22 Sep 2012

NOTD: Essie's Mod Squad

One of my newest editions into my nail polish collection is Essie's Mod Squad which my boyfriend kindly gifted to me (you can read all about it here). Mod Squad is an amazingly vibrant hot pink which is perfect for the spring/summer. It's also the perfect shade for when I want to show off my girlier side or wanting to add a pop of colour.




First off I want to apologise about the slightly chipped nails. I took these photos after a WEEK of wear, which included working and going to a music festival. Considering all that, this polish has held up quite well. Usually any nail polish, no matter what brand will chip on me after 2-3 days max. So for this polish to last a week is quite astonishing!


I used two coats of Mod Squad and Essence's Gel Look top coat. As with all Essie polishes, application was amazing as well as opacity. For Essence's Gel Look, I do think it gives the nail polish a nice shine, however it makes drying time 100000000 times longer. So I definitely do not recommend this top coat for anyone who is impatient like me!


Essie is available in Australia at large department stores such as David Jones and Myer for approx $19. However, I buy mine from Cosmetic Fragrance Direct as it's about 60% cheaper than department stores - $6! Have an amazing day girls!

xo

29 comments :

  1. Ooh! Pretty! I'm wearing an almost similar shade of pink right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a pretty color! I wish I had long nail beds like you lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that's the first time I've ever heard someone say that to me! I bet your nails are beautiful :)

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous colour, i love pinks :)

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! They're great for Spring/Summer but I like to wear them throughout the whole year! :)

      Delete
  4. What a nice color!
    You've got yourself a new follower. :)

    I would love to get a followback if you are interested in my blog! <3
    http://girlsandbeyond.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you! I'll definitely check out your blog now! :D

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous colour, it is so complimentary with your skin tone :)

    xx Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am digging this pink!

    gl0ssi.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks, I think it's gorgeous as well! :)

      Delete
  8. Such a pretty shade of pink! And ooh I've been looking for a non-UV gel top coat for ages, do they sell that in stores or did you have to get it online? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's from Essence! So you can grab it from Target or selected Priceline stores :)

      Delete
  9. Lovely colour :)

    www.rebekasbeautyworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohhhhh im in love! that colour is so pretty! i love the shade of pink. =D Essie nail polishes are so amazing. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Essie polishes are the absolutely best! I think I like them better than OPI ;)

      Delete
  11. Wow lasted for a week? That is amazing! Beautiful colour too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I was very impressed that it lasted that long! Haha

      Delete
  12. I love the opacity and application to Essie! This colour is so pretty and vibrant, reminds me very much of tulips, haha. In saying that, it's definitely perfect for spring~ ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree. This is an amazing colour that screams spring! :)

      Delete
  13. I also have this polish and I love the colour! :)

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!