26 Sep 2012

Lust Have It: September 2012 Edition

Another month has flown by and each day brings us closer to IMATS Sydney (on this Saturday, YAY!). So after receiving my BellaBox last week, I thought that this month's Lust Have It bag will be filled with more disappointment like the past couple bags have been. To my surprise though, Lust Have It has stepped up their game and providing interesting/good quality products just like their earlier bags.


I honestly felt like cancelling my subscription with Lust Have It due to the continued dissatisfaction with their bags, but luckily I held out for one more month as this bag definitely changed my mind. This months LHI came in a fancy silver bag which looks lovely. I definitely prefer the silver bag compared to the other bright pink bags and what not. Just like any other subscription beauty box, this months LHI came with a little card detailing the types of products included in the box and why they chose the products. Similarly with Bella Box, this months LHI is revolved around the beautiful Spring season.

(Sorry for the slightly blurry photos!)

Onto what is inside the bag, this months products included:

1. Dermalogica - Multi Vitamin Power Recovery Masque 15mL (fullsize: 75mL $76)
2. Davroe - Smooth Senses Straightening Balm 15g (fullsize: 200mL $22.50)
3. Avène - Cold Cream Body Lotion 10mL (fullsize: 400mL $35.95)
4. Mirenesse - Ace of Base Concealer 1.5g (fullsize: 4.5g $35)
5. Say It With Scent - Green Tea Hand and Body Lotion 30mL (fullsize: 200mL $26.80)


Disappointingly there were no full sized products included in this months LHI bag, however it did include a few "free" products that you could claim. First off, there is a chance of redeeming a Mirenesse eye liner - which I think is quite silly as it gives a false advertisement of winning (by saying congratulations) and then stating only limited to 1000 people. Really? Pretty stupid if you ask me.

Next there was also a promotion on Davore included in this months box where you can claim a free Davoroe product from their website, however you still have to pay for shipping - which is also quite annoying. You also have to register and receive emails from them as well, so I don't think I will be claiming anything from the website.

And lastly, LHI included a free Dermalogica facial treatment valued at $90 if you spend $50 or more on their products. This definitely intrigues me and I will certainly be trying out this facial treatment!



So overall, I quite liked this box as it's definitely much much much better than the last couple months. Although in saying that, it doesn't compare to this month's Bella Box which I thought was quite good. I was quite excited to try out the Mirenesse concealer, but of course it was in the complete wrong shade therefore being useless to me. Which is really disappointing, but I'm excited to also try out all the other products as they seem quite good. Let me know if you have subscribed to LHI and whether you enjoyed this month's goodies.

Thank you so much for reading and have an amazing day! xo

20 comments :

  1. The products look amazing! I was also afraid of subscribing to monthly gift boxes but I guess it's like a playing lucky dip.

    And yes! The congratulatory promotion is rather stupid indeed. I also dislike it when companies do that because majority of the time it's a waste of paper and a lot of people dont want to be receiving emails from places they've signed up for just to gain a discount code or free gift. (ie. me.) lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's also fun to subscribe to beauty boxes as I love opening them up every month and not knowing what goodies to expect! But you do get the odd crappy products haha. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm a big fan of Dermalogica! :)

    www.cutedumpling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The products are high quality ones and look very good :)xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm very impressed with this months box! :)

      Delete
  4. the concealer doubles as an eyeshadow primer, so you can still use it if it doesn't match your skin tone!

    http://kitschsnitch.blogspot.com.au/2012/09/lust-have-it-box-september.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know! I didn't think about that :)

      Delete
  5. I think I am glad that I subscribed to Bellabox instead of Lust have it this month :) I just haven't been a fan of their packs lately.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Bellabox is definitely better than LHI. I think if LHI have another disappointing box next month, I will be unsubscribing.

      Delete
  6. the products look really good, it's nice to have alot of varieties. :) but that false advertising is so dumb, it will just piss off customers, not a smart move at all right. thanks for sharing hun.<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely hate when companies say that you've won, but there's always 'a catch' to winning. So stupid! >:/

      Delete
  7. Lovely things in the box, however I don't think I'd subscribe coz I certainly don't need more lotions and such, I'd much prefer more makeup haha. It's a bit annoying that you have to redeem vouchers hey & still pay for the shipping.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am getting quite sick of lotions and what not. You should see my samples box that I need to try, it's so so full! Haha.

      Delete
  8. which is your favourite beauty subscription service? thinking of subbing to one but not sure...kind of hesitant just because im afraid i wont like what they send me haha >< although i do like the feeling of getting packages every month and being suprised by the products!

    Laura x

    demure-porcelain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BELLABOX DEFINITELY! I haven't been disappointed with any of their boxes so far :) Check out my other BB reviews on my blog to see what kind of products they offer :)

      Delete
  9. You got completely different products to me, I would have liked to try the concealer! I think they included all those 'free' samples to make up for there being no full sized products. I was so disappointed with my bag

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, it sucks that you're so disappointed. Let's just hope next month will be a better bag! :)

      Delete
  10. None of these products look familiar! But then again, I live in Narnia lol!
    Are you doing reviews on the products? I'm kinda curious :)

    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I will hopefully be doing reviews if I really like the product or I will do a mini review in my next empties post! :)

      Delete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!