't agree more. I actually do quite like this box, there's a few very interesting products and when compared to LHI older's boxes, this definitely is a winner. I received 5 products - 3 full size and 2 samples, yay! - as well as a $15 gift card to Adorn Mineral Cosmetics, a $10 gift card to Kosmea, and a voucher to try LHI's eco box for half. Although I am quite excited to try the 3 full size products, the gift vouchers and the wax strips product does quite dissatisfy me. I would have loved to received 3 extra samples or at least one more full size product instead of the measly gift cards. Also, the Caron Waxaway wax strips only come with 2 strips.. like really? What am I going to wax with 2 measly strips, come on guys. 


And here are a few snaps of each of the boxes' products:

 (BellaBox)

Estee Lauder Resilience Lift, Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in 150 Petal Pusher, DKNY Fresh Blossom Eau So Intense, Clinique Turnaround Concentrate, Klorane Shampoo


 (BellaBox)

Carmex Moisture Plus Lip Balm in Pink, Chocolate Heart, Klorane Conditioner & Bourjois Smokey Pencil in 72 Dark Purple


(Lust Have It)

De Lorenzo Instant Rejuven8 Treatment, Beauty Snaps Lip Revitalizer, Kosmea Rose Hip Oil, Star&Rose Bath Fizzer & Caron Waxaway Wax Strips 

 (Lust Have It)

Adorn $15 Gift Card (whoops accidentally took a photo of the wax strips packet instead of the gift card!), Kosmea $10 Voucher and LHI Eco Box voucher.

So my favourite products this month from both boxes include the Carmex lip balm (my favourite lip balm ever, so glad I don't have to repurchase this after I'm done with the one I'm currently using!), Beauty Snaps Lip Revitalizer, Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Nail polish & De Lorenzo Hair Treatment. I have the most awful dry lips ever, no matter what I do my lips will dry out instantly, but the Carmex lip balm helps to keep my temperamental lips at bay and the lip revitalizer sounds just what I need. These two items are definitely my favourite from the boxes. The De Lorenzo hair treatment sounds like a blast as well - I love trying out new hair care products. As for the Sally Hansen nail polish.. I love nail polish. That is all, haha! 

So who win's this month? I think BB has won once again. IF LHI did include more samples instead of gift vouchers and what not it would have been a tie, but unfortunately they didn't. Hopefully next month will be as promising as this one and hopefully will not contain vouchers!!

If you subscribed to any of these boxes, how did you like them? :)

Thanks for reading! xo


30 comments :

  1. Some amazing goodies in them, I haven't subscribed to any yet though xx
    loveontopxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely check out some beauty boxes in your country. They're a great way to experiment with new products :D xx

      Delete
  2. I like the comparison :D I am loving Bellabox so far, I hope next month is as good!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was hoping it would be a good way to show both the boxes :) xx

      Delete
  3. Ohh, I love everything from the Bellabox this month! And you're right, this is an exciting way to showcase the two subscriptions! Looking forward to the next month's one. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stuff you got this month! <3 :)

    www.cutedumpling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was very happy with both boxes :D

      Delete
  5. I have both these boxes too, and bellabox did win... But mind you, it was their birthday box, and when it was lust have its birthday I think they did have a better birthday box

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? I didn't enjoy LHI's birthday box - it was actually quite disappointing to me.

      Delete
  6. I like the items in BB better :)
    Interesting post :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome stuff in the Bellabox!! Would you like to follow each other on bloglovin and gfc?

    ang-closet365.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm loving this post! Great idea to do a comparison of the two boxes :) The Bellabox definitely looks like a win to me! The Clinique concentrate looks good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you! I was hoping that doing a comparison post would turn out okay :D xx

      Delete
  9. I agree BB seems to have more great items for this month!! Thanks for sharing ^_~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries. I hope you liked the post :D xx

      Delete
  10. Good idea doing a comparison! Sadly I have yet to receive my LHI, much to my disappointment. I also ordered one of the pamper packs from LHI as well, which I also haven't received.
    This month's BB was great though! Very happy with their selections!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bella Box never fails to deliver great products. I cannot wait until this month's box! :D

      Delete
  11. This looks like a good selection of items! I heard in other boxes they give you hair ties lol o.O lol. They didn't skimp here with BB!

    Joyce @ carouselstreet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Yes, I've heard that as well. I'm glad I've never received hair ties in any beauty boxes so far :)

      Delete
  12. I don't subscribe to any boxes but I like seeing what's included in the boxes each month :) The Sally Hansen nail polish looks like a very pretty and polished colour! And at least the inclusion of the Carmex saved you from spending money on buying a new one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know! I'm so glad I got the Carmex lip balm :D

      Delete
  13. Bella Box is definitely better! :) there's more awesome goodies in it that you can actually use :) i love that there's a DKNY perfume sample and the Sally Hansen polish colour is so gorgeous! love it. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, BB is great! Hopefully this month will be the same :) xx

      Delete
  14. Aw your lust have it box has cooler stuff than mine! haha.
    And Bella Box looks way cool. Definately considering joining now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have always been curious about these thanks for the advice :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm subscribed to both... recently I found LHI to be far more impressive than BB. BB is on a downward spiral by not responding to consumer feedback. I hope they will bring their quality back!

    lilynotlouise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!