6 Sep 2012

Review + Swatches: Essence Polishes

Whilst browsing through Priceline a couple of weeks ago, I stumbled across a few Essence nail polishes. My eyes were instantly drawn to these three polishes - Time For Romance, Blue Addicted & Where's The Party At?. I have seen numerous posts showing the stunning nail polishes by Essence, but it always slips my mind to actually trying them out, thankfully I did end up purchasing these because they are absolutely gorgeous! I cannot believe I've waited this long to get my hands on these!


Time For Romance is a stunning maroon based jelly polish infused with finely milled pink glitters along with pink/red iridescent bits. Like most glitter polishes I've tried, Time For Romance needed a few coats (3 to be exact) to become pigmented. Application was smooth and I found that the polish did try quite quickly. The perfect polish if you're a glitter lover and in the mood for romance!



Similarly to Time For Romance, Blue Addicted has the same consistency and formulation - the only exception is obviously the colour and larger glitter chunks. Blue Addicted has blue and green glitter chunks as well as blue iridescent bits. This polish has been said to be a good dupe for Deborah Lippman's Across The Universe, which I have been wanting to get my hands on for the longest time. So this is definitely a great purchase!



The last nail polish I bought was Where's The Party? which I knew would turn out to be my favourite out of the three. Judging from the bottle alone I was definitely excited to give this beautiful shade a try. At different angles, Where's The Party? changes from purple to green, to brass and even slightly teal but mainly purple/green. I find myself constantly staring at my nails every time I wear this polish, people in public must think I'm crazy but I just can't help myself!



And lastly, I bought the Gel-Look TopCoat because I needed a new one. No other reason really haha. This topcoat doesn't differ to any other topcoats I've tried - my nails still chip and the finish looks mediocre. I feel as though I'm just painting my nails with a normal clear polish and not a topcoat. But for $3 (I think) you can't really complain. 



And here a few snaps of the polishes after 3 coats and the Gel-Look Topcoat. 



These photos honestly don't do these polishes justice. They look much more beautiful in real life - especially Where's The Party? since it is a multichrome. I definitely recommend giving the Essence nail polishes a try - they're great polishes, they have an amazing selection of colours and they are insanely cheap - $2.55! :)

Let me know if you've tried these before and what are your favourites! xo


33 comments :

  1. Love the where's the party one!!

    http://kellinasthoughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blue, so pretty! x

    http://heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love essence polishes! Such good quality for the price but always look better in person then in pictures. I've reviewed a bunch on my blog if you would like to check them out.

    :) chelsey
    industrialdimestoremagic.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have only tried one nail polish by Essence, it was a light blue and it chipped really quickly, how long did these last on your nails?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All three nail polishes last a good 4-5 days for me. Which topcoat did you use?

      Delete
  5. WOW gorgeous, i wish these were easily sourced in the UK.

    Sophierosehearts, currently having a soap & Glory and Revlon giveaway x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Blue addicted and Where's The Party looks similarly like Paying with Platinum by Spoiled.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have different essence nail polishes and I love them! They're cheap and gorgeous! xx

    www.ajumpinmargaretslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blue addicted is so beautiful and pretty unique :) I hope I can find them at Ulta here in the US! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Essence polishes are amazing :) I love these :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the red-ish colour, it's gorgeous :) xx

    Last day of my 100 follower giveaway - jensbrightandbeautiful.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous!!! the blue color is my fave :) you can really see the glitters on them, i'm a sucker for glitter nail polishes =D XO

    ReplyDelete
  12. very nice color! The blue one looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These all look amazing, I really love the last one though :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whoa the blue addicted is a gorgeous colour! I havent bought any Essence polish before since im put off by the size but maybe i should try them :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm surprised I've never heard of this brand until just recently! I must check it out soon ;)

    http://blog.dawnelia.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Where Is The Party!! Gorgeous polish!

    Good review :)

    X

    ReplyDelete
  17. The blue polish is gorgeous! I love the idea of a gel top coat too, hopefully those will hit the UK beauty brands soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have all those colours now. I just bought the Pink one and the Duo Toned one! So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Where's The Party At? reminds me a lot of OPI Not Like the Movies :) And I love Blue Addicted - it's such a gorgeous glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really like the "Blue Addicted" shade! It's super pretty. :)
    -Amber
    http://beautyguide101.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. "Where's The Party?" is my favorite. <3

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great post. Loving blue addicted!

    bloglovetherapy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've seen these at Target but wasn't sure if they were alright. Thanks so much for doing a review, I'll have to go try some out. They have the best colours and they're sooo cheap!! x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Woaah they're so pretty esp. the Blue Addicted shade! <3

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love essence polishes :) I'm waiting for the news shades and the new packaging!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love Essence polishes! Wearing Gorgeous Bling Bling atm :) Plus, they're Cruelty Free, which is a huge thing in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I've tried the blue one and it's so pretty! I want to purchase more essence nail polish esp the red glitter! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love Essence polishes, especially with their new look of the bottles :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I need to try "Where's The Party?" it looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!