26 Aug 2012

Review + Swatches: Face Of Australia Essentials

Face Of Australia is one of Australia's own most well known cosmetics brand. This being said, up until recently, I wasn't interested at all in any of their products. Not because their products lack quality, but because I was too caught up in international brands, that I merely forgot about the ones from Australia. However, I'm glad that I have finally given a few Australian brands a chance because they're just as good as the international ones! It's funny how we always forget about the ones we like the most. Anyways, enough of my rambling, to add to my FOA beauty collection, I recently purchased the Face Base Primer, two Lip Quench Lipsticks in Malibu Barbie and Forbidden Fruit and a Mechanical Lipliner in Pink. 


After trying my first Lip Quench in Lychee Crush a few months ago, I decided to grab another as I loved the quality of these lip sticks. Before I go on any further, I just want to say how much I appreciate FOA for being against animal testing! 


Malibu Barbie & Forbidden Fruit

If you're a big pink fan, you must get your hands on Malibu Barbie! The name is a big tip off - what do colour do you think of when you think Barbie? Bright bubblegum pink of course! Forbidden Fruit on the other hand is a bright red shade - which reminds me of the skin of Red Delicious Apples, this is probably where they got the idea from! Both lip Quenches definitely deliver bright, bold, fun and girly shades to brighten up any make-up look and add a pop of colour. 

Malibu Barbie & Forbidden Fruit

I absolutely love these Lip Quenches. They're SPF 30+ and include shea butter and jojoba oil to help moisturise and lock in moisture for your lips. The pigmentation and staying power of these lipsticks are also amazing. These lipsticks will stay put for a good 2-3 hours after application and does not dry out or leave unsightly cracks on your lips. Packaging wise - it's very sleek and the cap lid has a clear top, making it quick and easy to spot which lippie it is. These Lip Quenches retail for $9.95 AUD but there are always specials going on in stores so you can get them for cheaper as well! These lip quenches are definitely a winner in my books!


Mechanical Lipliner in Pink

This may come as a surprise, but this is actually my first ever lipliner. Usually when I apply lipstick, I only ever use lip balm to help nourish my lips, lipstick and then lip gloss if I want a glossy finish. I never really tested out lipliners before, but I thought I would snatch this one up as it matches perfectly with my Malibu Barbie lip quench. I did notice that when applying the lipliner underneath your lipstick, the colour is more pigmented and more long lasting. I wish I started investing in lipliners sooner!

Lipliner in Pink, Malibu Barbie & Forbidden Fruit


As this is my first lip liner I don't have much to compare it to, but I will compliment on the packaging. I love, love, love that it's mechanical. I don't mind eyeliners/lipliners when they need to be sharpened either, but I do find mechanical liners to be much more easy to use and more convenient. I absolutely hate when some products are dispensed by clicking the bottom of it. Reminds me of using a pen and it takes extremely long for the product to be dispensed, therefore impatient people like myself, will click more and end up having too much product that is wasted. Anyways, I'm getting off track, I definitely like this lipliner very much. I felt as though I could just wear this lipliner and a gloss as it was quite pigmented and didn't dry out my lips. The Face Of Australia Mechanical Lip Liners retail for $9.95 AUD, but as stated before there are constantly sales on FOA products, so you can definitely get it for cheaper.

Face Of Australia Face Base Primer

I'm usually not fussed when dealing with face primers, but recently after trying my Natio Ageless Illuminating Primer, I knew I had to branch out and try a few other primers out. The first primer that caught my eye was the FOA Face Base Primer. I hadn't heard much about this primer before, so I wasn't sure whether this product was going to a hit or miss - fortunately this primer is definitely a hit! The primer has a gel-like formula which is extremely light weight on the skin and has a subtle fresh scent. I find that when applied onto the face it give the skin a very soothing effect and leaves it looking hydrated. This primer teamed up with your daily moisturiser definitely makes your skin feel as though it's a baby's bottom, haha! Just like the comparison, the Face Base primer easily glides onto the skin, and creates an unbelievably smooth and semi matte base for your foundation routine. 

Face Of Australia Face Base Primer

I have been using this primer for the last couple of days now, and I have noticed a big difference to how my make-up looks and lasts with and without this primer. Coming home after a long and busy day at work, I assumed my make-up would have faded or rubbed off during the course of the day - but when using this primer I found that when I came home my foundation, blush, bronzer etc had not budged at all. The FOA Face Base Primer also contains Vitamin E and Chamomile which helps to 'prevent face radicals' and helps to 'strengthen your skin'. This is definitely an amazing face primer, and for only $11.95 it's undeniably a steal! Have any of you girls tried any FOA products before? What are your favourite primers?


18 comments :

  1. Wow what positive reviews :)
    I really like the formula of the lip quench lipsticks too but Lychee Crush just did not look good on me >.<

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the pink lippy and lip liner, such a gorgeous shade! i want it :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo i like the forbidden fruit one! :D

    www.cutedumpling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's funny how we don't stock FOA in NZ! We're right over the 'ditch' ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely lip colors! I had the same revelation about lipliners(: I like to use them alone all over the lip and then apply a clear balm overtop-color but with no dry feeling! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. the pink lipstick is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have seen the Face Of Australia primer and have always thought about trying it out but i could never find a review about it, I have oily skin so I need a good primer. Your review has made me what to go out and purchase this primer right now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree, FOA Primer is surprisingly really good for it's price! I haven't tried their lipstick or lipliner yet but will probably do so after reading this post :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love Malibu Barbie, it's perfect for spring/summer. I also need to get my hands on that lipliner, it looks like the perfect match.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been meaning to do a review on the FOA primer for the longest time haha, i love it soo much I'm glad you do too!
    The lipsticks look great, I'll have to pick some up next time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the color from the lipliner. Great review! :D

    Please check backtofive.blogspot.com out! You can also follow me at backtofive's twitter too!
    You have to visit Bloggers Against Social Injustice too!

    See you there! :D

    backtofive.blogspot.com
    backtofive.blogspot.com
    backtofive's twitter


    xoxo backtofive

    ReplyDelete
  12. i like the colors of the lipliner, so beautiful *.*

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeous lipstick colours! xx

    http://www.theprovocativecouture.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great post! I love the swatches. I just stumbled upon your blog, and really like it! I'm your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Face of Australia products! I recently got their primer too and so far I am really impressed! I love their lipstick in Lychee crush but most of all I love their liquid eyeliner! I was never able to apply liquid liner nicely, but with this I can make it look awesome! Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh awesome, I've been looking for a good, affordable primer and I think I've found it! quick question, can you use the primer on your eyelids or do you HAVE to use eye primer over there? o.O

    ReplyDelete
  17. Forbidden fruit looks gorgeous !

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi great review I have several FOA lipsticks as they are quite inexpensive when on sale, love the brand and it being Australian. Thanks for visiting my blog!!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!