18 Sep 2012

Review + Swatches: Stila Natural Beauty Eyeshadow Palette

About 3-4 weeks ago, I purchased this Stila Natural Beauty Eyeshadow Palette off BeautyBay. I originally thought this palette was a recent-ish release from Stila but with further research I discovered that it was released in 2009/2010! Wow, I've been living under a rock! Anyways, I've recently been on a Stila eyeshadow rampage and I just can't get enough of them! They're reasonably priced and amazing quality (this palette was $19!), so what's not to love?! Without further ado, let's get onto the review (hey, that kinda rhythms!).



Firstly, I just want to say the packaging is simply awful. Although the eyeshadow placement looks quite beautiful and intricately placed, the packaging feel extremely flimsy. Similarly with other eyeshadow palettes Stila has released these eyeshadows are in a cardboard packaging, however the other palettes had an actual 'lid' whereas the Natural Beauty palette only has clear plastic protectant.  I definitely wouldn't take this palette for travelling as I would be too afraid that it would shatter the eyeshadows. Another downfall of the packaging is that the clear protectant does get dirty easily - I've used this palette about 3 times now and I can see marks already. Oh and no mirror! Ahhhhh. The only factor I do like about this packaging is that it is EXTREMELY lightweight.


Enough bashing of the packaging, I will rave on about the colours available in this palette. There is a fantastic variation of shades in this palette as well as a mixture of mattes and shimmers. The odd numbered shades are shimmers while the even number shades are matte, so there is an even distribution of both. Every one of the 13 shades in this palette is wearable, either alone or as part of a look. It is also very easy to create light and subtle looks for the daytime, but also shake it up and create sultry evening looks.


As much as I love the colour range in this palette, I'm disappointed to say that a few of them were a tad chalky and lacked pigmentation. Other than that though, the wear-time is excellent and I definitely love this palette. If you're looking for an affordable, neutral eyeshadow palette, this is definitely the palette for you. Here's a few swatches of the eyeshadows:



As you can see the last 7 shades are absolutely gorgeous and pigmented, while the first 6, although still pigmented not as bright and smooth. With that being said, I'm glad to welcome this palette in my Stila collection and I'm excited to try out more! What are your opinions on Stila eyeshadows, love or hate?



Have a great day girls! xo

29 comments :

  1. looks like a goegeous palette. i never noticed this stila one too! how much much did you buy it for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops forgot to put the price in! I purchased it for $19 :) So cheap!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous palette. I could see myself using this a lot.

    BeautyMakeUpAddict.com


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the perfect palette for everyday use! :)

      Delete
  3. The palette looks gorgeous but it's a shame that the packaging is so flimsy! The texture of Stila eyeshadows never seem to wow me though :(


    Amy <3
    www.theprettyvain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the Stila "in the light" palette was quite amazing. I do admit they're not as smooth as the UD shadows, but they're quite similar :)

      Delete
  4. I think that palette is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the stila eye shadows but I think this palette under whelms me. I like their rectangle palettes with 10 eye shadows the best.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The packaging is definitely a downfall, and I also agree with you about their rectangle palettes. But this palette is a good cheap alternative. :)

      Delete
  6. i really love how the eyeshadows are placed in the palette, looks like a snowflake, so pretty =D and wow, the shades are gorgeous!! it's sad that others are chalky but the shades still look amazing though :) thanks for the awesome review, i really want to try this palette. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the placement of the shadows as well! It's the only feature I like about the packaging, haha! :)

      Delete
  7. i hear this is an amazing dupe for naked? but dont you think the pans are small?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! The pans are quite small. But with so many different shades available, it can last a long time :)

      Delete
  8. this is a gorgeous palette :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Stila eyeshadows, especially the shimmery ones they're so soft and pigmented. I have the in the light palette and it's so great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the "In The Light" Palette as well, it's AMAZING! :)

      Delete
  10. aw it looks lovely!!! I really want to try out the Stila 'in the light' palette and the 'in the know' palette seems really good too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I currently have "in the light" and "in the garden". I want get my hands on "in the moment" and "in the know" as well! :)

      Delete
  11. this is actually a bargain!! xx

    www.ajumpinmargaretslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't tried any Stila eyeshadows, but these colours are what I'd usually go for :) It's a shame about all the marks you mentioned, I hate that too!

    http://www.danielleyc.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this, I think its stunning, a shame about the chalkiness? :(
    http://missstephanieusher.blogspot.co.uk/

    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only a few of the lighter shades are a tad chalky, all the others have amazing pigmentation and texture :)

      Delete
  14. Nice Shades, but its a shame some are chalky :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful.... so natural.. nice review Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh god~~ I've always loved Stila! I love their eyeshadow collection<3 Esp this one and in the know palette ♥ thanks for the review and swatches, I'd definitely choose this over UD naked palette, I knew! haha~

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!