3 Aug 2012

Review: Stila "In The Light" Neutral Eyeshadow Palette

After reading a few reviews on the Stila "In The Light" Palette, I knew I had to buy it ASAP!  I'm a big sucker for neutral eyeshadows - so this palette is absolutely perfect for me. Although I already have several neutral eyeshadow palettes such as the Naked palettes and Sleek palettes, this Stila palette is too good to not purchase it!




This palette contains 10 beautiful eyeshadows - 4 matte shades and 6 shimmer shades. All the shades in the palette complement each other perfectly and will be able to create countless looks. The consistency of these shadows are also extraordinary. All shades are so creamy and extremely easy to blend - which reminds me a lot of the Urban Decay Naked eyeshadows. The staying power of these eyeshadows are very long-lasting and I feel as though these can be used without a primer.


 (L-R) Bare, Kitten, Bliss, Sunset & Sandstone
(L-R) Champagne, Gilded Gold, Luster, Night Sky & Ebony

Stila "In The Light" Palette also contains a Stila Smudgestick. I haven't tried any of the Stila Smudgesticks before, but after swatching "Damsel" (the shade in the palette) and wearing it a couple of times - I can safely say that these Smudgestick are amazing! It is extremely easy to apply and very pigmented. The Smudgestick slides effortlessly onto the eyes, simple to smudge and stays on for the longest time. 


All in all, this palette is an absolute winner and is definitely something you should have in your make-up collection! The only complaint I do have about this palette (and it's a very minor one) is that the name of the eyeshadow shades are not written underneath them. The names are written on the back of the palette - however, I find it a tad annoying flipping over to the back when I want to try and create a look. Other than that, I love, love, love this palette!

If you're interested in grabbing this palette you can purchase it on ASOS, Beautybay, HQHair etc. I bought mine from BeautyBay for $32.60 plus free shipping - however it took a month for them to deliver it to me. Do you own this palette? If so, let me know your opinions! 
xo

29 comments :

  1. Love the colours in this palette, thanks for posting where to buy it from :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colours are really pretty! great post :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has been on my wishlist for a few weeks now too. I love that they've included both shimmer and matte shades together, as it can be hard to find palettes which have both.
    Mel x
    http://melswallofmirrors.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! "Champagne" looks so gorgeous, although I do love my matte shades a lot!
    http://cofcorals.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty palette! I'm obsessing over neutrals right now, might have to grab this one xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought this too! I absolutely love it! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been eyeing this for a while now, but I think I already have enough neutral palettes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oohhh...the colors look so gorgeous! might try this one...:)

    surely, I would love for us to follow each other. Hope you can follow back soon. :)

    Jenn
    The Pink Lemonade Girl

    ReplyDelete
  9. I nominated you for the Laine Beauty Award!! You can check it out here :) http://jordysbeautyspot.blogspot.com.au/2012/08/laine-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have both of the Naked palettes but I'd love to be able to try this one as I have an unhealthy (healthy in my opinion)obsession with neutral palettes, but I know it'd be expensive to have to shipped to Australia.

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The shades are gorgeous in this palette- I have it too and love it
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. swatches look great! love neutral shadows too!

    Laura x

    demure-porcelain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. In love with this pallet! I'm saving up at the moment for it! :) Got to love neutral eye shadows!
    Rosie x

    www.withlove-rosemarie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, the colors in this palette are amazing! Love how they look in the swatches, and the palette is pretty as well!

    Awesome review!

    Rubiiee

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow! that's a nice palette!!!^^

    looks really great! color look all nice!

    x
    http://ilovemakeup68.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been meaning to get this! I love the colours! X

    ReplyDelete
  17. looks like naked palette, but stila is my fave brand anyways. ^^


    followed your blog, hope u could follow mine? xx

    http://poptartselle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have been so tempted to buy this, always look so pretty when I see it on blogs! x

    http://wewereraisedbywolves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  19. love the color on that eyeshadow palette :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. please visit my blog! www.dailydisguise.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Interesting palette. I finally bit the bullet and got the Naked 2 palette so I can't justify buying this right now but l love the four colors to the left especially! Great review/comparison!

    ReplyDelete
  22. hi i like your blog

    follow mine too
    http://cupofpinktea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks so much for the review. I want some new palettes.
    xo
    lilithfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm totally dieing to get this pallete! Great Swatches!
    http://mgbeauty24.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. love that shades,,

    www.prettiestlady.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Absolutely gorgeous! obsessed with these kind of palettes
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the colours in this palette!

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!