30 Sep 2012

My First Empties Post!

For the past couple of months now, I've seen so many beauty bloggers/youtubers share products that they had finished and what they liked/didn't like about them and if they would repurchase or not. So I decided to jump on the bandwagon and show you guys what products I had finished using recently. So let's get straight into it!


 I've been collecting my empty products for about a month or so now, just so I could make this post for you guys to see! Most of the products in this post are actually a few of my all time favourite products as well. So I'm  glad to share these with you. 



First up is a few Avène product samples - the Gentle Milk Cleanser & Eye Contour Care - I have received by either BellaBox or Lust Have It. I'm definitely glad I received these products as they are truly amazing - especially the gentle milk cleanser! Although this is a small bottle of the Milk Cleanser, it has lasted me for such a long time (about a month) and I can't wait to purchase a full size of this. The Avène Gentle Milk Cleanser claims to "remove make-up and gentle cleanses the face without undermining the protective lipidic film natural to the skin." It definitely leaves the skin feeling soft, smooth and extremely clean. I cannot say more good things about this cleanser! RRP $29.95


Next is the Avène Eye Contour Care cream. This cream is said to help "minimise the signs of ageing around the sensitive eye area. It specifically reduces deep lines and wrinkles as well as the appearance of puffiness and dark shadows." I wasn't able to use this eye cream long enough to critic whether or not this eye cream does everything it states. But I did notice that it reduced puffiness and slightly less noticeable dark shadows underneath my eyes. But nothing more than other eye creams I have used. I do however want to purchase a full sized version of this, just to try it out for a longer period of time. RRP $29.95 




Next up is my Maybelline Falsies Volum' Express Mascara. This is definitely one of my favourite mascaras of all time and I always have a spare one waiting when I do end up finishing one. I do admit that it does clump slightly, but the wand is absolutely amazing! I find that it can reach even the tiniest of lashes on my eye - which is pretty amazing as I have typical asian eyes haha! The consistency of the mascara is quite good as well, not too wet and not too dry. I also love the Maybelline Falsies Flared Waterproof Mascara as well! RRP $15.40




For hair products, I've just finished using the L'Oreal Elvive Nourshing Shampoo & Conditioner. This is a great shampoo for those with dry, brittle hair. But because I have dry ends and an oily scalp, I found that the shampoo added extra oil to my hair, therefore making the top of my head look more oily than usual. The conditioner however, did make the ends of hair feel really nourished. So it was kind of a win-lose situation with this combo. I do like pairing this conditioner with the Total Repair 5 Shampoo though. I will definitely repurchase the conditioner, but not the shampoo unfortunately. RRP approx $3-6 each depending on where you buy. 

Next is the Batiste Dry Shampoo in Blush. This is my all time favourite dry shampoo. It is absolutely amazing and a total life saver when you hair is looking a little oily. It's quick, easy and convenient. If you have never tried this before, I definitely think you should. $9.99



Onto the Dove Beauty Cleansing Wipes. These wipes are said to be "convenient to use as they cleanse, tone and moisturise in one simple step. Each wipe is enriched with a rich hydrating lotion that contains essential nutrients, and are designed to pamper and nourish dry skin on the face".  I love, love, love these wipes! They work so efficiently to remove make up and leave the skin feeling dewy and smooth.Nothing more to say about these wipes, other than the fact that they are amazing and do the job perfectly! I have so many of these wipes stocked up and waiting to be used! RRP $7.68

Nivea Visage Young Control Shine! Mattifying Gel Cream is a fantastic everyday moisturiser. It's very moisturising and absorbs quickly. For the shine control component, I feel as though it doesn't help at all. But I never had any expectations to help control shine, as I know there aren't that many products that can actual stop oil. So other than that, this is great moisturiser. It's very lightweight on the skin and leaves it feeling great. RRP approx $7.99

So there are my products that I have finished recently. Hopefully I will be doing more empties posts in the future. I hope you enjoyed reading this post and let me know what products you've used up recently! :)

xo


35 comments :

  1. I love empties posts! You only really get a full review of the product once you have used it up, and I love knowing what products people are happy to repurchase

    http://kitschsnitch.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love reading and watching empties posts as well! They're so informative! :D

      Delete
  2. I love that Maybelline mascara too(: The formula is just perfect! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of the best mascaras I've used! :D

      Delete
  3. I have a tendency to use a clarifying shampoo and a nourishing conditioner :) those Avene products look really interesting, I have been hearing a lot about that brand lately :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try the Avene products - they're amazing! :D

      Delete
  4. Fab post, I'm a huge fan of the L'oreal line but haven't tried this Nourishing one yet, just might pop the conditioner into my cart the next time for some dry ends salvation!

    xx,diamondinrouge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The conditioner is really hydrating! It definitely will nourish your hair :)

      Delete
  5. That is also my favourite dry shampoo! I have yet to find one that works better than this one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I've tried quite a few good quality dry shampoos, but this one is definitely my favourite! :D

      Delete
  6. yay for empties haha I only did my first one last month the most annoying thing was saving all the empty bottles haha :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA! I agree 100%! They take up so much space and you have to keep them until the end of the month! ahaha :)

      Delete
  7. i use L'Oreal shampoo and conditioner too! they're really amazing :) and i love the Batiste Dry Shampoo, it work miracles! i practically use most of your stuff too. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, we have so much in common! :P

      Delete
  8. I've noticed most "empties" posts comprise of skin care prods - I guess using up makeup is much harder (and I've very rarely seen a used up nail polish as well!). I've been curious to try that Maybelline mascara - most reviews I've heard of it have been glowing, and I generally really like Maybelline mascaras :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's definitely much easier to use up skin care products as most of the time you frequently use the same product to get an exact depiction of the product! I definitely recommend the Falsies Mascara - it does wonders to the lashes :)

      Delete
  9. I love the batiste dry shampoo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, another Batiste dry shampoo lover! :)

      Delete
  10. Wow this is a great post! The Avene cleansing milk looks great and I agree with you about the Falsies mascara, it is amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely try the cleansing milk - it's so amazing! :D

      Delete
  11. Great post! and yay for your first empties post hehe.. ;) Love Maybelline Falsies Mascara as well..Please check out my new online store that just opened today. :)

    www.cutedumpling.blogspot.com
    cutedumplingshop.bigcartel.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely be checking out your store! Can't wait to see what goodies are available :D

      Delete
  12. What a nice post!
    I use a daily face scrub from the same series as the wipes and I love it too! It's not drying at all and leaves the face really clean!
    Hmm so you liked the Maybelline mascara? Maybe I should give it a try too.. I've been eyeing it for a while but I have very bad experiences with maybelline mascaras :(

    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely try the falsies mascara, it will change your mind about Maybelline mascaras :) Haha well hopefully!

      Delete
  13. I'm a fan of the Maybelline mascara too! It extends my lashes so much. I really need to try that dry shampoo, I've been using Tapioca Starch xP.

    <3 Rubiiee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that's quite inventive of you! Definitely try the Batiste dry shampoo when you get the chance - it's amazing!

      Delete
  14. I love empties posts :) I'm currently collecting stuff to do my own :) I've never seen the Batiste shampoo in Blush, I've tried the tropical scent before as well as the original (smells too lemony for my taste). Blush sounds interesting!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Batiste Dry Shampoo in Blush is my favourite! You should definitely give it a go when you find it! :)

      Delete
  15. I love the Elvive shampoo!! I have been using it for years now! Sometimes I switch between the 'Elvive re-nutrition' and the 'Elvive Smooth Intense Anti-frizz' Shampoos. I used the Anti-Frizz version if my hair is feeling oilier. I love the conditioner as well! You should definitely try the 'Elvive Re-nutrition Intense Nourishing Masque' I use it a few times a week as I have really dry hair at the ends! It works a charm!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been contemplating whether or not to buy the nourishing masque! But wasn't sure whether it would work or not, t think now, thanks for the advice! :D

      Delete
  16. I loved this post. You made me discover a realy great post. Your opinion of the products are very helpfull. Loved your post.

    Ps: You have so great makeup products that I can't find here in luxembourg!! :o)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much! Try looking for a few of these products online , you can find almost anything online! :D xx

      Delete
  17. omg im using the same loreal conditioner and i think its amazing! my hair used to be really dry(i have curly hair) but after using this conditioner its more softer and bouncier :) my curls! feel like leaving my hair open whole day,even though its too bushy :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the nivea.. I'm use it too..

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!