15 Jul 2012

Review: Sigma Tapered and Flat Top kabuki

During my spending rampage, I decided to finally splurge and grab a few of the Sigma brushes I've been wanting for the longest time. I purchased both the F80 Flat Top Kabuki and F86 Tapered Kabuki along with a travel set which I will be reviewing in another post.




So on the Sigma website the Flat Top Kabuki is described as:

Unique Feature: Dense and flat head 
Function: Buffed foundation application 
Recommended Use: Application of liquid or cream products to flat areas of the face such as the forehead and cheeks.
Bristle Type: Synthetic Sigmax



The Tapered Kabuki is detailed as:

Unique Feature: Dense and tapered head 
Function: Precise blended application of face products 
Recommended Use: Apply cream and liquid foundations onto the harder to reach contours of the face. 
Bristle Type: Synthetic Sigmax

Both of these brushes effortlessly applies both liquid and cream products all over the face and gives your skin an air-brushed finish. The Flat Top Kabuki and Tapered Kabuki both encompass extremely dense but soft bristles to give you that flawless finish. Both brushes can also be used with powder products but I have yet to try. They are also said to be ideal for all over primer application, contouring and highlighting.

I can definitely say that these two Kabuki's are my favourite for applying my foundation and I cannot fault them what-so-ever. I will say though, that the Tapered Kabuki is a little easier to use around the eyes and nose because of the precision tip. I really want to grab a few of the other face brushes from the Sigmax Collection but I think I should stop as I have ordered a few of the Real Techniques brushes as well. 

If you haven't tried any of the Sigma Brushes you can order them online here. Please let me know your opinions of the Sigma Brushes and which ones are your favourite! :)

xo


15 comments :

  1. ohh! I got the F80! It's soft and does a really good job at blending in foundation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. im really wanting to try the sigma tapered buki too :D jealous that you have it now! -Loving Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are two of my favorite brushes from Sigma too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also have the F80 brush! It's super soft and does a very good job when I use it to apply my liquid foundation ♥

    http://tiffany-cruz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want the F86 it's probably the perfect brush to really make your foundation flawless!

    themodmermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOO i just got this too! i'm about to do review on this soon also nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post. I've never used Sigma brushes, but this Kabuki one sounds really nice :)
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post, I have been looking for a new foundation brush!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm waiting about a month to buy Sigma Brushes.. :) I was on a spending craze for the past two months! lol

    www.cutedumpling.blogspot.com

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great review, I need to invest in some decent brushes! Xx p.s give me an email when your parcel arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  11. great post sweetie you have a new follower with bloglovin please support me back many kisses from,
    http://littlefashionwhitelies.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm in love with the F80 brush, its the perfect brush for liquid foundation. I use it everyday :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. both brush are the best brush for foundation!

    ReplyDelete
  14. F80 is my favorite brush for foundation

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank's for the review.. you make me want to buy it.. XD

    ReplyDelete

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read and comment on this blog post! You've officially made my day a little bit brighter & more bearable!