5 Aug 2012

Another ELF haul: Review + Swatches

So after receiving and trying out my E.L.F products from my first E.L.F haul (review and swatches here) I knew I had to grab a few more of their products. Like I said in my other post, it's such a shame that the Australia E.L.F website doesn't stock more than half of the products on the U.S website - I really want to try their baked blushes! However, I ended up grabbing two more of their blushes, the 32 piece eyeshadow collection and their contouring blush and bronzing powder. 



The limited edition E.LF Studio Endless Eyes Pro Mini 32 eyeshadow palette is new onto the Australian website - so I obviously had to snatch it up ASAP. I wanted to buy the 100 eyeshadow palette but unfortunately it was sold out, so I settled for the mini one instead. Don't get me wrong, the mini palette is still an amazing palette - I just wanted to the larger 100 eyeshadow palette more, haha. 



I also want to add that I love the box that the palette comes in - it's very sleek but fun. Before I forget to mention it, the price of the 32 eyeshadow palette is $12 AUD. I'm not quite sure how much the 100 eyeshadow palette is retailing for, as it does not list the price since it's out of stock. Also, the palette includes a built-in mirror and a double sided applicator. 


The palette itself is also very sophisticated. As you can see from the picture below- the cover of the palette is three quarters clear and shows three of the four rows in the palette. I think it looks very appealing to the eye and quite unique in terms of palette packaging. The only quality I don't like about the packaging is the black border where it says "eyes lips face" tends to get dirty very easily. I can already see a few visible marks and smudges on it. However, in saying this you can always clean the palette by using make-up wipes - but I personally get annoyed when I see smudges on my palettes. I must have a weird obsession with clean palettes!



Moving onto the eyeshadows, on the E.L.F website this palette is described as:


"..eyeshadow assortment perfect for those on-the-go beauty touch-ups! With endless colors & textures to choose from, the Professional 32-Piece Eyeshadow Palette lets you create your own personal look whenever you wish, wherever you are!"

I totally agree with this description! There are 32 lovely colours to choose from to create a number amount of looks to suit your everyday need. The palette encompasses a combination of matte and shimmer shades - along with a mixture of neutrals and brights, therefore making this palette very versatile. I'm a very big fan of neutral eyeshadows, so I'm glad to see that the palette does sway towards more neutrals and then just adds in a few brights just to shake things up. Now for the swatches: 




As you can see from the photos most of the shades are quite pigmented - however there were a couple of shades that felt and looked very chalky. Most of the shimmer shades in this palette felt very smooth and creamy to swatch, whereas the matte shades needed a little more product to be able to see colour pay-off. Also, there is fall-out when you apply it onto your lids, so I suggest putting on the eyeshadow first and then your foundation routine. But for $12, you can't complain about this palette. It looks good, there are a great variety of eyeshadow shades to choose from and the quality and blend-ability of the eyeshadows are also good. I definitely recommend this palette if you're looking for something affordable or starting to experiment with eyeshadows.



And now for the blushes and the contouring blush/bronzer. After buying my first two blushes from E.L.F in my other haul and trying them out, I instantly knew I HAD to purchase more. The pigmentation, the texture, the packaging, the price - everything about these blushes are absolutely amazing. These are without a doubt one of my favourite brands for blushes. Again, there is one problem I have with these blushes is that  I wish E.L.F would make the product bigger! NARS blushes for example contain 4.8grams where as E.L.F blushes contain a measly 2.75 grams!!



I purchased two blushes in the shades Twinkle Pink and Candid Coral - to add to my other two E.L.F blushes in shades Pink Passion and Tickled Pink. 

Twinkle Pink & Candid Coral
Contouring blush & Bronzer

Next is the E.L.F Studio Contouring Blush and Bronzer Powder, now I've heard many good things about this products so I thought it would be a good time to jump on the bandwagon and try it out. I honestly didn't think much of this blush/bronzer duo as I already have my favourite bronzer (Bourjois Delice De Poudre Bronzer) which I wear with a number of different blushes. However after swatching the blush/bronzer duo I could instantly see what the hype was all about. The blush and bronzer are two beautiful shades that complement each other perfectly, they are also very natural and wearable shades. The formula of this duo is very similar to the regular blushes - very pigmented, easy to blend, smooth application. Both the blush and bronzer have a long staying power and does not become muddy looking after a couple hours of wear. Therefore, this is definitely worth $9.99 AUD ($3.50 in the U.S!!). 

(L-R) Twinkle Pink, Candid Coral, Contouring Blush, Contouring Bronzer

Like always, E.L.F always delivers great quality products. I can confidently say that I will be re-purchasing these products (as well as the products I already own) again when I eventually run out and I definitely recommend you lovelies on trying out E.L.F products if you haven't already! If you're from Australia and want to try out some E.L.F products, I'll link the website here. Oh and there's free shipping on all orders over $30 AUD! If you girls have tried their products before please let me know what your favourites are in a comment or what other products you recommend for me!

Hope you all had a lovely weekend! xo 

38 comments :

  1. love the colors of the palette! :) I agree with you, some of their shadows are chalky but hey, you can't beat the price right, the colors are so pretty though :) and i've been loving ELF blushes lately, love the range of their colors.

    Great post as always!

    xxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg, I was debating to get twinkle pink because i was afraid of the shimmer. but your swatch looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the blushes!!!

    the eye shadow palettes are really great!! I have one of them and just love the shades!!

    http://kellinasthoughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! I was debating on the blushes and contour kit because I recently saw a review that said they were "too powdery"...but I think I will get them anyways after seeing this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i recently made an order for some elf blushes! can't wait to try them, heard alot of good stuff! :D

    Laura x

    demure-porcelain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely review, I wanted to try E.L.F blushers for ages now
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, really love the eye shadows colours!! Much love xxx

    sunshineandrainfashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the blush/bronzer duo and the prices of ELF are so good too! Lovely swatches :) x

    http://wewereraisedbywolves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This eyeshadow palette is really great, I love these colours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'm a fan of elf lip glosses, but have yet to venture out to their other products, i might have to pick up the blush though, great post!


    ♥♥♥PinkPopMash

    ReplyDelete
  11. the blushes look really pretty! I have never tried ELF, but I keep hearing about it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have the same products!
    I got sooo dissapointed at the 32 eyeshadows, I didn't like the pigmentation and it just vanished in my skin, but ofc, can't complain since I pay almost nothing!

    Blush & Bronzer I loved them!

    love your blog!visit mine :)

    flo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've not tried ELF products but your posts are tempting me! I like the look of the blush/bronzer duo and their single blushes. I saw Tanya Burr use Pink Passion in a recent video and it looked like such a pretty colour and very pigmented. I also want to get my hands on the Bourjois bronzer you mention is a fav of yours :p

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been thinking about getting one of the e.l.f palettes since I have a LOT of e.l.f products. But I just don't know about the actual quality when you get it onto the eyes, and I'm a neutral girl so I feel as though I'd be wasting it since I'd only use some of the shades. I don't know. I'm still on the fence about it. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice review! Nice eyeshadow colours!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. i really want to try products by elf. i've been seeing them everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great swatches! Not like I need any more neutrals but damnn you've got me lemming that palette.... also Twinkle pink & the duo!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love ELF, some of their products are really awesome, I love how they are so cheap!
    Makeup by Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow thanks for the review! The colours look really nice especially how cheap ELF is and how much colours you get x

    http://kreamiblush.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the ELF Blush and Contour I use it everyday! Great haul!
    http://mgbeauty24.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've been wanting to try the blush and bronzer due for ages! it looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I can't wait to try the blushers!! Twinkle Pink looks gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. gorgeous! i just received some elf stuff i purchased online! lovin them so far =D

    Laura x

    demure-porcelain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've always wanted to try the ELF Blush and Contour. How is it working for you? :)x

    ReplyDelete
  25. love the blushes!!!Great review!I love the ELF Blush I use it everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I just loved all the haul post :)
    They are just so yummy..

    Appu
    http://apoorvathink.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love e.l.f products, especially their blushes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wowww such beautiful colors :) And nice review :) Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely review. I would love to have the 32 palette eyeshadow. Thanks for reviewing..:)

    ReplyDelete
  30. i like elf but dont love it. these can be used more better by picking urban decay primer potion .
    Great post !

    ReplyDelete
  31. nice review.. the palette is awesome..

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love the colors of the palette!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I'm glad you liked the elf products. Some of them are really awesome! I personally love the blushes!

    ReplyDelete
  34. nce, i love the colours palette.

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!